Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WeighInRadio - From 465 to 250 and beyond!

My names Don Moe, and I'm a recovering food addict.

I've been addicted to sugar and carbs my entire life. Like most, I've dieted and exercised and had a lot of success over the years, but it never lasted and the weight always came back and then some.

For me, bariatric surgery saved my life. It was have surgery or get ready to live life as a 500 lb male. It was a last ditch effort to save me. I was on a collision course with death, one bite at a time. Consuming well north of 4500 calories a day I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. My life, like my weight, was completely out of control.

My surgeon told me... "stay strict to the program and you will lose 170 lbs in the first year". At my 6 month check in I was 170 lbs down. By month 14 I was 250 lbs gone. It's been a wild roller coaster of a ride. the ups and downs have all been worth it.

For me, my bariatric journey has NOT been one focused on weight loss. To me, weight loss was a by product of getting my eating disorder in check. I had the VSG in February of 2017. Since then it's been a mental journey on discovering who I was, but more importantly who I wanted to be. A lot of the old me died the day I had surgery. I don't even know who he was. A lot of him, the parts I loved, I kept, but for the most part I've completely re-invented who I wanted to be from the ground up.

It caused me to make some VERY difficult decisions in my life, which included me ending an 18 year marriage, because it was what was best for me. It's not been easy.

Early in my journey, I decided to be accepting of my choice to have surgery. For me, that meant being completely transparent and open and willing to discuss my journey with others. From the start it caused many people I met, to my utter shock, to tell me that I was an inspiration and huge motivator to them on their journey. This got me to thinking. If my story can motivate and inspire others, what could your story do for others on their journey?

Last year I started a pod-cast called WeighInRadio. On any weight loss journey, the weigh in, is most often the most stressful part. Our guests join us on air monthly to "weigh in" on weight loss topics so you can determine what works for you. Our hope and goal is that you will take bits and pieces from each of our guests and episodes allowing you to custom tailor a weight loss plan that will work for you.

The podcast supports people, not specific weight loss methods. It's not just for bariatric patients. From South beach to surgery, from Atkins to Keto to traditional diet and exercise we support and discuss anything and everything that could help you on your weight loss journey. Its a grass roots movement created by the people for the people and our growth has been amazing!

If anything over my 40 years, I've learned one thing as it relates to weight loss. So here it is...

There is no magic one size fits all solution to weight loss. Shocking right?

You have to figure out what will work for you, and it will only work for you. Could it work for others? Sure..... but it most likely won't and that's OK!

I'm a firm believer that we all contain within us the ability to impact someones life. It our choice if that impact will be a positive one or a negative one. My inbox is always open and I'm more than willing to help any of you in any way that I can. I'm couldn't happier to be joining the bariatricpal community.

Message me anytime, and good luck on your own journey of discovery!

DonMoe.JPG

7 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I 💜 podcasts

I know right? Give us a listen and let me know what you think. We are always looking for new folks to come on air to share their stories. If you'd ever consider it, let me know. I would be honored to help you tell your story with the world.

We can be found on all the major podcast platforms. iTunes, GooglePlayMusic, Stitcher, Spotify, etc... Or even our website. www.weighinradio.com

You look GREAT! Congratulations!!

I love this! Thank you for sharing because alot of time people think that overweight people are just lazy and unmotivated. I'll definitely be listening!

I couldn't agree more! Congratulations on your success and I will definitely be tuning in. Thanks 😊

7 hours ago, WeighInRadio said:

If anything over my 40 years, I've learned one thing as it relates to weight loss. So here it is...

There is no magic one size fits all solution to weight loss. Shocking right?

You have to figure out what will work for you, and it will only work for you. Could it work for others? Sure..... but it most likely won't and that's OK!

I couldn't agree more! Congratulations on your success. I will definitely be tuning in. Thanks!

10 hours ago, WeighInRadio said:

I know right? Give us a listen and let me know what you think. We are always looking for new folks to come on air to share their stories. If you'd ever consider it, let me know. I would be honored to help you tell your story with the world.

We can be found on all the major podcast platforms. iTunes, GooglePlayMusic, Stitcher, Spotify, etc... Or even our website. www.weighinradio.com

Listened! Really enjoyed it , I'm impressed 🏆

On 7/27/2019 at 2:12 AM, GreenTealael said:

Listened! Really enjoyed it , I'm impressed 🏆

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I appreciate you taking the time to listen, and to provide me with some feedback. 💚

On 7/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sharon B A said:

I love this! Thank you for sharing because alot of time people think that overweight people are just lazy and unmotivated. I'll definitely be listening!

Obesity is NOT about people being lazy... It's a disease. A medical condition that millions of people seek no treatment for yearly.

I believe this so much that I blogged about it last week.

Obesity is Not Your Fault:

http://weighinradio.com/blog-post/obesity-is-not-your-fault/

But that doesn't mean obesity isn't your responsibility! Take care of yourself people. There is nothing weak about asking for help. It's probably one of the most courageous things you will ever do in your life.

Your story is AMAZING!! I had LapBand, then had it removed and Gastric sleeve June 20. Where can I find your podcast?

I would love to listen, and contribute. I think as men, we can help tons of other men and women. You story is a superstar story. Lets connect later this week. I am CA.

Brian,

Thanks for your kind words. It's just my story... it's all I know, but it makes me happy that it resonates with others.

I agree. As males in the bariatric community we are few and far between. I have actually spoke about the lack of male participation in a few of our current episodes. Drawing more awareness to men and encouraging them to see help with obesity is something I'm absolutely passionate about.

As far as the podcast goes..., We can be found on all the major podcast platforms. iTunes, GooglePlayMusic, Stitcher, Spotify, etc... Just Search "Weigh In Radio"

Or you can even listen via our website. www.weighinradio.com

Feel free to email me direct as well. I'd love to chat.

DonMoe@weighinradio.com

12 hours ago, llfonseca said:

U look amazing

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! It's not been an easy road. Mentally, I still struggle... same as everyone else.... But I feel 1,000X better than I ever have.