Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I never eat dressings anymore because one serving usually has more calories than the entire salad I'm eating 😒

The exception is Mayonnaise in egg, chicken, salmon salad

Instead I would add seasonings and a sprinkle of lemon or the Protein im eating with the salad would be enough to dress it

Congratulations on making it work! 💜

Don't judge...but I've trained myself to really love some of the Walden Farms zero cal dressings. :)

Italian Vinaigrette

Asian Vinaigrette

Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette

And I can spice up some so they are "ok":

Thousand Island

French

Cocktail Sauce

Bacon Ranch

Blue Cheese

Chipotle Ranch

And if I add extra Bragg's vinegar, I like the Amazin' mayo in both regular and chipotle. I also add more spices. :) The trade off is no extra calories for the moisture. :) Better living through chemistry...just sayin...

33 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Don't judge...but I've trained myself to really love some of the Walden Farms zero cal dressings. :)

Italian Vinaigrette

Asian Vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Thousand Island

French

Cocktail Sauce

Bacon Ranch

Blue Cheese

Chipotle Ranch

And if I add extra Bragg's vinegar, I like the Amazin' mayo in both regular and chipotle. I also add more spices. :) The trade off is no extra calories for the moisture. :) Better living through chemistry...just sayin...

I eat my salad dry like my eyes after a breakup 😂

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I never eat dressings anymore because one serving usually has more calories than the entire salad I'm eating 😒

The exception is Mayonnaise in egg, chicken, salmon salad

Instead I would add seasonings and a sprinkle of lemon or the Protein im eating with the salad would be enough to dress it

Congratulations on making it work! 💜

Thank you, I will start trying that. Also, I'm finding while staying within my carb intake, I'm going over my fats. Can I change it to higher fats, with the same amount of carbs.

Maybe:

Carbs 35g

Fat: 50 ?

1 minute ago, heycrystal2052 said:

Thank you, I will start trying that. Also, I'm finding while staying within my carb intake, I'm going over my fats. Can I change it to higher fats, with the same amount of carbs.

Maybe:

Carbs 35g

Also, salsa and pico makes great dressing, as does a spoon of plain Greek yogurt with seasonings and a little vinegar.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Italian Vinaigrette

Asian Vinaigrette

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Thousand Island

French

Cocktail Sauce

Bacon Ranch

Blue Cheese

Chipotle Ranch

I'm a dressing person too :) The more vinegretty, the better.

Here is my go-to vinegrette recipe that I make in batches of and keep in fridge. It is based on the recipe from this link (https://www.thespruceeats.com/low-calorie-asian-salad-dressing-2238967) , but with my own substitutions to make it lower-cal:

Serving: 1 tablespoon (7 cals, 1 NET carb)

1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons bragg's liquid soy seasoning
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon stevia
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1 lime (juice)

(sometimes I'll add come chopped up jalapeño for some kick, or up the vinegar content a bit)

Edited by ms.sss

Gosh that sounds fabulous! I'm gonna make it!!

34 minutes ago, heycrystal2052 said:

Maybe:

Carbs 35g

This I'm uncertain about as fats are not problem to me , I tolerate them well and apparently I always exceed them according to MFP

Your tolerance may not be the same

@FluffyChix @GreenTealael @ms.sss

YES, I forgot about that Salad Dressing, I think I have a bottle in my fridge. I'm going to make some chicken when I get home, I will cut them up and eat them as a snack. I feel like I'm starting all over again, and in some ways, I am. Is there a such thing as "good" fats vs. "bad" fats? Right now, my fat intake is sitting at 56g. My body doesn't have an issue with it, but I don't want to hinder my weight loss potential either. Well, I'll correct that...my gall bladder being out, does give me issues with fat. But I don't know how much fat has to be consumed to get to that point.

I feel like what I used to enjoy as a snack, I now have to kick most out. Dried banana chips w/ some Peanut Butter - Cherries - mixed nuts w/ chocolate and raisins- etc. :(

Working with a group of Dr's isn't easy, there is ALWAYS so many damn goodies. I kept saying "One piece will not hurt..." "Oh, just on the weekends, I'll have a burger ..ice cream..pizza..you know how the rest goes. Over several months, it sure does hurt...it's about 40 to 50 pound hurt.

I changed EVERYTHING I ate and am using My Carbs app and am sticking to it, without faltering. I am down 7 pounds and I'm very happy I'm back on track, thank you for all of your feedback and advice. I'm still a bit confused when it comes to the fats, I seem to always go over. I spoke to one of my Dr's in the office (I work in a Dr's office) and they looked at my app and said, my fats are high but the fats are also good fats.

I guess that's a good thing?

I am now making sugar free pudding w/ a dollop of whip cream, I had no idea there was sugar and carbs in MILK! I'm going back to my almond milk, but for my pudding, I will use FairLife.

:)

Way to rock it! :) Congrats on the 7lbs loss!!

I kinda feel like if fat isn't making you feel bad and you're losing weight and are satisfied by it, then is it too much for you? I don't think so. :) Especially if it's healthy fat. :)

1 hour ago, heycrystal2052 said:

I changed EVERYTHING I ate and am using My Carbs app and am sticking to it, without faltering. I am down 7 pounds and I'm very happy I'm back on track, thank you for all of your feedback and advice. I'm still a bit confused when it comes to the fats, I seem to always go over. I spoke to one of my Dr's in the office (I work in a Dr's office) and they looked at my app and said, my fats are high but the fats are also good fats.

I am now making sugar free pudding w/ a dollop of whip cream, I had no idea there was sugar and carbs in MILK! I'm going back to my almond milk, but for my pudding, I will use FairLife.

Excellent job! You are awesome for turning things around and losing those 7lbs.

RE: fats..like Fluffy said above, if it's working for you, keep doing it ♥️

Looking forward to your next update...

Edited by ms.sss

1 hour ago, heycrystal2052 said:

👑 Yasssssssssssssssssssssss Queen 👑

On 7/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, GreenTealael said:

You estimated that you eat over 100g carbs daily... But this sounds like an oddly high amount of carbs for just yogurt/tuna/beans/citrus. What kind of yogurt, salad dressings and sauces are you eating in addition?

Ex. Chobani blueberry vs Chobani plain yogurt

You may need to incorporate less of the carb dense foods (beans are carb heavy, but Fiber heavy too) with salads like with 1/4 cup of Beans instead of just1 cup of beans

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-10-46.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-10-57.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-09-06.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-08-21.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-08-46.png

Screenshot_2019-07-30-17-09-22.png

There are plain greek yogurts with WAY less carbs and calories out there. Fage Total 0% fat for 1 whole cup has - 23g Protein, 7 carbs 0 Fat. Try switching up your yogurt. Chiobani is not the best for what you are trying to do and has too much sugar too. Skyr icelandic yogurt is great too.

7 hours ago, Serengirl said:

There are plain greek yogurts with WAY less carbs and calories out there. Fage Total 0% fat for 1 whole cup has - 23g Protein, 7 carbs 0 Fat. Try switching up your yogurt. Chiobani is not the best for what you are trying to do and has too much sugar too. Skyr icelandic yogurt is great too.

Hi!

That was for 2 servings, tastes and preferences may vary. I personally eat several types of plain greeks, all for different purposes

1 hour ago, northumb1 said:

Anyone still struggling to keep to a consistent Keto plan? I am recommending to anyone here that would like a custom diet plan just by answering a 30 second quiz. Scientific research and proven studies have found that personalised ketogenic diet plans that maximise fat burning via the correct calories and macronutrients for each individual. Click Here to start the quiz:http://bit.ly/Customketodietquiz

Nope. Love my version. 100% diet satisfaction. Wish it could be higher, like a meeeeeelllllioooooonnnnnn %, but I'm told that's impossible. :D