Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

Maintaing under 130, have walked 1+ miles 15/18 days this month.

Took a nap yesterday! I sent several thank you emails this morning, I'm counting that as compliments.

PC, iPhone & iPad.

Yes, I'm also thoroughly tracked I'm certain. I use some mined data for work (not online tracking though), so I don't look at it as completely nefarious.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:59 AM, GreenTealael said:

1119673627_Screenshot_2019-08-19-08-51-182.thumb.png.ea8fefd40dcf74d3ff0adad4def86cca.png 431909111_3072b4ffc635b245_CalendarPinterest_1_(1)(1)2.thumb.jpg.8ced4032558de7f11364d392601b3b76.jpg

August 20th

• August challenge goal 5 pounds (maintaining my bounce weight)
  • Starting weight 140 BMI 23
  • Today’s weight 134 BMI 22.3

Recovering from my leg work out yesterday. Strenght trained upper body.

Enjoy nature: Does mowing the lawn tonight count?

Good morning all.

Day 19
I'm 3 days post OP and my goal for this challenge was to seamlessly transition to a post wls lifestyle with all I've gleaned from this site and my team and everywhere else. I'll say that every day has been a revelation! I'm so thankful for feeling better daily. I've not weighed myself and have zero interest doing so because my bloat from IV and gas is kind of obvious to see so why bother. I've been able to stick to broths, Water, sugar free Jello and herbal tea since post OP. I occasionally feel a twinge of something watching my family eat regular food but I get over it really quickly.

Compliment someone:
I'll have to give the bulk of my compliments to my husband and daughters. They have handled all the changes thus far like champions! There's nothing more endearing than my 8 year old making me my sugar free jello from the powder and making sure I finish it. They hug me very gingerly so they don't cause pain and they are very attentive. I've been complimenting them daily and having renewed appreciation for them. My husband brings fresh flowers so our home smells like a floral garden.

I have also sent edible arrangements to the unit nurses and CNAs that cared for me in the hospital because they were an amazing and genuine bunch!

Day 20
Nature walk: hmm, maybe I'll go hiking when the sun goes down tonight as I missed it for this morning.
Today is post OP class where I get advanced!! Yay!!! Sugar free yoghurt has never seem so scrumptious! Can't wait!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Headed off to the gym to do strength training. We have big storms headed this way so I’ll have to postpone my bike ride on the nature path. I hope it clears up enough to go later today.

My husband got a bike too so I’m excited to have someone to ride around with. Mixing it up helps break up the monotony and boredom that I get while exercising.

@Deedee12 You are off to a fantastic start! That was so nice of you to send the staff a thank you gift.

Edited by Cheeseburgh

3 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

August 20th

• August challenge goal 5 pounds (maintaining my bounce weight)
  • Starting weight 140 BMI 23
  • Today’s weight 134 BMI 22.3

Recovering from my leg work out yesterday. Strenght trained upper body.

Enjoy nature: Does mowing the lawn tonight count?

😂 only if you enjoyed it 😂

Headed off to the gym to do strength training. We have big storms headed this way so I’ll have to postpone my bike ride on the nature path. I hope it clears up enough to go later today.
My husband got a bike too so I’m excited to have someone to ride around with. Mixing it up helps break up the monotony and boredom that I get while exercising.
[mention=362582]Deedee12[/mention] You are off to a fantastic start! That was so nice of you to send the staff a thank you gift.
Thanks Cheeseburgh!![emoji169]
I'm looking at bikes too. My current one is so rusty! Catwoman's bike looks great!

Day 20:

Enjoy nature.
Well we will be short-handed at work, which means I’ll be putting in extra time at the drive-thru. So I’ll do my best to focus on the outside view rather than be frustrated by getting farther and farther behind.
Did an hour long Pilates class this morning, which is some pretty awesome destressor and strength.

Spending the remaining time I have before work menu planning the next couple of days and doing some laundry.

I’m not going to do yoga but I’ll do some stretching. For cardio today I’m going to go on a bike ride. I still have to adjust my bike though, I think that will take a few rides to get it sorted out.

My 1 year follow up with my surgeon is in an hour! Times flies.

Day 21

Vgs: 8/16/19, 5 days post OP
SW: 213 (yes, food funerals spoke loudly)
Day after surgery weight: 224
CW: Not weighed myself and don't plan to until bloating is gone.

In the gym waiting for 8:30 spin class of which I will pedal extremely gingerly and at the slowest pace for me possible.
Then Yin Yoga is the next class. I signed up for that too.

1 minute ago, Deedee12 said:

Day 21

In the gym waiting for 8:30 spin class of which I will pedal extremely gingerly and at the slowest pace for me possible.

Girlfriend. Did your doctor tell you it was ok to spin at 2 days out from surgery? That's hellah different (even pedalling slow) from walking. Also, don't do yoga yet either! That takes engaging your core muscles and it's way too soon for that. You could very easily get a leak from popping your staple line. You really need to just walk...

Edited by FluffyChix

16 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

Day 21

sPiN cLaSs ?!?!?!?!

On 08/21/2019 at 10:30, Deedee12 said:

Day 21

Please be careful my friend, your core will thank you later.

I started walking on my treadmill 3 days PO, but it was like 2.5mph for 15-20 mins at a time 2x daily and even then I had to slow down a bit when I could feel my incisions “pulling”

Started Pilates at 4 weeks PO, but with restricted core movements (think 10-15 second planks instead of >30 seconds for beginners).
All in all, it pretty much pushed me to the limits and kicked my a** more days than it didn’t.

Chiming in @Deedee12 ... the gym will still be there, after you heal.

Give your body a chance to recover first :)

Omg!!! Thank you guys so much!! I got on that bike and within the first 5 mins, I was like, no and I left the gym altogether!!!

They said stationary bike was allowed so I just assumed I could do it, NOPE!!!

Yin yoga is gentle movements but after 5 mins at spin, I just knew this is all too soon. I'll keep walking around my living room.

I so appreciate your advice and input, I can't imagine if I didn't have this group and was shuttling in the dark!🧡[emoji169]🧡[emoji169]🧡🧡[emoji7]