Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

13 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Eight weeks post op, checking in!

First off, I am feeling really really good, like almost normal. A lot of the time I could even forget I had ps. Last week was my first not work from home week. It was a long week where I was "on" from Breakfast to closing down the bar. I was concerned about my stamina. But I was 100% fine.

My swelling seems to be decreasing. I wore compression gear for work last week, and it seems they keep the swelling down even after I take them off. I have been experimenting this week with wearing them. Since I'm less swollen, either the compression gear is helping, or I'm at the place in my recovery that there is less swelling.

My breast aug is coming along nicely! My left breast is like 80-90% there. It is looking nearly normal and natural. My right is coming along more slowly, but making progress, coming down little by little.

In not so positive news ... the healing issue w my crack continues. I've had some conversatios w my surgeon about it, plus a lot of Googling. The issue is a healing tissue called slough has covered part of the wound, and it now impeding it from closing. The tissue needs to be debrided, but it's just an issue of how. My surgeon has directed me to soak in a bathtub/hot tub and use open weave gauze, to soften the slough and then pull it off when it sticks to the gauze. That's a pretty conservative approach, plus there is also the issue of getting the gauze in a tight area in order to stay and stick. I'm really interested in a more aggressive approach. I want to talk to my surgeon about coming in to see him, and if he will do some form of debridement in his office. There is the issue of if he will agree to, and finding the time to get there. The other option is going to wound management locally. But there don't appear to be any wound care centers "in network" close by. I'm also afraid of playing insurance roulette in case it's not covered because it stems from cosmetic surgery. To be continued ...

Positive side benefit of my prescribed hydro therapy, I'm using the time in the hot tub to massage my scar tissue and my non compliant right breast when the tissues are warm and soft.

Because of getting in the hot tub regularly I'm not using scar tape yet. Still using Bio Oil, if nothing else it's soothing when my skin gets itchy.

In other vanity news ...

Eyelash Extensions - Have a love/hate with these. I LOVE the way they look. Like 😍😍😍! But they are already coming out, especially on one eye. I'm not sure if I'm too rough on them, or they weren't applied correctly, or if this is normal. I also have naturally really oily eyelids (weird, huh?), so maybe that plays a part. So if I want to keep them up keep is going to be a b*tch. I already get my nails one every two weeks. Do I want to add the time and expense of eyelashes too?

Filler - OMG, this has been a huge success. Results are drastic but subtle at the same time. I just look a little younger, but not "done". It was a bit of a roller coaster, first I was swollen and really bruised, then just swollen so I looked unnatural, then everything settled down and it looks perfect. I'll have to see how long it lasts. I got Radiesse, that is supposed to be the longest lasting.

Botox - I like it, but isn't a huge difference. I went a little light with 20 units. Next time I'll go with 40 and do my 11's as well. It is cheap enough I'll experiment a little.

PCA Chemical Peel - This was the biggest surprise for me. I didn't think much of it becuse it was a really cheap Groupon. I mean what can $37 get me? Well it really worked! I burned going on, and then I started o peel, I peeled for days! But at the end my skin is brighter and looks refreshed. Again, subtle, but positive.

With all of the above it makes me feel a lot more confident to go about my day, anything but work, wearing little to no make up.

Couple of pics ...

First my tummy, I am soo happy!

IMG_9191.thumb.jpg.0f297c6eb12faa8ed8fcc60caf3d3f03.jpg

And then this is the filler, before and after

IMG_9045.jpg.d3dcc91e2cc620833cd3a9480cf0816f.jpg

IMG_9178.thumb.jpg.2f8872877e116b6a4acd6957824900f1.jpg

💗💖❤️

Love these updates!

The first place I’m getting plastics done will be face/neck.
Never realized how “old” losing >100 pounds would make me look.

Then maybe— maybe this time next year I’ll think about other parts of my bod (I’m looking at you, thighs)

Wow #1: your skin on your tummy is FLAWLESS. It looks like a Barbie Doll tummy (in a GOOD WAY).

Wow #2: the filler results is quite dramatic!! Even your lips look plumped up, and the right side of your mouth raised to be even with the left side. Was that on purpose, or a happy accident? Either way, WOW. *considers filler*

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

your skin on your tummy is FLAWLESS. It looks like a Barbie Doll tummy (in a GOOD WAY).

So true!

@sillykitty it really looks great!

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Wow #1: your skin on your tummy is FLAWLESS. It looks like a Barbie Doll tummy (in a GOOD WAY).

Wow #2: the filler results is quite dramatic!! Even your lips look plumped up, and the right side of your mouth raised to be even with the left side. Was that on purpose, or a happy accident? Either way, WOW. *considers filler*

Wow #1 - My bf tells me if I exercise there are these things called muscles that may show through my flat tummy. I think it might be an urban legend tbh ...

Wow #2 - I think a happy accident? The nurse asked me what my goals were (look younger, fill my nasolabial folds), poked and prodded my face a little, then stated injecting. We didn't discuss my asymmetry because really never think about it unless I see a close up pic of myself (don't really see it looking in the mirror, idk why?).

On 2/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, sillykitty said:

Wow #1 - My bf tells me if I exercise there are these things called muscles that may show through my flat tummy. I think it might be an urban legend tbh ...

I have to say though that my Tummy Tuck allowed my stomach muscles to be visible. I knew they were under there cuz I could feel them, but the TT set them free, so to speak (well, at least the upper ones, the lower ones, if any, are obscured by my preggo-tum).

I can see some muscle definition on your own tight tummy. For kicks, maybe do like 50 situps and you will probably see them get more pronounced cuz they are so close to the surface now after your LBL.

P.S. I understand if this is not up you alley, LOL.

Three months post op TODAY 😁

Happy to report everything is going really well.

My breast aug has turned out amazingly! My left breast dropped quickly, and my right was a lot slower. They are just about even now. I'm not sure how much more they will change in the next few months. I hope not much because I am totally infatuated with them 😍 They look pretty darn natural IMO, just firmer and perkier than most 40 yr old breasts would be.

My crack area with the delayed healing has made significant progress. I've been spending a lot of time in the hot tub, or in a hot bath to soften and loosen some of the devitalized tissue in the area that was keeping the area from healing. I expect the area to close with a few weeks now. About freaking time. I'll be glad to have that behind me!

The rest of my incisions have healed really well. I mostly have just a thin purple line for my LBL scar. It is wider in the areas that had the drains. I expect this to turn white in about a year or two, with maybe just a little remaining redness. Hopefully eventually just a white line. I may need a scar revision for my crack area, but we'll see. My periareola incision for my breast aug are very nicely faded already. I expect them to be almost unnoticeable within 6 months, or less.

My lower abdominal swelling still persists, but is improving. I'm less swollen, more days.

The upside of swelling was a fuller butt and thighs. Now some of the draping of my thighs returned. They are still a huge improvement from pre plastics, but not perfect. And I officially have no a$$ whatsoever. It's sad. I often wear booty panties, especially under tight fitted dresses. I am seriously considering butt implants at the end of this year.

In other news, I turned out to be horrendously allergic to Bio Oil. The burning itching was awful. I'm not just using Lubriderm ans coconut oil. As soon as I'm not in and out of the hot tub all the time I'm going to start silicone tape. I'm not sure how well it will stay with removing panties. etc. multiple times a day though.

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

Three months post op TODAY 😁

Happy to report everything is going really well.

My breast aug has turned out amazingly! My left breast dropped quickly, and my right was a lot slower. They are just about even now. I'm not sure how much more they will change in the next few months. I hope not much because I am totally infatuated with them 😍 They look pretty darn natural IMO, just firmer and perkier than most 40 yr old breasts would be.

My crack area with the delayed healing has made significant progress. I've been spending a lot of time in the hot tub, or in a hot bath to soften and loosen some of the devitalized tissue in the area that was keeping the area from healing. I expect the area to close with a few weeks now. About freaking time. I'll be glad to have that behind me!

The rest of my incisions have healed really well. I mostly have just a thin purple line for my LBL scar. It is wider in the areas that had the drains. I expect this to turn white in about a year or two, with maybe just a little remaining redness. Hopefully eventually just a white line. I may need a scar revision for my crack area, but we'll see. My periareola incision for my breast aug are very nicely faded already. I expect them to be almost unnoticeable within 6 months, or less.

My lower abdominal swelling still persists, but is improving. I'm less swollen, more days.

The upside of swelling was a fuller butt and thighs. Now some of the draping of my thighs returned. They are still a huge improvement from pre plastics, but not perfect. And I officially have no a$$ whatsoever. It's sad. I often wear booty panties, especially under tight fitted dresses. I am seriously considering butt implants at the end of this year.

In other news, I turned out to be horrendously allergic to Bio Oil. The burning itching was awful. I'm not just using Lubriderm ans coconut oil. As soon as I'm not in and out of the hot tub all the time I'm going to start silicone tape. I'm not sure how well it will stay with removing panties. etc. multiple times a day though.

Congratulations😍

Congratulations[emoji7]

Congrats!!!! Missing all my girls and guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last summer, I also decided to take the bold step of getting abdominal implants. To do this, I started looking for a clinic. After a long search, I came across the website https://www.drsteinbrech.com/plastic-surgery/abdominal-implantss, which described the results of numerous similar surgeries. Without thinking twice, I made an appointment. Over the next few days, the doctor consulted me on all questions that arose and prepared me for the surgery. In the end, the operation was a success. I was sent home about 5 days after the operation. To speed up the rehabilitation period after abdominoplasty, the doctor insisted on following all his recommendations.

Edited by SilvainStiles