Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, everyone!

It is great to be back, I haven't seen you all in almost two years. I had the sleeve in 11/2015 and to date, I've gained 40 pounds. I'm not happy with the weight gain, but I'm thankful it isn't a huge amount to lose. I had one bite of cake and you know the story, I was back in that crap routine of eating, crap.

I'm focused now!!

Alright, the point of this post. I'll get to it. ☺️

Keto or no Keto. Last October, I had to get my gall bladder out and since then, whenever I go overboard on fats, I know about it within hours. :( Therefore, 100% Keto isn't for me. HOWEVER, I read about Dirty Keto. Have any of you tried that and if so, what are your thought?

Also, I downloaded Carb Manager, but I can't seem to get the numbers where I want them.

This is what I'm aiming for:

New carbs: 35

Fat: 23

Protein: 80

Calories: 80

Because this is set for Keto, it isn't letting me hit the numbers exactly. Do you think MyFitnessPal, would be a better fit?

Thanks so much and again, it's great to be back! 🤗

Yay! Welcome back girl! I missed you!

So I don't do "keto" by the modern definition with a wad of fat cuz it makes me want to hurl.

:)

I do kind of Dukan style. Lower fat LCHF. And I use MFP. Here's my goal but you can easily adjust to have more Protein and less fat. :) I was doing 70 g protein and even less fat. And it was easy if you applied yourself.

image.thumb.png.b20083fe2d63c1c79a66af89f1f0fc6c.png

1 hour ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Is that for one meal?

That's for the day 😕 Are my numbers off?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Yay! Welcome back girl! I missed you!

So I don't do "keto" by the modern definition with a wad of fat cuz it makes me want to hurl.

:)

I do kind of Dukan style. Lower fat LCHF. And I use MFP. Here's my goal but you can easily adjust to have more Protein and less fat. :) I was doing 70 g Protein and even less fat. And it was easy if you applied yourself.

image.thumb.png.b20083fe2d63c1c79a66af89f1f0fc6c.png

I missed you too, I need to bookmark this on my home laptop!!

Are my number a bit concerning? I wanted to keep the fats a minimum, but for you the 50g works? When I looked at this online, the numbers were different per site. lol

Mine fluctuate really. If I'm having an issue, then I eat less fat and just end up eating fewer cals for the day. It's not that much per meal, lean Protein plus maybe 1/2tsp of olive oil or 1oz of avocado. It adds up very quickly. So it's not as if I'm eating gooey cheesy casseroles dense in cals/fat. Right?

And pretty much, if we still have fat strapped to our as*es, we have enough "fat" that we won't go into rabbit starvation (too high protein and too low fat). LOL. The body will just choose to burn the fat on our bum rather than the fat in our diet. :) So these are just a loose guide for me each day. Even my protein fluctuates. Some days I eat way higher than that and other days I struggle. I just don't force it anymore and my protein, albumin, and pre-albumin are just perfect every test. So I don't worry.

I'm usually in the 36-45g of fat per day very loosely. No tummy issues. But if I did that in one meal? I'd be in trouble. :)

You (and everyone) should come join us on the daily menu thread. We eat all different kinds of diets there. We just started it. But I love it for being a touchstone!

Here they are if you want to target 80g of Protein and 30g total carbs (non-netted)

image.png.b54aa70f64ba00ff2a2cff781dfedede.png

2 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

This is what I'm aiming for:

New carbs: 35

Fat: 23

Protein: 80

Calories: 80

Because this is set for Keto, it isn't letting me hit the numbers exactly. Do you think MyFitnessPal, would be a better fit?

Do you mean 800 calories?

This website has a handy calculator that you can customize to figure out where you can set at:

https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

Edited by ms.sss

10 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Do you mean 800 calories?

This website has a handy calculator that you can customize to figure out where you can set at:

https://www.ruled.me/keto-calculator/

Thank you so much, I meant I'd like to stay within 1000 to 1100 calories.

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Here they are if you want to target 80g of Protein and 30g total carbs (non-netted)

image.png.b54aa70f64ba00ff2a2cff781dfedede.png

O.o don't know if I'm using this app correctly, but it is reading 24.1% carbs - 35% protein- 41%fat. I can't read this thing for crap :( I still have to eat dinner and my afternoon snack.

When I get home I'll be able to really look through the forums, I'd love to join a group that centers around daily meals.

Yeah the Ruled Me calc is cool. So here's the thing. If you keep fat low, then your only other choice is to up the Protein and up the carbs. And both of those will keep you out of ketosis. But it could still be a low carb diet.

For instance, here is one at 1000cals:

image.png.0c44341477fd72b35d853914d4b552ad.png

I'd bet dollars for donuts you would never see ketosis. But would it be healthy? It could be. If you aren't super duper metabolically broken and make good carb choices (leafy greens, low glycemic veg, etc)...

29 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yeah the Ruled Me calc is cool. So here's the thing. If you keep fat low, then your only other choice is to up the Protein and up the carbs. And both of those will keep you out of ketosis. But it could still be a low carb diet.

For instance, here is one at 1000cals:

image.png.0c44341477fd72b35d853914d4b552ad.png

I'd bet dollars for donuts you would never see ketosis. But would it be healthy? It could be. If you aren't super duper metabolically broken and make good carb choices (leafy greens, low glycemic veg, etc)...

I don't want to hit Ketosis, that's scary to me. BUT, I do want become a bit more strict with my carbs and fat's. I was VERY BAD these last several months. My carbs, I'm sure, we well over 100g :( Every other day..

You don't need to eat fat to go into ketosis, which is all the real goal is of the "keto diet". The fat globs people are eating now are just to help people feel fuller... but absolutely unnecessary. You can do low carb, low fat and enter ketosis all the same and not feel icky.

13 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

You don't need to eat fat to go into ketosis, which is all the real goal is of the "keto diet". The fat globs people are eating now are just to help people feel fuller... but absolutely unnecessary. You can do low carb, low fat and enter ketosis all the same and not feel icky.

Absolutely agree. The prob that I can see is that she has a "set calorie threshold" that she wants to stay within and your cals are made up on only the 3 macros: Protein, fat, carbs. So if you keep carbs low enough to get into keto...for most of us that's around 30g total carb max, then you have to fill up her calorie threshold with either protein or fat. OR drop the cals. :) Which is what I do. So she either has to eat a ton of protein (which can keep you out of ketosis) or she has to eat a wad of fat, which none of us need right now. Right? The solution is to really simply just hit your daily protein goal, stay at your carb # that you've set and let fat fall until you are comfortable and where those cals end up are where they end up. Mine usually is somewhere between 650-850 per day using that general rule.