Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I really regret it?

I had the bypass done 8/15. Prior to the surgery, I was super excited and ready. The day after surgery I started to regret everything. I was in pain, nauseas and not feeling well at all. It had only been a day so I thought I wasn't being fair. I started moving more and felt a bit better. Here I am....5 days later...balling my eyes out because I have to do this darn puree diet for 4 weeks!!! I want food, REAL FOOD. I am depressed and question myself; was this really worth it?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes,I felt the same way. It lasts awhile, but once you start real food and lose bunches of weight you will love that you went through it all. Hang in there, it gets so much better!!

I felt the same way. What the heck did I do to myself? Give it time, it will get better.

This is the first chapter in a whole new adventure and a new life for you! There are going to be lots of challenges at different stages along the way. No one promised this would be easy. You have to try to reframe the negative experiences into looking forward to the positive benefits. These early stages really will pass and you will hardly remember them several months from now. Meanwhile, follow the plan so you can heal well and without complications.

I definitely remember feeling that way after I got my gastric sleeve surgery. I was MAD that I couldn’t eat solid food and MAD that I’d done this to myself. It’s all part of the emotional reaction that’s to be expected after such a huge physical change. Give yourself time and it will get better!

I echo all the comments above. I was very angry too for awhile after surgery. I just kept reading on this site and seeing how all my feelings were normal and that it really does get better. The real page turner for me was the weight coming off. So exciting to have loose fitting clothes, then new clothes in smaller sizes. And compliments from others. Hang in there, and trust us who've been around awhile that it does get better. You've got this!

I'm only a month post op and i've felt the exact same way. I am thankful that i've been able to stop almost all of my meds and I have lost a good deal of weight...but the head hunger is a monster.

Did you seek psychologist advice prior to surgery to overcome obstacles

Just like everyone else I also cried one night and said I made a mistake. When I couldn't eat puree food, when the major bad Constipation hit, when I burped constantly, when my family went out for birthday dinners and I didn't go because I couldn't eat I thought what did I do? Then I realized, I have a beautiful four year old grand daughter who I did this to spend more time with and I realize, she's what's important. I lost my dad at 58 from a heart attack due to diabetes... I was on my way there. Now I am at 40 lbs lost in six weeks and I'm not on any diabetic meds at all. I look good feel good and I know eating will come in time. I'm taking it slow and sticking with a lot of Protein Shakes to get the weight off. I'm loving the second change at life I got

Just know this is going to after all the tough stuff is over change your life for the better... that is what makes it worth it.