Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 08/18/2019 at 09:20, KishaG said:

Not gonna lie, I barely made it through bowel prep yesterday, that stuff is even nastier coming up than it was down LOL It did made first days of liquids easier though. I can't believe that by this time tomorrow I will all done. Wow Just wow! I'm at 7:30 tomorrow GL Yall!

Thank you! Hope we can all get some good sleep tonight!!

On 08/18/2019 at 17:50, Ilianamarie30 said:

Congrats and good luck on your surgery and post op healing!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you Marie!

On 08/18/2019 at 06:23, Goldn02Grl said:

Good luck tomorrow!! I was good the day before..I meditated before going in and things went well!

Thanks Goldn, been trying to stay busy most of today, keep my mind occupied! But meditation sounds like a great idea for tomorrow morning!

On 08/18/2019 at 06:35, Chiptress said:

Tomorrow is the big day & I feel ready & excited. Things have begun to change within me since I began this journey. Slowly I’ve started to regain some of my lost self esteem. Committing to the surgery alone ... making a commitment to myself has brought back in me a sense of self love which has been missing from my life for several years.

I’m very reflective this morning because I know I’m embarking on a new life. One that I’m excited about . Best of luck to all my surgery twins! We’ve got this!!!!

It’s been overall an amazing journey, finding out who I am again! I wouldn’t change anything about it, it’s made me mentally so much stronger, and help me see who I can really depend on and trust, also who I need to distance myself from! Thank you!

On 08/09/2019 at 15:19, GradyCat said:

Congrats on getting your surgery date. It's only 10 days out . . . are you already on your pre-op diet and preparing for the procedure?

Thanks Grady! The pre-op diet was easy, I’ve been following it pretty before I was even told to start. I knew if I got a head start mentally it would be “a piece of cake.” Probably have to come up with a new phrase post-op lol!

Good luck today let us know how it goes. You have lost a ton of weight going into surgery I am eager to see how your body responds post op.

Hope all my surgery twins came out of their surgery with flying colors! I did really well but they ended up doing the sleeve instead of RNY. I’m very disappointed but I’ll deal with it tomorrow because I’ve exhausted!!

Tomorrow is the big day & I feel ready & excited. Things have begun to change within me since I began this journey. Slowly I’ve started to regain some of my lost self esteem. Committing to the surgery alone ... making a commitment to myself has brought back in me a sense of self love which has been missing from my life for several years.
I’m very reflective this morning because I know I’m embarking on a new life. One that I’m excited about . Best of luck to all my surgery twins! We’ve got this!!!!
I hope your surgery and recovery goes well, my surgery is on the 26. Thanks for sharing, I can totally relate to regaining lost self esteem. Take care, let us know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G965W using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope all my surgery twins came out of their surgery with flying colors! I did really well but they ended up doing the sleeve instead of RNY. I’m very disappointed but I’ll deal with it tomorrow because I’ve exhausted!!
Congratulations Chiptress!!!!!! Let's not even discuss! Have a great night and you can fill us in later!!

To all August 19th peeps, hope you are all recovering well! You have been in my thoughts all day!!🧡[emoji169]🧡[emoji169]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Chiptress why are you disappointed that they went sleeve instead of RNY. What happened I couldnt imagine expecting to have a procedure then being told oh we decided to do soemthing else instead. Hope you are doing ok.

On 08/20/2019 at 03:51, Brent701 said:

Chiptress why are you disappointed that they went sleeve instead of RNY. What happened I couldnt imagine expecting to have a procedure then being told oh we decided to do soemthing else instead. Hope you are doing ok.

I am disappointed! The PA mentioned 1 week pre-op that because I had a c-section previously that they might have to do the sleeve. I feel like I was being set up to get something that wasn’t my 1st choice. Sure enough they spent 45 min on scar tissue & weren’t getting anywhere so decided to do sleeve . They felt it was a better option for me. I’m disappointed because I felt that RNY was the gold standard & higher weight loss. I’m 5’3 42 BMI with Co-morbidities. Anyone out there very happy with their sleeve surgery??

On 08/18/2019 at 20:09, TraviMac said:

It’s been overall an amazing journey, finding out who I am again! I wouldn’t change anything about it, it’s made me mentally so much stronger, and help me see who I can really depend on and trust, also who I need to distance myself from! Thank you!

I love hearing about your mental strength & who you can really count on. I actually received more love & support than I thought I would. I’m the caretaker in my world & everyone has always depended on me. Feels nice to feel live & support! ❤️

Hello fellow August 19th-ers! I had my Gastric Bypass RNY that day, too - wheeled me in around 2:30pm (latest surgery time I've ever had, ha ha). I kept waiting to comment in here, nerves, maybe? But I've been keeping up as best as I can, sending you all my best wishes and shared crossed fingers and such.

I love the "need a new word for piece of cake" humor haha.

I should have chipped in here sooner (wait, another food term? LOL) - but better now than never. Day 2 (yesterday/Tuesday) was awful for me only bc of caffeine withdrawal, I was such a fool putting that off - it was the only part of this entire process I hadn't micromanaged into oblivion, like a child I just kept saying "will deal with it later" until dealing with it meant incapacitated with a severe headache that meds couldn't touch, yikes. Totally my bad.

Other than that I feel like I'm healing fine, as far as I can tell "feeling" wise - headache easing off today (thank heavens), I can only get my sips of Water in so far, and I am working that hard, no way will I let the deyhydration monster get me lol. But, the Protein Shake sips leave me feeling "too full" funnily enough. Will keep trying.

Still feeling pretty groggy and foggy so I hope I don't re-post this or re-introduce myself later, forgetting I already posted ha ha.

Sending my best wishes to my surgery soul siblings! ☺️