Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

OMG! I am entirely bummed that Dr Peter Fisher is retiring!! **** **** ****!

Maybe he can recommend a collegue. I did have another in mind in FL, can't recall off the top of my head the name right now.

Congrats 🎉. That surgeons work is amazing 🙌🏾👏🏾. I’m going to be looking into a breast lift 1-2 years from now. Just recently had surgery last Wednesday.

Dr Eric Weiss Orange Park, FL

I also looked at Chicago - but not necessarily in the mood for Chicago prices.

51 minutes ago, Healthy_life2 said:

@sillykitty

This is the surgeon I am looking into in Boise. He has package rates and lists the prices. Are his prices comparable to your consults? I have other surgeons for options. He seems to have the most experience.

Package deal #1 After massive weight loss

https://deansorensenmd.com/Procedures/Body/After-Weight-Loss-Surgery-Boise-ID

The cost for a combination surgery to remove skin following a massive weight loss will vary. Certain factors such as the number of procedures performed (abdominoplasty, liposuction, thigh lift, etc.), combined with the number of surgical settings, hospital stay, anesthesia, etc., will play a role in determining the final cost. On average, patients can expect to pay at least $10,000-$15,000 or higher.

Package deal # 2 Mommy Makeover:

https://deansorensenmd.com/Procedures/Body/Mommy-Makeover-Boise-ID

BREAST

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Loss of volume and/or breast tissue, sagging and/or drooping, excess skin (ptosis), breasts that have become too large
  • Surgeries to consider: Breast augmentation with implants, breast lift, breast augmentation with a lift, breast reduction surgery

ABDOMEN

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Excess fat and/or persistent bulge in the abdomen, sagging and loose skin, stretch marks and other unsightly skin irregularities
  • Surgeries to consider: Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction of the abdomen

LOWER BODY

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Sagging skin and excess fat in the buttocks, hips and thighs
  • Surgeries to consider: lower body lift including liposuction and skin tightening of the buttocks, hips and thighs

Mommy makeover procedures will vary in cost depending how many surgeries were combined and how many surgery sessions are needed. At a minimum, if a breast lift with augmentation is performed along with a tummy tuck, the cost could range from $8,500-$17,000

I think this was directed at sillykitty, but I figured I'd respond as well.

if I'm understanding this correctly, those quotes are really low. I was told by other people who've gone through this (i.e., other massive weight loss patients) to expect about $8K-10K per procedure, with the lower bodylift counting as two procedures because they do so much there (extended tummy tuck, butt lift, mons lift). So in other words, around $16K-20K for a lower body lift, and another $8K-10K for a breast lift, and another $8K-$10K for an arm lift, etc. I had three consults, and I found this pretty much rang true. Prices can vary depending on location, experience of surgeon, whether or not they do their surgeries in a hospital or in an ambulatory surgical center, whether or not they have you spend the night, etc - but that range was a pretty good ballpark.

15 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Dr Eric Weiss Orange Park, FL

I also looked at Chicago - but not necessarily in the mood for Chicago prices.

yep - Chicago surgeons - or at least the really well-known ones - featured "big city prices" 😥

I had a telephone consult, to get a ball park figure, for a lower body lift. I am going for an actual consult on Jan 7. The surgeon is a well known surgeon in Newport Beach, CA. He does aprox 4 lower body lifts a week. The person I talked to told me that, just to give me an idea, the cost would be in the mid 30 thousands. Basically, I would have to choose between buying a new car and travel for a few years.... and this procedure. I may have to give up my retirement and go back to work for four years. That would be a huge choice just to look good naked. My lumps and bumps are well hidden with clothing. I have gone for a consult in Mexico already, with a very well known surgeon in Guadalajara. I have seen his work on arms and its amazing. I just have not consulted on lower body lift yet. I will do so in January as well. I just want to choose someone who does this body contouring full time. Some surgeons do about one body lift per month.

It is a lot to think about. If I were young, I would do it. I would take the financial hit and really live life to the fullest. At 62,,,, not so sure.

4 minutes ago, ValerieInMexico said:

I had a telephone consult, to get a ball park figure, for a lower body lift. I am going for an actual consult on Jan 7. The surgeon is a well known surgeon in Newport Beach, CA. He does aprox 4 lower body lifts a week. The person I talked to told me that, just to give me an idea, the cost would be in the mid 30 thousands. Basically, I would have to choose between buying a new car and travel for a few years.... and this procedure. I may have to give up my retirement and go back to work for four years. That would be a huge choice just to look good naked. My lumps and bumps are well hidden with clothing. I have gone for a consult in Mexico already, with a very well known surgeon in Guadalajara. I have seen his work on arms and its amazing. I just have not consulted on lower body lift yet. I will do so in January as well. I just want to choose someone who does this body contouring full time. Some surgeons do about one body lift per month.

It is a lot to think about. If I were young, I would do it. I would take the financial hit and really live life to the fullest. At 62,,,, not so sure.

yea that's pretty high - but it might be what they're charging in California now - plus nationally-known surgeons are always on the high side. I actually did an email consult (so I did four consults, not three as I stated earlier - but three in person) with Dr. Francesco Sauceda in Mexico. He's also very well-known for working with massive weight loss patients and worked at Parkland Hospital in Dallas at one time. Anyway, it's been a couple of years, but I think he was about half of what US surgeons were charging - and that included air fare (which he was going to reimburse me $600 for) plus a few day's stay at a hotel (or maybe it was a recovery house - I can't remember). I was just a little leery about going abroad for surgery, but evidently people do it all the time.

On 8/19/2019 at 5:53 PM, sillykitty said:

I'm starting my plastics journey this week! Creating this thread as a place to gather my thoughts, and gather opinions as well.

My priorities

1&2 - Tummy & Boobs

3 - Thighs

4&5 - Butt & Arms

Specifics for each area

Tummy - low & thin scar, natural looking belly button, and lipo/conturing to narrow my waist as much as possible

Boobs - augmentation & lift, VERY important that my boobs look natural, thinking D cup with tear drop Gummy bear implants

Thighs - do not want a full thigh lift with long scars, so only a crescent lift, or as part of a lower body lift

Butt - either a fat transfer (BBL) or buttock lift with a dermal fat flap as part of a lower body lift

Arms - do not want a full arm lift with long scars, so only a crescent lift

I reached out for consultations with 5 surgeons who specialize, or do a fair amount of surgeries on massive weight loss patients. I have #1 & #2 choices, and have consultations scheduled with both on Friday 😁 Interestingly neither of my top choices charge a consultation fee, but the three others do. I am seriously considering canceling my other consultations to see #1 & 2 first, before I invest up to $750 on consultation fees.

Anyone have opinions if I should just see #1 & #2 first, or is it worth the investment in consultation fees to have more surgeons quotes?

My #1 surgeon does lots of lower body lifts. I hadn't originally considered this because I'd rather not have the circumferential scar. But his results are amazing, and at least in the posted photos the scars are very thin. It may also be the only way I can get most of my wish list accomplished in one surgery. I have seen where he has done a lower body lift & a breast lift & augmentation in one surgery. That would only leave arms to tackle at some point later, if I still wanted them fixed.

Here's an example of the work of my #1 surgeon

1192736223_ScreenShot08-19-19at02_49PM.png.dd817879d9bbf86a901787be7f1b80f5.png

Where the **** have i been !?!?

How did i miss this thread....

Following 💜

5 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

@sillykitty

This is the surgeon I am looking into in Boise. He has package rates and lists the prices. Are his prices comparable to your consults? I have other surgeons for options. He seems to have the most experience.

Package deal #1 After massive weight loss

https://deansorensenmd.com/Procedures/Body/After-Weight-Loss-Surgery-Boise-ID

The cost for a combination surgery to remove skin following a massive weight loss will vary. Certain factors such as the number of procedures performed (abdominoplasty, liposuction, thigh lift, etc.), combined with the number of surgical settings, hospital stay, anesthesia, etc., will play a role in determining the final cost. On average, patients can expect to pay at least $10,000-$15,000 or higher.

Package deal # 2 Mommy Makeover:

https://deansorensenmd.com/Procedures/Body/Mommy-Makeover-Boise-ID

BREAST

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Loss of volume and/or breast tissue, sagging and/or drooping, excess skin (ptosis), breasts that have become too large
  • Surgeries to consider: Breast augmentation with implants, breast lift, breast augmentation with a lift, breast reduction surgery

ABDOMEN

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Excess fat and/or persistent bulge in the abdomen, sagging and loose skin, stretch marks and other unsightly skin irregularities
  • Surgeries to consider: Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction of the abdomen

LOWER BODY

• Conditions caused by pregnancy: Sagging skin and excess fat in the buttocks, hips and thighs
  • Surgeries to consider: lower body lift including liposuction and skin tightening of the buttocks, hips and thighs

Mommy makeover procedures will vary in cost depending how many surgeries were combined and how many surgery sessions are needed. At a minimum, if a breast lift with augmentation is performed along with a tummy tuck, the cost could range from $8,500-$17,000

I'll be digging into his before and afters @Healthy_life2!

His pricing looks to be pretty affordable. It's hard to tell on what they consider a procedure, would it be $10-$15K and it includes everything listed? So a total of $20K - $30K. If so that would be quite the deal!

Upper body (Liposuction, breast lift, tummy tuck, arm lift)

Lower body (Liposuction, butt lift, thigh lift, lower body lift)

One thing that seems unusual is the tummy tuck is included with the upper body lift, instead of lower body lift. I'm not sure what to think about that one.

5 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I think this was directed at sillykitty, but I figured I'd respond as well.

if I'm understanding this correctly, those quotes are really low. I was told by other people who've gone through this (i.e., other massive weight loss patients) to expect about $8K-10K per procedure, with the lower bodylift counting as two procedures because they do so much there (extended Tummy Tuck, butt lift, mons lift). So in other words, around $16K-20K for a lower body lift, and another $8K-10K for a breast lift, and another $8K-$10K for an arm lift, etc. I had three consults, and I found this pretty much rang true. Prices can vary depending on location, experience of surgeon, whether or not they do their surgeries in a hospital or in an ambulatory surgical center, whether or not they have you spend the night, etc - but that range was a pretty good ballpark.

Similar breakouts

Mine were like this

Surgery #1

LBL (incl circumferential tummy tuck, Lipo, monsplasty, front & outer thigh lift) - $$$$$

Butt Augmentation - $$$

Inner thigh lift - $$$

Pain pump - $

Compression garments - $

Surgery Center - $$

Anesthesia - $$

Suction Vac - $$

Surgery #2

Breast Lift & Augmentation - $$S

Implant - $$

Pain pump - $

Compression garments - $

Surgery Center - $$

Anesthesia - $$

Suction Vac - $$

The quote from the second surgeon included 2 nights in a recovery center post LBL as well.

Thanks for all the insights everyone!

I'm really glad I went to the two local, free consults. I have a much better idea of what procedures I want and don't want now.

Thanks for all the out of state recommendations. I'll go digging around the pics and reviews for all of them!

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks for all the insights everyone!

I'm really glad I went to the two local, free consults. I have a much better idea of what procedures I want and don't want now.

Thanks for all the out of state recommendations. I'll go digging around the pics and reviews for all of them!

One of the reasons Dr. Zachary was my most expensive consult (other than he's very well-known in the subspecialty) is that he'll only do his surgeries in a hospital, and he has you spend the night at the hospital, too. Both of those things add to the cost, but to me, it was worth it. Especially spending the night. I live two hours away from Chicago, so we had a hotel room for the weekend ( I had my two surgeries on Friday mornings), but there was pretty much no way I would be in any shape to go back to the hotel right after the surgery. I felt about 100 times better 24 hours later, so I was OK going back, even though it was kind of a rough weekend. But I can't imagine going back right after surgery - i really needed that first night in the hospital. My first consult did his surgeries in a surgical center and has the patients spend one night there - with a nurse on duty - which would have been acceptable (I'd prefer a hospital, but I would have been OK with staying at a surgical center). But consult #2, who also used a surgical center, sent you back to your hotel a couple hours after surgery. No way could I have done that. Especially after the LBL.

It is correct that Dr. Peter Fisher is retiring December 2020 and is solidly booked already. However he is looking for a candidate to teach his techniques to, and if he finds interest he will then stay in practice to do that and make new bookings. If that happens it will be posted on the website. (I told him we were crying over this.)

On this forum topic a member had great results from Dr. Cardenas in Mexico.

https://www.beauty-enhance.com/

35 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

It is correct that Dr. Peter Fisher is retiring December 2020 and is solidly booked already. However he is looking for a candidate to teach his techniques to, and if he finds interest he will then stay in practice to do that and make new bookings. If that happens it will be posted on the website. (I told him we were crying over this.)

On this forum topic a member had great results from Dr. Cardenas in Mexico.

https://www.beauty-enhance.com/

yes - I've heard wonderful things about both Dr. Cardenas and Dr. Sauceda (both in Mexico, so prices are lower as well)