Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this NORMAL

Well I finally have my surgery date set for Sept 9. Been a tough 6 months (had to wait for insurance approval), but I made it.,

I am on vacation this week and I find myself taking that one last "fling" as far as eating and drinking goes. I'm back to all of my old ways and feeling very guilty about it but I just cant seem to stop. All my old BAD eating habits are back and it happened just like that.

Is this normal? I feel that what the heck. Im having the surgery and if anything will get me back on track, that will.,

Anyone else had similar experience???

Lots of us had "food funerals" right before we started the pre-op diet. It's a type of mourning, I think. Even though people have told you that you'll eventually be eating normal foods again, it will be a while. I don't think people who had these funerals did any worse long-term than anyone else.

On 08/19/2019 at 07:26, Orchids&Dragons said:

Lots of us had "food funerals" right before we started the pre-op diet. It's a type of mourning, I think. Even though people have told you that you'll eventually be eating normal foods again, it will be a while. I don't think people who had these funerals did any worse long-term than anyone else.

Agree with this!

I've seen several here who have had "food funerals" so I think it's normal. I was too scared and wanted to start changes in advance, so I was already following the post-op program even before surgery.

Well I finally have my surgery date set for Sept 9. Been a tough 6 months (had to wait for insurance approval), but I made it.,
I am on vacation this week and I find myself taking that one last "fling" as far as eating and drinking goes. I'm back to all of my old ways and feeling very guilty about it but I just cant seem to stop. All my old BAD eating habits are back and it happened just like that.
Is this normal? I feel that what the heck. Im having the surgery and if anything will get me back on track, that will.,
Anyone else had similar experience???

I had multiple food funerals before my surgery 3 days ago. I was on 2 7 days vacations right before my surgery. 1 was a cruise and you can imagine how that went. The other was in an all inclusive resort. Needless to say, I was in food heaven. I should regret it (and maybe I felt guilty sometimes) but it has not affected me as bad as I thought it would!

Good luck, relax and as long as you listen to successful people and your program, you should be fine.[emoji169][emoji169][emoji169][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

So my docter said he didnt think the 6month diet was helpful with getting the surgery done. So the 2 weeks before surgery i ate what ever fat, fried, sugar, carbs you name it id go to cheese cake factory for cheeese cake then go get a California roll and carls junior onion rings with ranch and a chipotle burrito it all sounds so amazing.i was telling so many foods bye i wont see u in a very long time maybe never. Morning my precious life going down the drain for a healthier lifestyle. Then followed the 2days before surgery liquid diet . After surgery in my first 7 days i lost 16 pounds it was crazy so i was very happy i enjoyed myself before hand i believe it helped me lose alittle more in the beginning of my journey!!

So my docter said he didnt think the 6month diet was helpful with getting the surgery done. So the 2 weeks before surgery i ate what ever fat, fried, sugar, carbs you name it id go to cheese cake factory for cheeese cake then go get a California roll and carls junior onion rings with ranch and a chipotle burrito it all sounds so amazing.i was telling so many foods bye i wont see u in a very long time maybe never. Morning my precious life going down the drain for a healthier lifestyle. Then followed the 2days before surgery liquid diet . After surgery in my first 7 days i lost 16 pounds it was crazy so i was very happy i enjoyed myself before hand i believe it helped me lose alittle more in the beginning of my journey!!

I actually agree with your logic though as it's been emphasized by everyone that every body is different. My fear was that I would do preop diet and go straight into a stall post op![emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

And my pre- surgery unfounded worry? The anesthesiologist would put me to sleep, my surgeon would change His Mind and I would wake up unoperated upon and crying my eyes💦out! Did Not happen that way- as I reflect at nearly a Year Out, why was I THAT distrustful? Why did I have such a Poor Opinion of myself that I thought I wouldn't deserve Something So Wonderful to happen? Perhaps we all have Emotional Baggage and that was the last piece on the airport Carousel. Glad I didn't reclaim IT, may it ride in circles through Infinity!

OMG...……..I feel exactly the same way. Been prepping for 6months(insurance waiting period)and my Surgery date is Sept 9

and I am CONVINVCED that something will go wrong and the surgeon wont do it. I guess my insecurities are really showing their ugly colors.

Fingers crossed

I've never heard the term "food funeral" before but that's exactly what I'm doing. Seems normal to me but really what is normal for each person's weight loss journey. I have two days until I begin the pre-op diet. In a way, I can't wait to begin this journey. And I'm so glad I found this forum. Know that I appreciate all who share personal information to help others.

I definitely had multiple food funerals during my two-week pre-op "diet" period. I don't regret it whatsoever. I got in all those last "flavors" of foods I mentally committed myself to not having again. I feel like I've been very successful thus far (granted, it hasn't been a full year yet), and I haven't cheated once or really had very many cravings.

You are totally normal. I definitely had several “food funerals” before mine! Lol

I had my "last supper" like I was on death row before starting my pre-op diet -LOL. Quite the pig-out I must say!