Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💜AUGUST 2019 CHALLENGE💜

Day 13:

Thanks to this challenge that is expanding my horizon, I went to muscle class instead of studio cycle at the gym today and I barely got to the 30mins mark before I begged off. Luckily I was by the door so I stylishly snuck out!! THAT WAS HARD!!!!!!! I still hurt all over! Makes spin class look like babycakes!

Listen to a podcast: I didn't get to this. I do have a list that I made from suggestions on this forum.....hoping to get to it as I recuperate from surgery.

Best lie: hmmm...... my family knows not to include me in a lie or conspiracy as I give it up inadvertently! No joke! It takes energy and concentration that I occasionally lack.

That being said, I lied to a colleague who is a serious arrogant showboat that I couldn't attend an event he invited me to (which was primarily to show off) because I will be out of town!!....I don't regret the lie

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks Karen!! Don't know how I missed your comment. I LOVE "Bad moms"! One of my mommy and me night was spent watching that movie and I laughed so hard as we all could identify.

I hope you are feeling and doing better??

@Cheeseburgh I'd totally take that compliment. Your new age is 45!

4 hours ago, Deedee12 said:

Listen to a podcast: I didn't get to this. I do have a list that I made from suggestions on this forum.....hoping to get to it as I recuperate from surgery.

That sounds amazing. You don't happen to have the list in a shareable format do you? If so, I'd be truly interested if it's not too much work...

Day 14. Well, went to the gym and chose the strength setting on the cardio machine so that was 30 minutes of that plus approximately 16 minutes of weights. I wanted to see what the cardio setting was like and I actually enjoyed it while getting my sweat on. I'm going to have to try them all now. Well, it's the middle of the week and a work day and not a good day for a day trip. I did make it to the dentist this morning for a crown but I don't suppose that counts. I'll have to think of something for this weekend...

Happy halfway day!

August 14th

Starting weight 140 –
Personal goal 5 pounds this challenge –
Sleeve - losing my maintaining/10 pound bounce weight.
Current weight – 139 Gained all my loss back.This month is not over. I'm back in weight loss mode.

Ran this morning. Crap food for the last few days is hurting my speed. Hunger is back. Time to detox

Take a day trip: Walked around a ghost town yesterday. 20190813_131007.thumb.jpg.eba786b0bc56273bb555378e3dab3a87.jpg

I’m soooo sore from strength training yesterday, no way I can do it today too. I am starting an every other day routine. Today I did cardio and I think we might actually go bowling tonight. I am a terrible bowler but I’m game to give it a whirl. I just want to get out of the house and off the couch.

I’ll count going to the bowling place as a day trip since I’ve never been there before!

13 - Podcast ... done on my drive to the airport

14 - Day trip ... on an overnight business trip, so I'm making that count

Day 15. I did make it to the gym this morning and got my 30 minutes of cardio in. I didn't have time for anything else though. Color or paint? Well maybe I'll paint my nails tonight....but funny because I was thinking I really need to work on my office/studio room so that I can paint freely whenever the mood strikes. Or maybe, I'll play with my colored pencils this evening...hmmm. I'll let you know the results tomorrow. :)

I’m still beyond sore from that workout, I skipped weight lifting today again. I cringe even trying to sit down. I’m kind of mad at the trainer right now. I did do cardio, but a lot slower than usual.

Ill go to the gym tomorrow and use lighter weights. I probably will only do upper body, my legs are still incredibly sore. I’ll let the trainer know how sore I am if I see him.

I didn’t paint or color anything today!

Got admitted to hospital tonight but wanted to send one thing that I had meant to contribute to a 'B side' question asked with the past 10 days..lol I know, I am SOOO behind.

B side questions:

Best lie you’ve ever told:

When my family was living in Guam (Air Force brat) – it was the middle of the summer and I decided to try to get my younger brother to wake up faster so I tip-toed next to his bed and whispered in his ear “Santa Clause came!!”. I’ve never seen my brother move so fast. He was out of bed and into the living room before it dawned on him it wasn’t even Christmas time. That memory makes both of us laugh to this day although I still think he gets a “salty look” in his eye…LOL

Day 14:
Day trip: I took a day trip to work Its a 45Mins drive sans traffic so that ought to count.

I have not had the balls to return to muscle class so did some yin yoga last night and it felt "easy" after muscle class

Day 15:
My 8 year old is the artistic soul in the family. She drew a picture of Girl's scout troop logo that she wanted a cake made out of for their welcome party on Saturday. We both colored it together and she judged me and said I colored in the line 🤨

I'm not making it to the gym today because 1. I'm shockingly having mini freak out moments in anticipation of surgery tomorrow.
2. I'm shockingly tired/weak from clear liquid diet that I seriously only have to do a day before surgery!!! I'm making the Clear Liquids sugar free and I guess my body is just getting the memo!

As I go into surgery, I want to dramatically take this moment to thank each and everyone of you. Can't describe the value of the support but I hope you can tell how sincerely grateful I am for ALL the words of wisdom, inspiration and motivation!!

I pray I see you on the other side soon.

2 minutes ago, Deedee12 said:

I'm not making it to the gym today because 1. I'm shockingly having mini freak out moments in anticipation of surgery tomorrow.
2. I'm shockingly tired/weak from clear liquid diet that I seriously only have to do a day before surgery!!! I'm making the Clear Liquids sugar free and I guess my body is just getting the memo!

As I go into surgery, I want to dramatically take this moment to thank each and everyone of you. Can't describe the value of the support but I hope you can tell how sincerely grateful I am for ALL the words of wisdom, inspiration and motivation!![

Deedee12 - you are doing such an amazing job! I can't wait to hear from you as soon as you are up to getting on a computer. Best Wishes and Virtual Hugs coming your way!!