Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi
I have just had by Gastric Bypass 2 days ago, I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. I have noticed that I have a lot of pain in my legs mostly my thighs , I of course expected pain in my stomach but the leg pain is so bad that I feel like I can’t get out of bed. It feels much better when I walk which I am doing every 20 minutes or so, It does feel muscular and wondered if anyone else experienced this?

I had the sleeve in April and was super nauseous for three days, but never had any pain in my legs. I would also keep walking as you already do and if it doesn’t get better within a few days, maybe get it checked out!

Keep us updated and all the best with your recovery!

2 hours ago, MinnieSD said:

Hi
I have just had by Gastric Bypass 2 days ago, I was discharged from the hospital yesterday. I have noticed that I have a lot of pain in my legs mostly my thighs , I of course expected pain in my stomach but the leg pain is so bad that I feel like I can’t get out of bed. It feels much better when I walk which I am doing every 20 minutes or so, It does feel muscular and wondered if anyone else experienced this?

Contact your Surgeon/Team immediately. It's the weekend but usually most places have oncall lines to leave urgent messages.

Edited by GreenTealael

You might need a doppler to see if you might have developed a blood clot. I would let your surgeon know immediately. It could also be electrolyte imbalance, but they will always want to play it safe rather than sorry. I developed phlebitis in one of my leg veins after RNY. Doc sent me for a doppler and turned out I had 3 blood clots with none of the usual symptoms!!!!

Thank you, the pain has subsided, it feels now like it’s actually coming from my hips. I have been walking about much more today which has also helped, I will see how I feel in the morning and if no better will be going back to the hospital.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, MinnieSD said:

Thank you, the pain has subsided, it feels now like it’s actually coming from my hips. I have been walking about much more today which has also helped, I will see how I feel in the morning and if no better will be going back to the hospital.

How are you doing? Did your pain resolve on its own? I had my sleeve 2 days ago and woke up this morning with severe hip pain on both sides. I could barely stand! My stomach pain is almost nonexistent however. I was not expecting this hip pain and am not sure if I should give it time, or call my doctor today.

Yes mine did subside, it was excruciating pain and yes exactly the same I did t feel any pains in my stomach at that time. Apparently it comes from how you are pulled about during surgery. Don’t worry it will go, mine lasted about 3-4 days

hope you’re feeling better now

Bypass yesterday and the left sided pain is excruciating. Doc says it due the the added muscles he had to go through. Sure hope it eases up soon as it’s scaring me. Nothing near this bad after VSG in 2014.