Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow it's starting to get real..

Not too long now until surgery day..

Still got a few things to deal with first but it's got me a little anxious I need to start making changes soon to my diet and cut out the sugar and energy drinks soon

Still got about 10 weeks to go but feels closer every day.

I'm very well prepared stocked up on Protein powders and tuna cans :) also got myself an exercise bike ;)

Got a few appointments lined up before surgery :)

can't believe how real its feeling now and I just hope everything goes smoothly and time flies by for me so then I can begin my new life; lose weight get healthy again :)

I'm so glad there's tons of people on this site going through the same process!!

thank you all for your support!

Good luck @Mikeyy you are better prepared than most! You got this!

Can't wait for your day to come, @Mikeyy!! Thanks for your responses. Sounds like you have a lot of things in place.

You may already be following this other thread/topic, but for anyone who is not whether they are pre-op, post-op, etc. I highly recommend FluffyChix's "Doing the Headwork" topic.

I've joined a few FB groups and learned a lot more. Am searching for a new therapist that has experience with clients who have had WLS. I had one who was wonderful but he is ill & no longer practicing), but I know I need someone to still work with as I have decades of learned behavior, habits, and bad coping skills that food was centered around or it came into play at some point.

I'd like to find someone who specializes not only in WLS clients but also in grief support.

Time will FLY! I promise!!! You got this!!! It's so worth it :)

Time really does fly by those last couple months. One thing to keep in mind though is that your taste will probably change and what you like now may be yucky after. I did the Protein Shakes fine before but now at 3 weeks post op it's like torture to swallow them lol.

Keep up the excitement :)

So have you finally seen a surgeon, decided what surgery and set a date?

Yes few weeks ago finally seen the actual surgeon. Agreed with me on RNY; just asked a few things of me before surgery date including a long pre op diet and a dietitian appointment as he prefers his patients to have the best preparation possible for the surgery and the post surgery restrictions that will come...(as well as lose some weight to help with liver)

Tentative date 28 th October provided everything goes to plan :)

dealing with my GP Dr trying to coordinate things before surgery day!

Fingers crossed!! my goal was to have this surgery before Xmas :D

2 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Yes few weeks ago finally seen the actual surgeon. Agreed with me on RNY; just asked a few things of me before surgery date including a long pre op diet and a dietitian appointment as he prefers his patients to have the best preparation possible for the surgery and the post surgery restrictions that will come...(as well as lose some weight to help with liver)

Tentative date 28 th October provided everything goes to plan :)

dealing with my GP Dr trying to coordinate things before surgery day!

Fingers crossed!! my goal was to have this surgery before Xmas :D

Mikeyy, I'm totes confused dude. You've been posting like an authority on low carb. Please tell me why I'm shocked to learn you are still "on" sugar and "energy drinks"? Is that normally part of your RD's pre-op plan? I'd be nervous too! No way do I want to detox from those bears WHILE trying to comply with a 2 week pre-op liver shrinking liquid diet, nor would I want to do that during my immediate post-surgery days. It's like coming off of crack cocaine.

Just wondering...

9 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

Wow it's starting to get real..

Not too long now until surgery day..

Still got a few things to deal with first but it's got me a little anxious I need to start making changes soon to my diet and cut out the sugar and energy drinks soon

Still got about 10 weeks to go but feels closer every day.