Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For gas pains.. get up and walk as soon as you're able.. As for packing for hospital lesson learn for me don't forget chapstick.

after one of my previous surgery’s they gave me peppermint tea after to help with gas ... and it was amazing. since they probably can’t after our sleeve surgeries i was reading that peppermint oil might help. I bought some yesterday to mix with another oil and try massaging into my shoulder. i know walking should help, i’m just trying to find anything else that will as well

My packing list is already made out & my surgery date has not even been set up yet.
Chapstick, peppermint tea ( since you won't be allowed caffine anymore), earplugs for cellphone, eyemask to keep light out of your eyes, toiletries, 1 extra pair of undies/PJ's & houseboat to wear home

Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app

First off congratulations on your upcoming surgery! You made it! Second, before your surgery, your surgeon will probably come in to talk to you. Take this time to ask him if he/she can take extra care of getting all the gas they can out of you before they close you up. It really makes a difference and it will be on their mind going into surgery so they might not get complacent on that.

As far as hospital list, like other posters have said, chapstick for sure, hand sanitizer is VERY important, slippers, chargers, your own pillow, a hat you can throw on to do your walks if you want since you'll probably have bedhead most of the time and comfy clothes to go home in.

Sounds pretty good, maybe I am being picky but as a former( and in probability still am) gastritis owner my gastroenterologist forbid me peppermint along with caffeine, for us it irritates the stomach lining and you're "off to the races" once more. My godmother, may she rest in peace, would give me peppermint tea or peppermint oil, yeah I belched good at the time, but then my tummy hurt worse.
You' d be better off with decaffeinated green tea or an herbal one your team says is okay. Word!

Green Tea, that I already have. I use it as my regular tea daily. Since I am one of those people that can't wake up unless I have coffee, ( Because I drink it to wake me up, not fall asleep like Decaf does)....Peppermint Tea sounds best. Yes, I am a coffee addicted, but I would rather be addicted to that than opioids, marijuana, or cigarettes or alcohol

The ONLY thing that helped me with gas pain was walking. Even if it's laps around the hospital floor and when you're home around your house. Its just one of those things that's hard to shake, but before it does clear you will definitely appreciate all the times you didn't have this pain. Sort of like appreciating having clear sinuses when you don't.

Netflix :D

On 8/8/2019 at 10:59 PM, Zemi said:

after one of my previous surgery’s they gave me peppermint tea after to help with gas ... and it was amazing. since they probably can’t after our sleeve surgeries i was reading that peppermint oil might help. I bought some yesterday to mix with another oil and try massaging into my shoulder. i know walking should help, i’m just trying to find anything else that will as well

What was that other oil other that you added with peppermint oil?

Chapstick! Chapstick! Chapstick! Chapstick! Chapstick! Chapstick!
Oh, in case you didn’t get it... CHAPSTICK!!

Hated walking at first but it definitely helped.