Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating websites

What dating websites have you had success on? I tried Tinder but I live in a semi-rural area and I swiped so much that it kicked me 70 miles out to Washington DC, lmao.

Do you find the people on the paid sites to be more serious?

I tried POF and OkCupid but never had any luck on those.... that was many years ago, though.

I feel like my criteria is VERY specific and there's not much hope, especially given the low selection pool where I live.

I also tried to sign up for eHarmony but after the hour long entrance EXAM, it said I was "in the 12% of people that eHarmony can't help" and it rejected me. LOL. It said I didn't fall into one of their personality categories or something.

Edited by mousecat88

Love this question! Hubby and I have been married 4 years. We met on Christian Mingle!! You've got to be careful whatever site you use, but with due diligence you can be successful!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

W-O-W!! I never knew eharmony would kick you back a message saying they couldn't help. [emoji23][emoji23] Never tried them and not sure I would now after seeing that. Maybe you should try POF again since it's been a while. 🤷‍♂️ I met a nurse when I was in the hospital but it didn't work out. That's the extent of my dating life so my advice won't take you very far lol.

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"
150 pounds lost! [emoji106]

EHarmony has a right wing, Christian owner and has banned LGBT users. Not suggesting that’s why they banned you, but good to know if you have opinions on the topic.

Oh, I found ALL the reasons...

It is estimated that about 20% of eharmony applicants are rejected. In 2007, eharmony stated since the site's launch, they had rejected about a million people who applied to use the service. They reported that about 30% of those applicants were denied because they were already married, 27% were younger than the minimum application age of 21, and 9% provided inconsistent answers on the application. Eharmony also stated they reject anyone under the age of 60 who has been married more than four times, or who fails their "dysthymia scale", testing as having a depressed disposition.

Oh, I found ALL the reasons...

It is estimated that about 20% of eharmony applicants are rejected. In 2007, eharmony stated since the site's launch, they had rejected about a million people who applied to use the service. They reported that about 30% of those applicants were denied because they were already married, 27% were younger than the minimum application age of 21, and 9% provided inconsistent answers on the application. Eharmony also stated they reject anyone under the age of 60 who has been married more than four times, or who fails their "dysthymia scale", testing as having a depressed disposition.
Well, that explains it!

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"
150 pounds lost! [emoji106]

15 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

I met my husband on Match.com

Yeah, I am 20 y.o.

I have plenty of friends who met their destiny on dating websites!

Edited by dilon.don

Let's be honest, it depends on how attractive you are. It's also easier if you are female. All sites have good quality people. As an unattractive male, I used Bumble the most. I never get responses on eHarmony or Match so at least with Bumble I don't have to put in any effort and get the same results. The one site where women actually approached me was OkCupid but those were transgenders and dominatrix.

Ultimately, the best site is petfinder.com. Found my soulmate there.

I’m not ready to date again at this point but I do have that on my radar when I feel physically & mentally ready to get back in the game. In the past though.... I’ve met some pretty great men on match.com. A few have become lifelong friends just not marriage material. Since I’ll be 59 in a few weeks.... I might try “our time “. It makes me happy to see others that have met their life partners after getting healthy!!

Had to click on just due to the topic.

I am single due to surgery and my success and the insecurities it brought with it (On his end). I was curious to see who all used dating sites as well. I am just not feeling the whole paying to have the headache of navigating the real ones and the games. No one has time for that.

The struggle is real....

If the dating sites aren't working for you, real life is where its at. Got to leverage off friends and families, meet people at hobbies, volunteering, work, social events, quiz nights, social club nights,, social sports and activies...put yourself out there not necessarily looking for someone. I think a lot of people actually meet someone when they aren't particularly looking...they are just being themselves.