Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too Much Protein?

Is it possible to consume too much Protein in a day, assuming you're getting plenty of fluids and still eat the appropriate portion sizes?

I believe so.

I hope not, I'm getting an awful lot.

Capture.PNG

17 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

That's some high sodium @GradyCat

Not really when combined with a very low carb diet.

I was getting 90-120 gms on the days I workout, in part because I'm not absorbing Protein well. Low blood levels of protein. My weight loss slowed to a crawl. So I decided I was consuming too much protein.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Capture.PNG

By no means is this criticism, but do you eat any fruit or veggies? I'm curious how others in the post surgery phase get by day to day with meals. This screenshot is devoid of them and I wondered if it was normal for you.

I have Kidney Function tests annually, a full CBC, Liver function etc, This is because I have one Kidney and a fatty liver. Also a thing called MGUS.

Anyway, my nephrologist, hematologist, both told me, as a Kidney Donor, avoid red meat. Eat any animal meat rarely if ever, but especially red meat. I am close to being a pesca-vegetarian, but eat meat occasionally.

The RNY reduces the amount of Protein we adsorb, so I think we should stick to whatever our program or surgeon recommends.

Ask your Dr to include Kidney function tests in your next blood work, and do so annually. That should help alleviate your concern.

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Capture.PNG

What program/App do you use to product this. Looks awesome.

48 minutes ago, ValerieInMexico said:

What program/App do you use to product this. Looks awesome.

MyFitnessPal.com It's FREE!

1 hour ago, Jobber said:

By no means is this criticism, but do you eat any fruit or veggies? I'm curious how others in the post surgery phase get by day to day with meals. This screenshot is devoid of them and I wondered if it was normal for you.

I'm currently on a 60-day "Carnivore Diet" with my husband who is doing it to improve his blood sugar and inflammation (He's diabetic). We're eating nothing but meat, cheese, and eggs for 60 days.

Just now, GradyCat said:

I'm currently on a 60-day "Carnivore Diet" with my husband who is doing it to improve his blood sugar and inflammation (He's diabetic). We're eating nothing but meat, cheese, and eggs for 60 days.

How's your hubs bg? And FBG? How much has he lost now? TY!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

How's your hubs bg? And FBG? How much has he lost now? TY!

Thanks for asking. He's lost 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks and his fasting blood glucose went from averaging 130's to 140's down to 91 or 92. He also has a little less back pain (inflammation) now. He's 56 years old and started out weighing 270.

5 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

Thanks for asking. He's lost 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks and his fasting blood glucose went from averaging 130's to 140's down to 91 or 92. He also has a little less back pain (inflammation) now. He's 56 years old and started out weighing 270.

That's fabulous! I've been contemplating that change for Mr. F. I don't know if my guts can handle that right now since they are barely moving as is. LOL. But we've brought his bgs down from 200+ to now around 110ish and I'd love to see more days in the 90s!

Congrats to him on his weight loss!! 12.5lbs is outstanding--especially with T2 (in 2 weeks)!!!!

How is your loss going right now? Are you still losing?