Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'll be going back to work in a couple weeks, my question is, how do you cope with an office job and having to go to the rest room at least 2-3 times an hour?

Also, this is a bit graphic but the sounds of diarrhea is just embarrassing to me when I'm in public, how do you deal with it?

You gotta do what you gotta do. Are you having diarrhea regularly post-op? I never had that, but then again I had the sleeve. Take care.

15 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

You gotta do what you gotta do. Are you having diarrhea regularly post-op? I never had that, but then again I had the sleeve. Take care.

Yes, couple times an hour at least.

1 hour ago, Sharon B A said:

the sounds of diarrhea is just embarrassing to me when I'm in public, how do you deal with it?

I used the restroom on another floor to avoid my coworkers 😟

Turn on the faucet, the electric hand dryer, if there is one, and flush over and over to drown out the noise.

1 hour ago, Sharon B A said:

Yes, couple times an hour at least.

Do you know what is causing this? Is this normal for DS peeps? I never researched it to find out. But it sounds horrifying. I know what mine was like healing from the gut surgery and it was bad enough at 10-12 times per day. So can't even imagine how bad it would be at 2x per hour!!!

4 hours ago, justmetj said:

Turn on the faucet, the electric hand dryer, if there is one, and flush over and over to drown out the noise.

We have 8 cubicles on each floor , the faucets are automatic and we don't have hand air dryers.. 😫😫

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Do you know what is causing this? Is this normal for DS peeps? I never researched it to find out. But it sounds horrifying. I know what mine was like healing from the gut surgery and it was bad enough at 10-12 times per day. So can't even imagine how bad it would be at 2x per hour!!!

It is horrifying, i just hot back from celebrating my two best friends birthday, we went to a Vietnamese restaurant, i had the Pho broth with nothing else in it..pure broth, but i had to go to the bathroom twice, in the space of one and half hours...it was so embarrassing!

Luckily their wasn't anyone in the bathroom when i went in there but when i was leaving this woman walked in, said Oh God and walked out...i was mortified!

6 minutes ago, Sharon B A said:

We have 8 cubicles on each floor , the faucets are automatic and we don't have hand air dryers.. 😫😫

That sucks! The only other thing I can think of is to try intermittent fasting and not eat while you're at work and just get your Water in until your system gets back to normal.

I thought of intermittent fasting as it worked for me pre surgery, but my nurse adviced against it as I'm only one week out and i need to get in at least 90g Protein and 64 oz Water. Its hard enough getting all that in now and i have all day, much less trying to force it all in 8 hrs.

17 minutes ago, Sharon B A said:

I thought of intermittent fasting as it worked for me pre surgery, but my nurse adviced against it as I'm only one week out and i need to get in at least 90g Protein and 64 oz Water. Its hard enough getting all that in now and i have all day, much less trying to force it all in 8 hrs.

That's a good point it might be to soon. Hopefully it'll get better by the time you go back to work. Good luck!

Thank you!

Don't IF -- it's too soon.

So is this gonna be a continual issue or is it only the result of the immediate surgery? Like with my emergency gut surgery, I developed an "Incomplete Ileus" which means I had large loops of bowel that were asleep and not having regular peristaltic contractions. So food, Water, and poo would mix and sit and ferment until I'd have a "wave" of contraction that would cause me to have terrible and foul smelling big D. And I'd have them 10-12 times per day. Usually after any liquids went in my mouth or any food down my piehole, but sometimes for no reason at all.

It goes away with time as your gut wakes up again. So I had to "try" to be careful about what and how much I ate--something I didn't do very well on lol since I wasn't healing like you. They didn't cut into my gut, only had to touch every inch of them to make sure they weren't dead/rotting, and untangle them. So it wasn't AS important to follow a liquid progression since I was moving things through--just spastically.

So I think it should get better with time if this is what you have? You may also be developing some kind of dairy intolerance. Make sure your Protein Drinks are whey Protein ISOLATE and not concentrate which has lactose in it. And avoid dairy. Also try adding probiotic capsule contents into your shakes. Also drink a spoon or two of raw sauerkraut juice 2-3 times per day to rebuild your gut.

And go to the pharmacy and buy this: Alex sells it here on the BP store.

image.thumb.png.af884c992b18d15aca62d34e63a2f164.png

https://www.poopourri.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvo_qBRDQARIsAE-bsH-grA0qD5BVk6l_SQo7scnZx-oaFuUOdDbyEb3LTtIkVUL-GHa4UmwaAhygEALw_wcB

Thank you for the response!!

So i just got back from my docs appointment and it turns out the excessive diarrhea is not normal, most likely i have slme kind of infection. He has sent me for a stool test on Monday then I've got another appointment with him on Thursday to discuss the results of the test. He said the most i should be going is 4 times daily.

He also wants to rule out dairy intolerance, so he's asked me to change my Protein Shakes. He also asked me to try the probiotic. You were spot on!

As for the Poopouri, thats so funny cos i ordered it a couple days ago from Amazon.

Thanks again for your response, it was definitely spot on!!

Try buying raw sauerkraut in your store and only drinking a spoon of the Fluid, or using kefir in your smoothies. It will do the same thing as the raw kraut juice.

I hope you don't have an infection. They tested me for the bad bugs and luckily I turned up negative on them! Woooh. Big relief!!

Sorry for your struggles. I'm still hoping it's a partial ileus and dairy intolerance for you!!! Big D is not fun!