Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers???

My date was September 6th. So far so good. Go for follow up on the 13th. No issues so far, Soup, soup, Protein Shakes, Water and did I say soup? 😊 Previous 2x lap band (revision done 3 yrs after original surgery). Originally lost about 80 lbs only for about 45 lbs to come back over last 2 years due to band and esophagus issues. Excited to have this opportunity and looking forward to my progress.

Had my surgery. Things went well. It's now day 3 and my stomach muscles are still sore, hurts to stretch or bend over. My stomach still feels bloated but no gas pain. Weirdly my eyesight is a bit blurry. I am meeting my clear liquid goals. Tomorrow I can start cream Soups, yogurt, pudding, and cream of wheat Cereal. No hunger per say, but I am looking forward to some yogurt and pudding. I hope I still like it.

Blurry vision=scopalamine anti- nausea patch. Once it's out of your system your vision will get BETTER, cross my 💖!

Had my surgery on 9/4. So far all is good! Today is day 10 post op, which mean the official start of puree food (yuck lol). Last night, I did try some Greek yogurt and had no trouble with eating it. Only had maybe 1.5 oz since it was half a day early and didn't want to risk feeling sick with it. I can get in about 64+ oz of Fluid, but I am counting my Protein Shakes and broth in that, without including them I am getting at least 48oz of fluid in. I can take about 6-8 sips/gulps of Water at a time. Drinking 2 Protein shakes a day for 60 grams of protein. For the most part my abdomen feels fine post-op... but I do have that one spot that can feel like I have been stabbed if I move the wrong way still. But even that seems to be starting to subside now. What I haven't been doing a lot of is getting out and walking as much as I should. When I do go for my walks, I am wiped out after 15-20 minutes. Still, I am gradually improving. I actually think I am starting to feel better all around today, so maybe today is the day? I am also not having any trouble swallowing any of my smaller pills. The only liquid prescribed to me was pain medicine which surprised me, everything else I have been taken in it's normal tablet form since the day of surgery. I am down about 7 pounds since surgery, even with the initial 5 pound gain. That came off within 48 hours at most. All in all, everything is good!

17 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Blurry vision=scopalamine anti- nausea patch. Once it's out of your system your vision will get BETTER, cross my 💖!

You were absolutely right. I chose not to put on a new patch last night and woke up this morning with much clearer vision. Not 100% back to normal but way better than yeaterday.

Had my surgery on 9/4. So far all is good! Today is day 10 post op, which mean the official start of puree food (yuck lol). Last night, I did try some Greek yogurt and had no trouble with eating it. Only had maybe 1.5 oz since it was half a day early and didn't want to risk feeling sick with it. I can get in about 64+ oz of Fluid, but I am counting my Protein Shakes and broth in that, without including them I am getting at least 48oz of fluid in. I can take about 6-8 sips/gulps of Water at a time. Drinking 2 Protein shakes a day for 60 grams of protein. For the most part my abdomen feels fine post-op... but I do have that one spot that can feel like I have been stabbed if I move the wrong way still. But even that seems to be starting to subside now. What I haven't been doing a lot of is getting out and walking as much as I should. When I do go for my walks, I am wiped out after 15-20 minutes. Still, I am gradually improving. I actually think I am starting to feel better all around today, so maybe today is the day? I am also not having any trouble swallowing any of my smaller pills. The only liquid prescribed to me was pain medicine which surprised me, everything else I have been taken in it's normal tablet form since the day of surgery. I am down about 7 pounds since surgery, even with the initial 5 pound gain. That came off within 48 hours at most. All in all, everything is good!
I had my surgery the same day. I can't walk a full 30 minutes yet ... my doctor said two 15 minutes walk a day is fine. I am gradually extending my walks in my neighborhood by driveways. I add 3-4 driveways each day. But the low calories seems to make me a little bit more breathless then normal. Just keep moving is the important part.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my Gastric Sleeve on September 24, 2019.

I had my sleeve Sept 19. No complications or side effects down about 40 ish pounds so far