Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

Checking in .... headed east right now. Surgery is tomorrow! [emoji15]
I think I'm all prepared. I had a bunch of stuff shipped to the hotel. Going to go grocery shopping when we arrive. Tried to get caught up on work as much as possible, as I'm not sure how functional I will be the first few days.
In other news. I mentioned that my mom and I are both squeamish about blood, guts and gore. She found a skilled nursing service we can use if needed. The drain clearing and even more so the blood thinner injections are intimidating for us. So it will be nice to have a fall back option. But I want it to be a last resort because it's not cheap!
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous. I'm not nervous at all. I'm anxious and afraid of the pain. I am worried about how long it will take me to recover and work and travel again. I have a small amount of anxiety about my results (just from reading tons and seeing some bad results!). But that's about it. My mom and bf are FAR more nervous than I am!

So exciting!

Oh my gosh, I miss ONE day and look what happens? Our kitty is having her big day and I totes missed it!

Have a great surgery with zerah pain!!!! ((hugs)) So glad you are very well planned and organized! It should make everything go smoothly!!! Is Boo with Mama? Or did you end up leaving him home to protect him?

Can NOT wait to hear. Love and kisses and major prayers girlie!!!

You SOOOO GOT THIS! Thinking of you!

Give us the scoop, Ms Kitty! Good luck to you!

Wishing you a smooth surgery with wonderful results and a great recovery [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope surgery went well today, and you are resting + recovering as comfortably as possible. Take good care. You are in my thoughts and prayers, meow.

IMG_2327.jpeg

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

My surgeon says the surgery went really well. It took 3.5 to 4 hours.

I pain isn’t bad at all ... as long as I don’t move. I’m not sure it’s it because of the Experal or not. My stomach muscle are extremely sore whenever I use the, which is all the tim 😂. Pain from the breast aug is nearly non existent. Just feels mildly sore

I’m spending tonight and tomorrow in the Care Center. Hopefully the core pain will be diminished by then

Random question
Are you supposed to feel like you need to pee when you have a cathader n? Nurse says it’s draining, but I’m pretty uncomfortable

In other need, my boobs are not as large as i had wanted. I know they need to settle. But still

8 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

My surgeon says the surgery went really well. It took 3.5 to 4 hours.

I pain isn’t bad at all ... as long as I don’t move. I’m not sure it’s it because of the Experal or not. My stomach muscle are extremely sore whenever I use the, which is all the tim 😂. Pain from the breast aug is nearly non existent. Just feels mildly sore

I’m spending tonight and tomorrow in the Care Center. Hopefully the core pain will be diminished by then

Random question
Are you supposed to feel like you need to pee when you have a cathader n? Nurse says it’s draining, but I’m pretty uncomfortable

In other need, my boobs are not as large as i had wanted. I know they need to settle. But still

wow - that was a really quick surgery time for all of that. He must have had an assistant.

and yes - you constantly feel like you have to pee when you have a catheter in you. It's annoying as hell! But be glad you have it- getting in and out of bed is really painful for a few days!!

btw - my LBL was pretty painful. Breast lift wasn't that bad.

@sillykitty i can’t believe it’s done and I’m sure you’re relieved it is. Hold a small pillow to your belly whenever you need to cough, breath, move ... the catheter is a pain, the constant sensation of needing to pee but it’s a blessing right after to not need to get out of bed. I had it after my hysterectomy, after a pelvic surgery, and for what felt like far too long after my gastric bypass surgery...

Rolling over in bed will be hard but I slept in my own bed anyway, you find ways to adapt. Use the side rail of the hospital bed to maneuver yourself. You will probably find it hard to walk upright for awhile afterwards, getting in and out of cars is awkward, but as for pain I think you will be ok.

Regarding your boobs, remember they are squashed by bandages and compression. They need healing before you see true results.

can I tell you something funny? Here I was the most shy about anyone seeing any part of me- (forever ago) I had breast reduction surgery at a clinic in nyc (my doctor was awesome though) it was very early morning after my surgery and I had a whole team of doctors checking out my boobs and how good the doctors work was ... 😂

Edited by Darktowerdream

Yay @sillykitty!!!! Welcome to "Hooterville" on the Flat Belleh Express!!!!!! Wahhhhoooooo! Use that phentanyl like there's no tomorrow!!!

I second the who coughing and tummy pillow! It was my salvation!

So so so so glad things went well! I hope you will be happy with the twins once the swelling resides a bit and you're able to see your new svelte shape!!!! ((hugs)) And do what the docs, nurses, and Mom tell ya!!

Sooooo glad to hear you sailed through surgery and are on the way to recovery!

You know how I said the pain was mild? I take that all back. I just got out of bed for the first time and walked about 10 steps. Holy F*ck that was awful!!

As far as the procedure being fast, I agree. He has an extremely muscular PA that IMO gets the operation done quickly, and gives taunt results

My other consults were for 8 hour surgeries. They’d only do my lower half, LBL, crescent thigh lift, Lipo & BBL

It’s also reassuring that several of the nurses and techs at the Care Center have had their relatives go to my surgeon. And others said they are saving up for surgery w my surgeon themselves