Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven’t been here for awhile. A couple of years after my surgery, I thought I was good and didn’t need any help from anyone anymore. Boy was I wrong! I lost 100 pounds. In the past 2 years 45 pounds has creeped back on. Now I’m back and ready to focus on losing (again). Any tips to reboot my system? Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

The same thing has happened to me. I was thinking about getting the revision surgery. I'd rather not go under the knife again. I know that you can do the diet from the first month to shrink your stomach again. Im m not sure how effective it is though.

Eat high protein...almost like a Keto diet. Protein decreases hunger. It'll take a little bit to detox off of carbs and sugar but it's a must if you want to drop the weight.

The sleeve is our tool not a magic fix. Excersize too if you can. Walking a couple miles total a day helps.

HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 reached 3/7/18
CW = 210 @ 6'5"
150 pounds lost! [emoji106]

Yep what @336Mike said! Go back to the precepts of your forever post surgery diet.

Max 1 cup food per meal. 3 meals per day (and in the early days you can do 1-2 small Protein snacks).

I stole this from a poster on another site because it's just awesome advice!!!!

tips-back-on-track-after-regain.JPG.022efe76555a9adcecb6c4b833134d3a.JPG

@FluffyChix That post is awesome advice and something we all need to have reinforced once in a while. I think I'm going to save it to my archives and maybe even post it somewhere for me to see every day. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, S@ssen@ch said:

@FluffyChix That post is awesome advice and something we all need to have reinforced once in a while. I think I'm going to save it to my archives and maybe even post it somewhere for me to see every day. Thanks!

I first read it when I was still pre-op and it was like, "Hello, future self? You need to save this to your archives, cuz you will need to take this advice more than once in your life when times get rough!!!" :) She's very wise!

Sleever's don't have the pouch like our gastric bypass friends do. Most of these online reset programs or "reboots" attempt to shrink up the pouch, and from what research I've done most of them don't work. Once you have stretched it.. its stretched.

The good news is, its difficult to stretch.

The fact that you can eat way more 2 years out is normal. Has little to do with you having stretched out your stomach and more to do with you just returning to your ability to eat a normal meal.

Post op I was eating like 500 - 800 calories a day for the first 8 months. that's normal for bariatric patients, but its not normal AT ALL. Your body can maintain that for a short while, but at some point we have to get back to normal sized portions and at or about the 2,000 calories a day target.

That said... a reboot isn't a bad thing. But I see it as a mental journey, not a physical one. Do things that will remind you of why you started down this path to begin with. Start with the pre-op liquid diet for 10 days. Remind yourself of the HELL you drug yourself through years ago to have the surgery to being with.

Perhaps look at some old journals, or FB posts and goals you had set for yourself then. Have you achieved them? If not... why not? Its all about fighting for you. Gotta get back into that game mentally and start making better eating choices.

Smaller portions of acceptable well rounded meals and you should get back on track.

Long term success is nothing more than short term success repeated daily.

One day at a time. From here on out, its a mental kick in the pants. Its the mental reboot your struggling to get a grasp on which is causing more carbs to sneak back in and perhaps some weight to come back.

Know its all totally normal, and totally correctable. You know what you need to do. Now just do it.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:35 AM, WeighInRadio said:

Long term success is nothing more than short term success repeated daily.

This!