Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

On 12/15/2019 at 10:02, catwoman7 said:

are you still on painkillers? I get horrible headaches from those.

No, have been off of them for 3 days now. I’m thinking of taking a Percoset this afternoon so I can take a really good nap and escape the aches for a little bit

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

The way I feel is surprising to me. I’m not very susceptible to dark moods. I’m generally very even keeled emotionally. But I just feel very blah 😕

Do you get a chance to get outside for some air and sunshine? (preferably in a nature-y place vs. a sidewalk or busy place) It may help diffuse the blahs....

P.S. sending you good vibes and get well thoughts...

Edited by ms.sss

So sorry you’re going through the “blahs” right now.
Im willing to bet it’s a combo of reduced activity and not getting any sun/outdoor time.
Be patient and kind to yourself and I bet you’re back to normally functioning SillyKitty by the end or the month.

Hello@Sillykitty!! Hope you are feeling better! I know you know it's not uncommon to get the blahs post any surgery. It comes in waves but by day 14 you will get less of that ennui effect and start to feel much better!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/14/2019 at 10:48 AM, ms.sss said:

I had a breast reduction almost 15 years ago. I lost sensation immediately on my nipples and was pretty bummed. About 2-3 years later I too started feeling those little twitches of pain, tingling, but mostly ITCHING. This went on, I think, for about a year or so. Then the itching stopped and I could feel them again, just like before the reduction. Soooo its possible you can get the full feeling back years down the road. :)

I had a breast reduction in 2017 with a full nipple graft (where they remove the entire nipple and sew it back on). The only thing I can feel on them is pain if pinched. I had no sensation in them when they were intact before. It's surprising I feel anything now because all the nerves were totally severed (obviously). My left nip sticks out and I'm always trying to push it back in but it won't go. LOL. It annoys me.

I had full-body Lipo in 2009. I never got full sensation back under my arms. It was numb and if touched it felt like pins and needles. Now after the arm lift, I actually have sensation there again (???!!!!??) Very weird. And on my Tummy Tuck, if I touch one part of the incision line, I can feel it halfway up my stomach. The human body is nuts.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:07 AM, sillykitty said:

Checking in. Today is 5 days post op. Just spent my second night in the hotel after three nights in the care center. As @catwoman7 wrote that time in the care center was invaluable. I needed a minimum of two night there, and the third was just a precaution. I would not have been ready to move to a hotel or home straight after surgery.

Yesterday was a breakthrough day as far as pain goes. I have been off any pain meds for over 24 hrs. The pain is very mild, unless I move sharply or sneeze, cough, etc. I am also getting around much easier and significantly less hunched over. My boobs even look slightly less square and weird today. I slept in a regular bed last night, with just a pillow under my knees to prop me up. Best sleep I have gotten. I did take an Ambien, as opposed to my pain meds to sleep. In other breakthroughs, with the help of MOM, I had my first BM. I was nervous about that, as I had a traumatizing first BM after my VSG :(

My surgeon hasn't started me on the inject able blood thinners yet. My drains are a still too bloody. I'm not sad about that really, as I don't know if I can inject myself. (My mom definitely is not capable)

Randomeness, my LBL incision is very numb about 4-5 inches above and below it. My surgeon used Experal for numbing, but that should have worn off by now. I'm not sure if that is just an effect from surgery? It feel similar to being numbed from dental work. In good news, I still have nipple sensation! 😀(Peri aerola incision)

I'm not going to be posting many pics here, with this being a public forum. But if anyone want to see some, you can PM me :)

Thanks again for everyone's well wishes and support.

Do you know if it is common to take blood thinners after plastic surgery? I didn't know that. Is it because you had the LBL? I will have to ask the surgeon I am looking into about that.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Yesterday I woke up feeling really exhausted and weak, so I ended up sleeping for a lot of the days. By the time I woke up in the early evening I felt 100% better. I got another good nights sleep and had my first full day I've felt really well.

Now that it has been mentioned, I think the lack of natural light is a factor in my blahs. The weather is not at all conducive any outdoor time (freezing rain and snow), and the small hotel room window doesn't help.

@2Bsmaller18 I'm not sure how common blood thinners are post ps. It's definitely not universal, as one of my good friends had several procedures and never had any.

Tomorrow is my first day back seeing my surgeon. I should get 3 of my 5 drains removed. I'm barely swollen at all. I think the plethora of drains are to thanks for that. So as annoying as they are, I am grateful for them. I hope I don't swell after their removal. My surgeon is unique in that he doesn't require, or necessarily even encourage compression garments. He feels they restrict blood flow and slow down healing.

My breasts are still high and weird shaped ... ugh!

@sillykitty sounds like you're recovery is progressing well which is great especially given how many different areas were worked on in one surgery. Also great that your pain level seems to be manageable. Here's wishing your boobs look better soon. ;)

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.
Yesterday I woke up feeling really exhausted and weak, so I ended up sleeping for a lot of the days. By the time I woke up in the early evening I felt 100% better. I got another good nights sleep and had my first full day I've felt really well.
Now that it has been mentioned, I think the lack of natural light is a factor in my blahs. The weather is not at all conducive any outdoor time (freezing rain and snow), and the small hotel room window doesn't help.
[mention=349632]2Bsmaller18[/mention] I'm not sure how common blood thinners are post ps. It's definitely not universal, as one of my good friends had several procedures and never had any.
Tomorrow is my first day back seeing my surgeon. I should get 3 of my 5 drains removed. I'm barely swollen at all. I think the plethora of drains are to thanks for that. So as annoying as they are, I am grateful for them. I hope I don't swell after their removal. My surgeon is unique in that he doesn't require, or necessarily even encourage compression garments. He feels they restrict blood flow and slow down healing.
My breasts are still high and weird shaped ... ugh!
Fantastic to hear you are on the up and up!!! Congratulations on what sounds like a great healing process thus far! Looking forward to seeing your results!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

LOL! Well, I have redundant questions I sent, so you can just ignore! :) You look awesome, just saying! So jelly!

Yay!!! Glad you're feeling more yourself!!! ((hugs)) Hang in there and keep fighting to laugh and deep breathe! :D

(Pssssst...I want nekkidy pics of you to see how awesome you look! ;) Just sayin in a non-pervy way!) :D

5 minutes ago, shanza said:

she looks AWESOME, just saying! :) I want HER bod!

IKR? When you said that, I was like, dangit! I wannasee!!!