Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitting in all my favorite foods

On the eve eve of starting my liquid diet, I'm trying to get in those foods that I love. I'm having sushi, miso Soup, and a crab rangoon for lunch (Lunch special). Don't know what for dinner and daytime tomorrow, but tomorrow night my sister is cooking me a feast! Lemon chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, and my fav, green bean casserole (she's a doll). What other foods do you think I should try to get in (before people get testy, I'm still eating smaller portions because I've completely changed my diet)? Anything you were sad you didn't get a last taste of?

Don't worry about people getting testy ...

Enjoy your meals! They all sound healthy in comparison to just eating nutritionally empty things

Your sister sounds amazing

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Don't worry about people getting testy ...

Enjoy your meals! They all sound healthy in comparison to just eating nutritionally empty things

Your sister sounds amazing

My sister is amazing. Last night she sent me before and after pics of a friend of hers who had the sleeve a year ago, said just in case I needed some motivation. She's also taking my husband and I to the hospital (have to check in at 5:30am) since my husband doesn't drive (medical issues) and picking me up whenever I'm discharged. She's taking good care of me.

I did some of that, too - not a lot, but some. The thing is, at some point you'll be able to eat a lot of those foods again, so it's not like a permanent farewell. Everyone's different, of course, but the only food on your list that I have a hard time tolerating anymore would be the crab rangoon. The fat in it wouldn't sit well with my stomach. A bite or two would probably "work", though.

11 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I did some of that, too - not a lot, but some. The thing is, at some point you'll be able to eat a lot of those foods again, so it's not like a permanent farewell. Everyone's different, of course, but the only food on your list that I have a hard time tolerating anymore would be the crab rangoon. The fat in it wouldn't sit well with my stomach. A bite or two would probably "work", though.

I could go forever not having crab rangoon... this is my goodbye. But sushi and miso Soup are life! I know I'll be able to have them again so I'm alright. Don't know about pickled ginger though... that will probably bother my stomach and that makes me sad.

10 minutes ago, apiane said:

I could go forever not having crab rangoon... this is my goodbye. But sushi and miso Soup are life! I know I'll be able to have them again so I'm alright. Don't know about pickled ginger though... that will probably bother my stomach and that makes me sad.

I can eat pickled ginger, so you may be fine. Ginger is actually calming for stomachs (don't know about whatever they pickle it in, though - but whatever it is, it doesn't bother MY stomach)

8 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I can eat pickled ginger, so you may be fine. Ginger is actually calming for stomachs (don't know about whatever they pickle it in, though - but whatever it is, it doesn't bother MY stomach)

Well that's encouraging. I know ginger is good for the stomach, I just thought the pickling would cause irritation. But good. I love the stuff.

No, I didn't have any food funerals, but enjoy yours.

I just ate normally honestly. I would have mini panic attacks worrying about foods I wouldn’t be able to eat anymore (because I’m a food addict). However,post surgery, I don’t miss any of it I have a Boston cream pie in my fridge that I have no desire to touch, I don’t even have a taste for it. I’m thankful for this tool because, clearly, I was losing my battle with food addiction

I should have had a food funeral but didn't think of it urgh! What I'm craving is a nice piece of chocolate Cheesecake! Yum!

20 minutes ago, summerset said:

Alas, food funerals don't prevent post-op cravings. ;)

Oh I'm sure I'm going to still want green bean casserole. But at Thanksgiving I can have a tablespoon of it and be happy. That's my hope.

Hopefully. Green bean casserole doesn't sound like something one would have a food funeral on though. However, I'm not familiar with Thanksgiving foods. Is it something especially calorie rich?

On 07/27/2019 at 10:30, apiane said:

Well that's encouraging. I know ginger is good for the stomach, I just thought the pickling would cause irritation. But good. I love the stuff.

I have no issue with pickled foods of any sort, including ginger

On 07/27/2019 at 15:14, summerset said:

Hopefully. Green bean casserole doesn't sound like something one would have a food funeral on though. However, I'm not familiar with Thanksgiving foods. Is it something especially calorie rich?

It has cream of mushroom Soup and fried onions in it. It’s just kinda carb heavy.