Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating websites

On 10/31/2019 at 6:59 PM, hb6189 said:

I'm on Bumble. It's kind of like Tinder but the girl has to message the guy first. Guys can't send messages until receiving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

I use Bumble too. I don't match all that often sadly. When I do match I rarely get the first message from the girl. Its like why even be on the app if you aren't going to message. Meh....

I know this is a long shot and not normal by any means as I had ALOT of bad apples message and reach out to me. But I met the love of my life on Match. As with any online dating site be patient and ASK QUESTIONS. Lots and lots of questions.

I was not the online dating type but the dating scene now days is a joke honestly. So I took the chance and to thankful that I did.

Good luck to all! If its meant to be it will be don't rush into anything.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, kristieshannon said:

I met my husband on Match.com

SAME!!!

ok I will try match again 😐

Chiming in ... another Match success story. :)

So I am having coffee/tea with a guy from match. Stay Tuned.

I'm EXTREMELY nervous about beginning to date again. I'm 48 now, 5 ft 4". I have one child 24 yrs old that lives with me as well as My amazing 80 yr old Mother. I am bisexual, I don't smoke & rarely drink (only a teeny amt & only on very, very special occasions). I married the wrong guy, back in 2009, Divorced in 2017 & due to my severe back issues I had R&Y on Aug 24th 2020. I've struggled with my weight throughout my life, reaching my heaviest in May 2020 at 313, I weigh 196 now, I'm VERY proudofmyself (insert high five). I have approx 30-40 lbs left to reach my tentative goal of 155-165.

I honestly just don't know where to start with dating again, I used to be soooo great with dating etc and had tons of confidence but now I'm going through all these changes with the weightloss process. Plus my thinning & graying hair, YES apparently increased "graying" is a possibility after wls ugh lol.. I'm also in the process of waiting to get my final upper denture plate as You can't get the final fitting while losing weight, it was news to me that you lose weight in your gums too! So that definitely puts the pause button in effect for me where dating is concerned.

I also don't want to sound 😕 discriminatory by saying this but I don't want to date anyone of any significant overweight status, low activity levels or crappy eating as a habit. These are all simply triggers for me as a recovering binge eater so I wouldn't want to invite that into my future. I need to date someone who will encourage my more active lifestyle, share these activities with Me & enjoy getting/being as healthy as possible throughout our lives.

I was dying & basically immobile a year ago, I have 3 spinal diseases so the 115 lbs I've lost so far was definitely killing me in more ways than one. I never want to go back to that life & maintaining my healthy lifestyle is key to keeping my mobility and the much improved mental health that goes with it.

I just don't feel the confidence yet or quite know where to start lol. Annapolis Md is a busy but beautiful and diverse city so there's lots of amazing single ppl here, I'm just not sure where to begin or when to begin either lol..

Thank you for reading my story.

- I don't have any "new" before/after body pics to share so here's an older one comparing 313 & 216 AND a brand new one of my hands at 313 & 196. Lol

Kelly H.

1615808165216.jpg

1621246973948.jpg

I'd like to bring this thread back to life, guys. I've not had any relationships with girls for over two years. I'd like to find a girl from Ukraine who I could help and care for. Do you know where to find such girls?

Hey there, I'm new, but I totally get where you're coming from. It's tough out there trying to find the right girl, especially if you're looking for someone from Ukraine.! Have you tried looking on dating apps like Tinder or Bumble? You can set your preferences to filter for Ukrainian girls. Another option is to check out some of the best marriage agencies in Ukraine here. There are some great ones out there that can help you find the right match. Good luck and hope you find what you're looking for!

Edited by ConorWalls

Gentlemen,

Dating in the USA is pretty hard. Lots of very entitled women, and none of them want to be be good moms and home makers anymore. I have joined the Passport Bro's and have been dating in Latin America where the Divorce Rate is only 30%, Specifically Costa Rica, and Colombia. Gentlemen, I highly encourage utilizing your money and Talent outside of Western Countries.

You will have a much better time, and get much more quality women.

I mean no offense to the ladies on here, hope you girls understand, to me it just seems too risky to date inside the USA anymore. :) All the best to the people looking here!

It's been 15 years since I was on the dating scene, but I met my husband on eharmony back in 2008 and we are still very happy together.