Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hang tough and keep coming back here for the encouragement you need to persever through all this nonsense (and nonsense it is). My husband reminds me (frequently) that sometimes I: Pole vault over mouse turds. I have little patience (born without that gene!) and think up problems and make them large before they happen.

So, take a deep breath. Find a happy place in your mind. And don't give this problem or these people "Free rent in your head".

Yeah wow! You’re even getting it done before me! Good luck!

Hello:

I really hope everything comes together for you. It is a very frustrating process. I’m at the last stage of the process of the “home” sleep study and follow up appointment. I have called my Bariatric doctor’s office for 2 days and still didn’t receive a call back. They, too, just had a change within their staff. I just hope that everything the “temporary person” (who managed everything for 6 months) gave me the correct information and did not lose everything too. Good luck and blessings to you.

I’m going through a trying time as well. Last Wednesday I received some very troubling news, financial in nature. It may take all my savings for my surgery to remedy the issue. I’m self pay, and my surgery is scheduled for 10/1 so this is especially distressing. I have already purchased my airfare. I’m not sure how I feel at this time. Oh well, it is what’s, it is. Well, at least that is what I try to live by.

One day at a time. Please take good care and keep us posted. You’ll never know what tomorrow will bring and it may be better than you could ever think or imagine!

On 8/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, ahillig said:

Thanks all! I got the call at the end of last week that I was APPROVED! Surgery is scheduled for the 28th but I now have a small cold that I hope doesn't derail things :(

Congratulations!!! Let us know how you are doing??!

3 minutes ago, Panda333 said:

Congratulations!!! Let us know how you are doing??!

I'm doing very well! Back to work and regular life. Honestly, this surgery was way easier than my gallbladder. I almost feel guilty.

9 minutes ago, ahillig said:

I'm doing very well! Back to work and regular life. Honestly, this surgery was way easier than my gallbladder. I almost feel guilty.

You had surgery August 28th and back at work???

1 minute ago, HipHopDiva said:

You had surgery August 28th and back at work???

Slowly...Mostly sitting tasks. I tend to bounce back really quickly. After my knee surgery I was off crutches in less than 24 hours and driving in 3, and I had surgery on my right knee.

6 minutes ago, ahillig said:

Slowly...Mostly sitting tasks. I tend to bounce back really quickly. After my knee surgery I was off crutches in less than 24 hours and driving in 3, and I had surgery on my right knee.

Wow, good for you! You certainly do recovery quickly!! I had surgery August 27th and still trying to get adjusted to what's giving me gas/gas pain in my chest, waiting for my incision to heal and be able to walk a block without feeling weak. I ride a bus downtown to work, walk 3 blocks to my job and work 10 hour days. I would not make it going back before my follow-up appointment with surgeon. I definitely need to be on at least soft foods for a little more energy to get through the day for the ride home : (