Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trader Joe’s favorites!

I was on WW for years & learned so many wonderful finds at Trader Joe’s. What are some of your favorites after WLS?

I've never been to a Trader Joe's but there's one a few miles from where I live. What should I get there?

On 08/12/2019 at 15:45, GradyCat said:

I've never been to a Trader Joe's but there's one a few miles from where I live. What should I get there?

They are wonderful! Healthy , quality food with reasonable prices. I knew what to get for WW there but don’t know about WLS food

35 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I love the produce and spices!

I posted this list a while back ago:

They have tons of hummus and an eggplant dip that is basically baba ghanoush, (and is low cal)

Their Kettle Cooked chicken Soup tastes homemade, but has significant chunks of chicken in it. It's in the refridgerated section near the premade wraps, fresh Pasta etc. Check the date, it's always super short coded near me :(

Their Plain Greek Yogurt 0% Fat, in a 32 oz container (blue) is really high Protein. Downside it tastes really really yogurt-y. They have individual size flavored yogurts that are similar to Oikos triple zero

I like their Soy Ginger Cod in the frozen section & their Argentinian Red Shrimp

Love their Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup, in an aseptic box. Other Soups in that area are good too, like Chicken and Wild Rice and Split Pea (Miso in the box is terrible). Lots of people love the butternut squash, but I find it a little sweet.

For a sweet treat, their Latte Bars are only 40 cals, in the ice cream section.

Frozen Gyoza, chicken and pork aren't too bad calorie wise, and hit the spot for an asian craving. Chicken Cilantro mini wontons are also delicious (doesn't really taste like cilantro though)

Frozen meal of Fish Korma and Chicken Tikka are at or near restaurant quality. Not bad if you don't eat the rice.

Their Traditional Marinara sauce is the lowest cal I've seen, tastes great.

Turkey Meatballs are good. (Frozen)

Egg white Protein Powder is a good flavorless mix in, but doesn't blend great

Green Godness Salad Dressing in the refrigerated section near the bagged salad is good

Precooked steamed beets are good. (near salad mixes)

Jarred pickled beets are good (might be seasonal)

They have interesting, well priced season grinders or shakers with the spices to jazz up our sometime unexciting food

Mahi Burgers and Lime Chili Chicken burgers. low cal and high protein, good to eat on their own.

That have lots of varieties of chicken & turkey sausage

On 08/12/2019 at 17:37, sillykitty said:

I posted this list a while back ago:

They have tons of hummus and an eggplant dip that is basically baba ghanoush, (and is low cal)

Their Kettle Cooked chicken Soup tastes homemade, but has significant chunks of chicken in it. It's in the refridgerated section near the premade wraps, fresh Pasta etc. Check the date, it's always super short coded near me :(

Their Plain Greek Yogurt 0% Fat, in a 32 oz container (blue) is really high Protein. Downside it tastes really really yogurt-y. They have individual size flavored yogurts that are similar to Oikos triple zero

I like their Soy Ginger Cod in the frozen section & their Argentinian Red Shrimp

Love their Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup, in an aseptic box. Other Soups in that area are good too, like Chicken and Wild Rice and Split Pea (Miso in the box is terrible). Lots of people love the butternut squash, but I find it a little sweet.

For a sweet treat, their Latte Bars are only 40 cals, in the ice cream section.

Frozen Gyoza, chicken and pork aren't too bad calorie wise, and hit the spot for an asian craving. Chicken Cilantro mini wontons are also delicious (doesn't really taste like cilantro though)

Frozen meal of Fish Korma and Chicken Tikka are at or near restaurant quality. Not bad if you don't eat the rice.

Their Traditional Marinara sauce is the lowest cal I've seen, tastes great.

Turkey Meatballs are good. (Frozen)

Egg white Protein Powder is a good flavorless mix in, but doesn't blend great

Green Godness Salad Dressing in the refrigerated section near the bagged salad is good

Precooked steamed beets are good. (near salad mixes)

Jarred pickled beets are good (might be seasonal)

They have interesting, well priced season grinders or shakers with the spices to jazz up our sometime unexciting food

Mahi Burgers and Lime Chili Chicken burgers. low cal and high Protein, good to eat on their own.

That have lots of varieties of chicken & turkey sausage

Sillykitty ty so much for the heads up!!!! I’ll be checking your suggestions!