Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2019 Check In

I had RNY (gastric bypass) surgery 8/7/19. I’m down 34 pounds so far. Been stalled the last few days but struggling to increase my Protein. It’s harder than I thought it would be but I’m learning to go for higher protein foods.
Sw 274
Cw 240

Hi August friends!
I was sleeved 8/5 and have been doing so much better! Been getting down liquids with no problems and eating good too. As of today I've lost 45 lbs. The only thing is, I've hit an almost 3 week stall. I cant seem to lose weight no matter what I do. How many calories is everyone eating? I track all my meals and at first I was eating around 900 - 1000 calories a day with 80 -90 grams of Protein but since i hit a stall I cut my intake to about 600 calories a day. I've been eating very clean, sticking to tuna, chicken breast, skim milk, and haven't cheated or had anything I'm not suppose to. Even with the decrease in calories I'm still not losing weight. I know this is part of the journey and my body is probably in shock mode because i lost so much weight so fast but its just frustrating.
Lol anyways, I hope everyone is doing great, especially mentally. Its crazy how much this surgery changes things. I use to think about food all the time and feel hungry 24/7 and now it doesn't consume my life. Its just nutrition I need to live. My self care has definitely improved because of this!
Hey MarvelGirl25!! So proud of your weight loss!!!! I've not lost that much and also at a stall[emoji19]
I'm trying not to think about the scale and staying focused on the plan...marathon not sprint!
I'm typically at 500 to 600 cals per day with less than 20g net carbs and 70 to 80 grams protein. 15K steps daily!! So the stall can mess with one's head! So stay in the game, we've seen this time and time again. Body will get over shock soon and start moving as it has no choice! We are at severe caloric deficit.

So let's power through the stall and be proud of how we handle it as in the past, this is when I'd start cheating and now, nothing could be further from my mind! We are in it to win/lose it!!![emoji38][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Hey MarvelGirl25!! So proud of your weight loss!!!! I've not lost that much and also at a stall
I'm trying not to think about the scale and staying focused on the plan...marathon not sprint!
I'm typically at 500 to 600 cals per day with less than 20g net carbs and 70 to 80 grams Protein. 15K steps daily!! So the stall can mess with one's head! So stay in the game, we've seen this time and time again. Body will get over shock soon and start moving as it has no choice! We are at severe caloric deficit.

So let's power through the stall and be proud of how we handle it as in the past, this is when I'd start cheating and now, nothing could be further from my mind! We are in it to win/lose it!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks, m proud of you too! We are really doing it! You're right though, the body has no choice but to move once the shock phase is over. Im going to try not to think about it and just keep doing what Im doing. Im glad you havent cheated! My mind is far from wanting to cheat too. We didnt do this surgery for nothing :)

On 9/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, mmartinez213 said:

I wouldn’t recommend fairlife Protein, has anyone tried Premier Protein? 30 grams of Protein 120 calories, 2 grams of sugar I believe 7- grams of carb

I use premier and muscle milk. Premier tastes pretty good, not a fan of their Cookies and cream flavor and all the other flavors beyond chocolate and vanilla are tasting really sweet to me lately so I haven't been drinking them. I like the muscle milk coffee house brand because it has caffeine. I'm an ER nurse on night shift so I drink that on nights I work to keep me awake. My doc is ok with caffeine in moderation.

Premier came out with a pumpkin flavored Protein. I ordered it off of Amazon, hopefully it tastes good. I've had some of the six star protein items as well, and they are "ok". I feel like they have a stronger aftertaste than others. Any other brands (premade is best, however I am willing to try a mix!) worth giving a shot? I am still relying on protein supplements to even get close to my daily goals.

2 hours ago, Azlanie said:

Premier came out with a pumpkin flavored Protein. I ordered it off of Amazon, hopefully it tastes good. I've had some of the six star Protein items as well, and they are "ok". I feel like they have a stronger aftertaste than others. Any other brands (premade is best, however I am willing to try a mix!) worth giving a shot? I am still relying on protein supplements to even get close to my daily goals.

What kind of protein supplements do you take?

4 hours ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

What kind of Protein supplements do you take?

I use unflavored Isopure in many of my recipes (puddings, yogurts, Soups, even meatloaf etc) to give myself an additional protein boost where I can. For the most part I am drinking premier and six star protein as mentioned above - in the premade, single serve shakes. I am looking to spice it up a bit since I am starting to get bored with the flavors I have had so far.

Edited by Azlanie

45 minutes ago, Azlanie said:

I use unflavored Isopure in many of my recipes (puddings, yogurts, Soups, even meatloaf etc) to give myself an additional Protein boost where I can. For the most part I am drinking premier and six star protein as mentioned above - in the premade, single serve shakes. I am looking to spice it up a bit since I am starting to get bored with the flavors I have had so far.

Thanks! Ive tried almost every premade Protein Shake and I find them all intolerable. I might have to try the unflavored powder soon. Im thinking with milk and strawberries.

On 10/02/2019 at 05:21, Azlanie said:

Premier came out with a pumpkin flavored Protein. I ordered it off of Amazon, hopefully it tastes good. I've had some of the six star Protein items as well, and they are "ok". I feel like they have a stronger aftertaste than others. Any other brands (premade is best, however I am willing to try a mix!) worth giving a shot? I am still relying on protein supplements to even get close to my daily goals.

Have you tried it yet? I love anything pumpkin haha

Hi everyone..

I'm new to the forum.. I had my surgery on 8/3. Struggled with food cravings since!

So far I've dropped around 40 lb but the progress has been very slow for the last month.

I don't know if it's my Water intake or if I have to workout more. Problem is I have a desk job and I'm always sitting. I try my best to move a lot and walk for an hour every day.

The only struggle for me is that I really crave potato chips and desserts! Any suggestions how I can get over them cravings!!?