Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m at the point now where I’m looking at skin removal. I started at 285 I’m down to 160 and have a lot of extra skin on my stomach. It’s been a confidence low point for me, especially being a single woman. I feel like people don’t know what they are getting into with me and definitely don’t feel comfortable with the extra skin. Anyone else have skin surgery? What can I expect? What’s the cost like?

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

3 hours ago, katibugg said:

I’m at the point now where I’m looking at skin removal. I started at 285 I’m down to 160 and have a lot of extra skin on my stomach. It’s been a confidence low point for me, especially being a single woman. I feel like people don’t know what they are getting into with me and definitely don’t feel comfortable with the extra skin. Anyone else have skin surgery? What can I expect? What’s the cost like?

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

By the way, you look beautiful. Amazing results with your weight loss.

I’m also in the research phase for plastics.

I found a website called realself. You can research procedures, see before and after’s and find surgeons in your area. Price will depend on surgeon and type of procedure(s) you choose.

https://www.realself.com/

Best of luck to you,

Jenn

I've had it (lower body lift, breast lift, arm lift). It's painful and the recovery can be long, but you muddle through it and it's worth it in the end. My new body looks great and I'd do it again!

I was told when I started thinking about this to expect about $8000-$10,000 per procedure, with the lower body lift counting as two procedures (since they're doing so much there - front & back). I had three consults, and I found that rule-of-thumb to ring true. So with all my procedures, around $40,000. Of course, that depends on your surgeon and your location (and some more minor things - like if you have it done in a hospital vs. ambulatory surgery center, whether or not you spend the night, etc - although those latter things only make a difference of a few hundred dollars)...but at least that gives you a good ballpark.

you can also look at surgeons in Mexico. As you would with surgeons here, research, research, research. There are some good ones and some not so good ones. Prices there will be quite a bit cheaper - maybe half of what they are in the US.

P.S. I agree with the poster who suggested looking at realself. I spent a lot of time looking at that and also researching some surgeons people had talked about here on BP. I came up with a short list of about 10 people, then I narrowed it down to three to do consults with. I would recommend doing more than one consult because some surgeons will have very different ideas about what to do than others will. I found the consults really interesting and educational. Most surgeons now seem to charge a nominal fee for consults - like around $100 or so - but they'll apply that to your surgery if you go with them. It's worth it, even if you pay consult fees to some surgeons you end up not going with.