Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, just kinda having a rough day, my anxiety is kinda getting the best of me. I am one week post-op,really sick of the shakes. I just want to cry. Everyone is going and doing things and i set because i can't go out and eat because i am on shakes. I just want to cry. Is this normal. ? Help.

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

41 minutes ago, Johnda Hendren said:

Hey all, just kinda having a rough day, my anxiety is kinda getting the best of me. I am one week post-op,really sick of the shakes. I just want to cry. Everyone is going and doing things and i set because i can't go out and eat because i am on shakes. I just want to cry. Is this normal. ? Help.

My heart breaks for you. I totally understand. I'm in the pureed stage and sick of shakes and Soups and I keep having to turn down outings with friends to go eat, etc., because I'm so limited. The first couple of weeks I added sugar-free popsicles to get through. I keep hoping as the weight comes down, it will get easier. Hang in there!!! You can do this!!

I feel for both of you! The first month is by far the hardest! I'm going on 6 months and has seemed to have flown by. It gets so much better when you can eat more food and not so limited. It takes changing your whole relationship with food. At this point I can get my Protein in by food and can now eat vegetables and fruits. I stay away from bread, Pasta and high carb foods. I'm enjoying life and don't regret the surgery one bit! You will look back and feel the same way, I bet! Good luck!💗💯

11 minutes ago, gabybab said:

I feel for both of you! The first month is by far the hardest! I'm going on 6 months and has seemed to have flown by. It gets so much better when you can eat more food and not so limited. It takes changing your whole relationship with food. At this point I can get my Protein in by food and can now eat vegetables and fruits. I stay away from bread, Pasta and high carb foods. I'm enjoying life and don't regret the surgery one bit! You will look back and feel the same way, I bet! Good luck!💗💯

Thank you. Congrats on your weight loss. Over 70 in 6 months. WOW! That's exciting. I think if I had a better understanding of how to get my Protein in and stay low carb, that might help. What did you eat during the pureed phase?

27 minutes ago, MedicWife said:

Thank you. Congrats on your weight loss. Over 70 in 6 months. WOW! That's exciting. I think if I had a better understanding of how to get my Protein in and stay low carb, that might help. What did you eat during the pureed phase?

I ate a lot of Beans, tuna fish, chili, lunch meat eggs and cottage cheese. I chewed my food very very well and only pureed chili once, oops! Not condoning that, I just couldn't get past the purred texture. 🥵

1 minute ago, gabybab said:

I ate a lot of Beans, tuna fish, chili, lunch meat eggs and cottage cheese. I chewed my food very very well and only pureed chili once, oops! Not condoning that, I just couldn't get past the purred texture. 🥵

Also, I have 3 weeks 23 days till my 6 months. Hoping to hit 80 pounds lost, but may be a bit wishing. Weight loss has slowed down a lot these last couple months.

21 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Also, I have 3 weeks 23 days till my 6 months. Hoping to hit 80 pounds lost, but may be a bit wishing. Weight loss has slowed down a lot these last couple months.

That's great! You can totally hit that goal. My doc doesn't allow lunch meat. I made turkey chili for dinner and like you, did not puree. I kept it down so I'm happy about that. I've only been sick once so I try to be careful and stick to shakes. I'll try more Beans. Also, do you eat throughout the day or just 3 meals? I feel like I'm always hungry but when I eat/drink, I only can have a little bit.

3 hours ago, MedicWife said:

That's great! You can totally hit that goal. My doc doesn't allow lunch meat. I made turkey chili for dinner and like you, did not puree. I kept it down so I'm happy about that. I've only been sick once so I try to be careful and stick to shakes. I'll try more Beans. Also, do you eat throughout the day or just 3 meals? I feel like I'm always hungry but when I eat/drink, I only can have a little bit.

I'm trying to stick to 3 meals a day, but it is hard. I can't eat a lot in one sitting. So, I'm eating 3 Protein items and if I snack it is fruit or vegetables. I'm still trying to figure it all out.

I eat yogurt and 1 T of pumpkin seeds and 1/3 cup granola. I eat this everyday.

Lunch: chicken salad, tuna salad or snack tray of protein

Dinner: steak most of the time, sometimes chicken. Broccoli last night

Snacks might be a few cherries and 1oz cheese

I also, buy vegetable trays and eat cauliflower or broccoli. I also eat a pickle here or there.

My challenges are making better choices. I like Starbucks and I need to stay away. I choose the lower calorie drinks if I do get one.

Edited by gabybab

You can make those shakes into really delicious Starbucks worthy rivals if you add flavors to them.

Heres my current fav

Cinnamon toast crunch shake... Tastes just like the Cereal. I use a Starbucks cup because i like pretty things and refuse to look like im not enjoying life 😂

Good Luck 💜

20190729_075735~3.jpg

20190719_171959.jpg

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Cinnamon toast crunch shake... Tastes just like the Cereal. I use a Starbucks cup because i like pretty things and refuse to look like im not enjoying life

At first I wasn't sure but as I stared at the ingredients all I could think of was "that sounds DELICIOUS!"

9 hours ago, Johnda Hendren said:

I am one week post-op,really sick of the shakes. I just want to cry. Everyone is going and doing things and i set because i can't go out and eat because i am on shakes. I just want to cry. Is this normal. ? Help

From what I've read here and having had 'different surgeries' before, mood swings (hormonal or otherwise) are actually experienced by most although different ppl may process (or not) in other ways. It is very very normal

I totally get what you said about everyone going and doing. I posted on another thread lately I feel..super ALONE. My family eats out "because they are uncomfortable" eating around me or as they also say "they don't want ME to be uncomfortable". I'm PEEVED because all they are doing is making it WORSE. I've said that I need to be able to be around food although I'm not inviting them to make all my fave foods and have a buffet either.

What they are doing is making me feel more left out than I did before. I feel LONELY. My husband & I would go to dinner once or twice a wk and now that is done so he and my youngest daughter are now going "out". Am NOT begrudging family going out to eat & continuing with their life as I have to keep reminding myself that this..almost quarantine like part of the journey is about keeping ME safe and honestly, I am a week post op myself. I think there is some truth in their comments but there is a load of truth that they are eating foods I already was staying away from (did Keto for 15 mos) and eating/drinking too much (not being rude, I was queen of overeating..I think THAT makes them uncomfortable AROUND me maybe?

It is hotter than Hades here in TX and I did not do well in extreme heat before surgery and I've got to remember - I just had major surgery. Just made a major change to my body & it has to HEAL. I remind myself that before I know it I'll be able to go 'out again' but there are also temptations there that for now..I choose for myself to avoid.

I have stated what I am and am not comfortable with. If someone is making or bringing something around that is tempting. I will move to another room and read a book, play some games...I just started buying jigsaw puzzles cuz it reminds me of my mother. I have found them to be very therapeutic.

I come here & read the 'headwork thread', the JULY and now AUGUST challenges greentealael (is that right) posts have been enjoyable even on the days I didn't participate. There is a humor thread that is hysterical.

Give yourself a break and a big dose of self love. We are JULY surgery siblings! I've given myself permission to have a good cry and I know there is a big emotion shift of finding new ways to fill up my time besides eating. Sounds like a good time to get to know ourselves better. You know you are amazing and worth it! Remember what a brave thing we just did..as 99% of everyone on here did. We did it because we MATTER!

Looks like you & me have something in common on how to use the blender with our smoothies.< br>
Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app

My heart breaks for you. I totally understand. I'm in the pureed stage and sick of shakes and Soups and I keep having to turn down outings with friends to go eat, etc., because I'm so limited. The first couple of weeks I added sugar-free popsicles to get through. I keep hoping as the weight comes down, it will get easier. Hang in there!!! You can do this!!
Go ahead and go out. You just have to discipline yourself and take a ready to drink shake with you to pour over ice and drink unsweetened teas. But put a drop if splenda on your tea.

Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app