Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dumping...oh lawd!

@NYJenn how much time passed since you ate (or drank something caloric) and when you took this reading?

51 minutes ago, NYJenn said:
54 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Did you test close to a meal time?

No 😕

Try again, same reading I would tell my physician & request a fasted blood glucose test to see what's going on

When is the best time to get a reading? First thing I. The morning? After a meal?
This reading was about 2-3 hours after a snack.

1 minute ago, NYJenn said:

When is the best time to get a reading? First thing I. The morning? After a meal?
This reading was about 2-3 hours after a snack.

I have no clue. I have never needed to self test my levels.

I do know that when I do it medically by lab order its always in a fasted state.

This morning it was 97 after 12+ hours of fasting. The nurse wants me to keep a really good record of fluids/food this week and cont monitoring my blood sugar.

1 minute ago, NYJenn said:

This morning it was 97 after 12+ hours of fasting. The nurse wants me to keep a really good record of fluids/food this week and cont monitoring my blood sugar.

Dang girl!! So you calibrated your glucometer, right?

Calibrated? I don’t know, I followed all the directions exactly right. I’ll look through the paperwork again in the morning though to make sure I didn’t miss something

So you should start a 2 week log. (I think you are probably fine btw...but, JIC.)

Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG) every morning before you eat, drink, or move around a lot. As soon as you wake and do it the say way every day.

Then you would pick 1 meal out of each day and test prior to eating. Then you "can" test at 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours...but that's a little extreme and expensive. So the experts tell you, take 1 reading before the meal (pre-prandial), then take it again at the 2 hour mark after consuming the last bite (post-prandial). Your blood sugar should be back to normal (pre-prandial) levels at 2 hours after the meal and it should not be in the diabetic range.

Pre-diabetic range (110-125) generally (FBG)

Diabetic range (126) and beyond (FBG)

Things that affect blood sugar:

food

drinks

sugar free items of food or liquid

medicine

exercise

stress

sickness

fasting

Salads sound like such a good idea but for me, I had an aversion to lettuce!
I know, crazy right? I get super such bad gas after. I think it is the air strapped in the stems of the leaves but that is just my best guess.

Even more odd is that I don't get the same reaction with baby leaf spinach salads!
At all.

For dressings, put it on the side, dip you fork into the dressing before picking up the food. Don't dip or smother the dressing ever.
You will hardly notice the difference in taste but you will feel the difference in salt, sugar and fat intake. Just don't go for the spinach-blue cheese-bacon!!

Ughhhhh! DUMPING IS THE WORST!!!!!! I’ve only dumped a few times! But it’s awful. And I almost can’t even describe it. The heart racing, stomach churching, mouth watering. Yuck! And it’s the weirdest things that make me dump. Halo Top ice cream, the lowest sugar granola, low sugar Greek yogurt! WEIRD THINGS!!!!!!!!!!