Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV at a Theme Park

So, Friday, I spent the day at Cedar Point here in NE Ohio with my wife. We got there at about 10 AM, and we ended up leaving at 10:30 PM. In that time, I managed to ride almost every roller coaster that they had in the park. Only one of them was I completely too big for.

Sure, some of the safety bars and harnesses were a little on the tighter side, even for their larger riders areas, but six months ago, I wouldn't have been able to ride anything.

I had a blast with my wife, and as of today, my BMI is now enough under 40 that it no longer rounds up to 40.

Congratulations, it's a great feeling, isn't it? I had a similar experience recently and it was sheer joy to be able to get in the harness without having to leave the ride.

Great Job on your success so far!

Congratulations! Must be a great feeling for you 😀. Posts like yours are inspirational and encouraging . I have my surgery next Monday , so looking forward to having results like yours . Keep up the good work !

the good work

24 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Congratulations! Was it as fun as you remembered?

Riding roller coasters in general? Oh, yes. However, this was my first time to Cedar Point, ever.

That's awesome! So glad you had a good time!

Congratulations! How exciting on all levels. Those roller coasters are so exciting.

I grew up in NW Ohio. Cedar Point was an annual event for our family. Especially loved the Hallo-weekends! I haven't had the courage to get on Top Thrill Dragster or the Millenium yet. Maverick left my head spinning so I figured that's about as thrilling as I need.

6 minutes ago, S@ssen@ch said:

Congratulations! How exciting on all levels. Those roller coasters are so exciting.

I grew up in NW Ohio. Cedar Point was an annual event for our family. Especially loved the Hallo-weekends! I haven't had the courage to get on Top Thrill Dragster or the Millenium yet. Maverick left my head spinning so I figured that's about as thrilling as I need.

Top Thrill seemed like it was too long a wait for far too short a ride. 17 second ride for an hour and a half wait? No thank you. Sadly, Millennium Force was down for maintenance all day on Friday.

Congratulations!! I bet being able to walk around all day was also a lot easier 😁

So glad you were able to enjoy your day! 6 months ago you also wouldn’t have had the energy to last that long at Cedar Point!

Congrats that's awesome. Seriously hally for you!

totally great NSV being able to do this and have such fun ... and such a great way to see how far you’ve come 😀 congrats!!! hope there are lots more fun days like this ahead for you

Had a similar experience in Vegas last week! I got on the big apple ride and it fit with no problems! Congrats! :D