Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrating weight loss

So I’ve lost 6 1/2 pounds since July 2. I am following all of the post operative diet instructions and Water intake. I am getting in steps and not doing any heavy weightlifting. I started at 218 pounds on the day of surgery and I’m only at 189. pounds 14 weeks later. I know people are going to say that’s great that’s great and I know it is. But considering I haven’t lost more than 6 1/2 pounds in over a month, it’s very frustrating.

I’m considering just having a couple Liquid Protein days to see if that helps boost any weight loss.

😢

I hear ya! I've tried everything to break the stall and slow weight loss. I tried liquid-only and fewer calories, but that didn't work. But I did have some success on adding more calories, up to 1200 and that showed me some weight loss.

Search 3 week stall that can happen between weeks 2-6. It's a thing. You're doing great. Hang in there.

Just don’t restrict your calories even more and make sure you are getting in your Water. The stall will break.

10 hours ago, 2019CD said:

So I’ve lost 6 1/2 pounds since July 2. I am following all of the post operative diet instructions and Water intake. I am getting in steps and not doing any heavy weightlifting. I started at 218 pounds on the day of surgery and I’m only at 189. pounds 14 weeks later. I know people are going to say that’s great that’s great and I know it is. But considering I haven’t lost more than 6 1/2 pounds in over a month, it’s very frustrating.

I’m considering just having a couple Liquid Protein days to see if that helps boost any weight loss.

😢

I lost about the same rate you are currently, it really felt slow and yes it was frustrating. I had surgery on 8/13/18 at 204 pounds, on 10/8/18 I weighed 186.6 . If I did my math right that’s about 14 weeks? (I’m horrible at math lol)

I personally think adding calories is crazy, I just stuck with it and tightened up my diet and exercise. Journal down everything you eat, I kept under 800 calories, avoided processed food and drank a ton of Water. I didn’t get serious about exercise until I was about 6 months in because I really started slowing down, then I kicked it up a gear the weight continued to come off again. I never lost quickly and a 2 pound week was huge for me.

I got to goal (I’m currently 130) last month, I had to fight for every pound it wasn’t easy, but it has been worth it. I don’t take it for granted.

You got this.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me it has made me feel so much better to know there’s somebody who started with similar stats and achieved a fantastic goal. It gives me hope. I am drinking between 64 and 80 ounces of Water a day. I stay typically under 800 calories but sometimes I go up to 1000. I don’t do a lot of processed food unless it’s the occasional beef Jerky or dried cheese Snacks. I limit the Protein Bars because there’s so many carbs in them. I really eat just a lot of Protein and now I’m incorporating more vegetables to get my Iron up. I’m not working out a lot either because I’m afraid building too much muscle right now at this stage will prevent my weight loss. But like you at 6 months I’ll probably go at it much more. Xoxo

Search 3 week stall that can happen between weeks 2-6. It's a thing. You're doing great. Hang in there.
I didnt know you could stall so soon after surgery. I have been up .5 & down .5 this week & im 19 days post op. Was thinking it due to diet change (eating fish now). Glad to know it's a known thing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app