Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you survive full liquid diets for 2 weeks I just want food. I am getting depressed I want a healthy meal! I am doubting so much right now. I know this is worth it but I don’t want to get like this and I am barely a week out.

Hey Lesslie92, I'm still waiting for my surgery but I'm sorry for what you're going through. Hopefully others can respond. Are you able to call your doctor or patient advocate? Hang in there please. I believe the best is yet to be. Blessings.

How do you survive full liquid diets for 2 weeks I just want food. I am getting depressed I want a healthy meal! I am doubting so much right now. I know this is worth it but I don’t want to get like this and I am barely a week out.
It helped that I cut sugar and carbs out months before the full liquid diet, it wasn't so bad for me. I wasn't hungry after the first few days. I know it's hard but you can do it!! It will be so worth it!! I'm 8 days post OP and I've lost 14 lbs already!!! This was one of the best decision I've ever made!! Stay the course and good luck!!

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19 265
CW 252
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

54 minutes ago, Lesslie92 said:

Full liquids are a nightmare! But soon enough you will be able to eat portions ,chew, and it will be nice. I had the sleeve done may 31st 2019 and i was 237 day of surgery, today im 194. So things get better. For me i regretted this decision every second of every day till i got 2months out. Things got so much better after that and i dont regret as much, still annoyed at the lack of knowledge i had about this surgery but feeling happy and more energized now!! Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Lesslie92 said:

I know its rough, I'm not going to lie..but the 2nd week things definitely got easier. It also helped to keep really busy.

Today is my first day of purees, so i understand, as ive been on liquids 1 week pre op and then 2 weeks post.

Good luck, we can do this!!!

It's only two weeks. You can do it.

I can understand that it’s incredibly frustrating. I’m 3 weeks out from surgery and am on full liquids too. Trying new foods has either gone well or a disaster, resulting in me having to slide back to Clear Liquids for a day or so. Please take your time with the process to prevent injury to your new tummy.

I have the benefit of having two pre-op diets to reflect upon.

The first time around I toughed it out on sheer determination. I thought that I was doing well, but about halfway through I started dreaming of mashed potatoes and spaghetti!

The 2nd time was more than 10 years later and really, for the most part, I was back to square one. The difference was that my new surgeon didn't have me on liquids only. I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch with a "sensible" meal in the evening. Enduring this was MUCH easier, but I had a bad case of carb withdrawal after about 3 days. I had the worst headache that was constant for about 3 or 4 days and NOTHING helped it. I had brain fog, fatigue, irritability. I'll take the dreaming of mashed potatoes and spaghetti any day after that!

Hang in there! It's a temporary situation and this will pass. For me, I just kept my eye on the prize. That was inspiration enough to help me stay on track and push forward.

It does suck. It reminds me of having a newborn baby. So relentless, where you barely finish and have to start again.

Plus, I dislike artificial sweeteners so I find the liquid part even worse, because the Protein Shakes are so blech.

My liquid diet allows me to eat high Protein, low sugar greek yogurt though, which I think makes a difference.

I also find that Syntrax's Decaf Cappuccino flavor does a lot to kill the bad taste of the Protein Shake, so I start with that in the am. In the afternoon I find Syntrax Cookies and cream pretty bearable. Then in the evening I "treat" myself to chicken broth as my clear liquid and an Icelandic yogurt as my protein, and it feels quite normal getting to eat with a spoon. (Plus the hot Soup feels pretty good on my stomach.)

Add 20-25 more ounces of water/clear liquid and it all evens out.

I just hope by the time soft foods come around I'll be able to swallow without feeling gas pains. 😃

Good luck!

I have in the past gotten by body used to fasting, so that personally helped me in getting myself used to doing that when it comes time after my surgery.

Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app

I can understand that it’s incredibly frustrating. I’m 3 weeks out from surgery and am on full liquids too. Trying new foods has either gone well or a disaster, resulting in me having to slide back to clear liquids for a day or so. Please take your time with the process to prevent injury to your new tummy.

[emoji322] I agree

Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app