Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Power Crunch was my favorite but I no longer eat any Protein Bars as they are a slippery slope for some.

mine is Quest, but i have gotten away from the bars and now eat the Cookies for Breakfast.

Fit Crunch and Quest Hero. Some of the Oh Yeah One bars are also good (you have to get the "Ones", though - the regular Oh Yeah bars have a lot of sugar). Sometimes the Quest Cookies (I used to like the Quest bars, too - but they 're not as good as Quest Hero and Fit Crunch - at least not to me). I try not to eat Protein bars unless I have no other choice, though (I always have one or two in my purse for "emergencies") because they're a slippery slope for me, too.

Atkins has some AMAZING bars. Y ou can find them at most supermarkets. Meijers / Walmart... They are usually in the pharmacy however and not with the food.

Pure Protein: has a great chocolate salted caramel bar. OMG!

Walgreen's also carries a good brand of bar called ThinkThin. I love the brownie and the lemon bar.

The Robert Irvine Power Crunch bars are great, but I would NOT recommend them for someone that's still in the first year post op. Once you get into post 1 yr or 2yrs... then ok... They tend to be a tad more carb heavy than some of the other bars. Just make sure you read the nutrition label on any of the bars and make a good choice for yourself based on what stage in the process you are at.

I like the Kirkland brand. They come in a dual pack, half chocolate Brownie and half Chocolate Chip Cookie dough. It think they are even better when slightly chilled in the fridge.

I agree with the above posters and caution using Protein Bars on a regular basis. I found myself using them as Meal Replacements way too often because they were so easy and I didn't have much of an appetite. Luckily I realized what I was doing and am back to having them as an occasional snack or quick fix when unable to grab something else.

when you all say "slippery slope", what exactly do you mean? You will end up eating too much? Or they lead to other bad foods? Not sure I understand. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cameo325 said:

when you all say "slippery slope", what exactly do you mean? You will end up eating too much? Or they lead to other bad foods? Not sure I understand. Thanks!

Yes.

3 hours ago, Cameo325 said:

Its a candy bar and the manufactures put the word Protein on it so people think it is good for them. Our bodies can only process so much protein at a time to begin with. ( 8 to 10 grams an hour )

I like Quest bars or Think Thin. I only use them in a pinch. My nutritionist would prefer I don't eat them at all as she really wants me to push healthy non processed foods. Sometimes that Protein bar is a quick go to though for a missed meal.

These are my favorites. I think they're the same as GreenTealael's Great Value bars she showed above. I get them at costco in a super-sized box.

At this point, I don't eat them very often (maybe once or twice a month). I mostly keep them on hand in case I know I'll be going somewhere that food choices are slim/non-existent such as traveling or work-related affairs. They help me avoid making REALLY bad choices. My husband keeps them in his locker at work because he doesn't have a cafeteria available and if his lunch either didn't satisfy or he has to work overtime, he has something to keep him going.

These bars are a little high in carbs. Hence, the slippery slope. I've tried many of the other Protein bars and don't care for the protein flavor. To me, it tastes so artificial. So, I settled on these because I can recognize most of the ingredients just by looking at it as well as the ingredient list.

image.png.6cd4ac92fb40fef3439a2d6673094651.pngimage.png.30a99a4bc43958ac71290a7af5c20c01.png

The Pure Protein vanilla Almond is not shabby and they just came out with Lemon, it and the Atkins lemon vanilla wafer style are my current favorites . Close behind are the QuestHero and the Zone Perfect made by Abbott Labs , my buddies the Ensure people in Columbus, as much as I have boosted them they should send me some coupons, right? And we bought Nature Valley Creamy Crispy wafers in the grocery side, I'm still chicken, letting Tomkitten sample because we got the PButter variety and Precious doesn't permit me to retain it, maybe if I drown it with 1% milk? Oh I do appreciate her but it's about time I WIN THIS WAR! An egg-shaped piece of gastric flesh still making demands, like North and South Korea we are in a temporary lull but no surrender papers yet!