Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ What's on the Menu? πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

Breakfast: Boiled egg & 1oz Turkey Sausage

Pre Gym: Unico Athena Pre Workout

Post Gym: Unico Yumino BCAAs

lunch: 2 oz Blackened Shrimp & Bellpeppers

Snack: 1/2 Colby Jack snack Stick

Dinner: 2 oz Shredded chicken & 2 Brussels

And yes before anyone asks my surgeon is aware of my pre & post gym drinks we started back when I resumed hitting the weights pretty hard (which yes I’m also cleared for)

8 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

And yes before anyone asks my surgeon is aware of my pre & post gym drinks we started back when I resumed hitting the weights pretty hard (which yes I’m also cleared for)

What is your workout routine like?

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

What is your workout routine like?

So I just read my comment and it does sound a little snippy haha I was tired and I knew that if I didn’t put that atleast one person if not several would have something to say about The preworkout or the fact that I’m weight training and then probably hit me with a YouTube video with the coo coo Dr who tells everyone not to workout for 6 months lol.

I was an athlete all my life and was still lifting weights regularly and running (of course way slower and less distance) before surgery despite having gained so much weight so that played a big part in him being okay with me getting back into routine and said he trusts that I know how to listen to my body.

My workout routine is 7 days a week. I work with a trainer 5 days a week (I work rotating shift work so that means if im on β€œdays” I’m in the gym at 2am before I go to work and not many trainers offer sessions at that time lol). We do full body free weights, machines, body weight exercises, running, biking and some kick boxing and cross fit moves incorporated some days. She changes up the routine daily depending on the area of the body we are working on so it’s never boring. Some days we hit it HARD and other days where we need a little recovery we go light. I also walk as much as possible throughout the day. Today for instance we were working lower body with a focus on balance so we did lots of squats... dead lift squats, sumo squats, split squats, jump squats, one leg squats, up downs, renegades.... you get the point ... I’ll be walking like a new born giraffe in the morning πŸ˜‚

I am still on purees and I have a really tight restriction. So, I don't get much in.

Breakfast: coffee with caramel Protein Shake

Lunch: 1/2 teaspoon chicken salad

Dinner: 1 tsp pureed Lima Beans with added genpro.

I am able to drink faster now. So, liquids are a breeze.

20 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

So I just read my comment and it does sound a little snippy haha I was tired and I knew that if I didn’t put that atleast one person if not several would have something to say about The preworkout or the fact that I’m weight training and thenο»Ώ probably hit me with a YouTube video with the coo coo Dr who tells everyone not to workout for 6 months lol.

Sometimes people will comment on stuff, but the only opinions that matter are yours and your doc's (and you can even disagree with your doc if you are so inclined, ha!). I think its great that you are working out, and more importantly LIKING it, lol.

20 hours ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

My workout routine is 7 days a week. I work with a trainer 5 days a week (I work rotating shift work so that means if im on β€œdays” I’m in the gym at 2am before I go to work and not many trainers offer sessions at that time lol). We do full body free weights, machines, body weight exercises, running, biking and some kick boxing and cross fit moves incorporated some days. She changes up the routine daily depending on the area of the body we are working on so it’s never boring. Some days we hit it HARD and other days where we need a little recovery we go light. I also walk as much as possible throughout the day. Today for instance we were working lower body with a focus on balance so we did lots of squats... dead lift squats, sumo squats, split squats, jump squats, one leg squats, up downs, renegades.... you get the point ... I’ll be walking like a new born giraffe in the morning πŸ˜‚

Now this is pretty impressive. I have daydreams of being able to do all this stuff regularly eventually....

19 hours ago, TeeRob said:

I am still on purees and I have a really tight restriction. So, I don't get much in.

Breakfast: coffee with caramel Protein Shake

Lunch: 1/2 teaspoon chicken salad

Dinner: 1 tsp pureed Lima Beans with added genpro.

I am able to drink faster now. So, liquids are a breeze.

welcome to the thread @TeeRob!

5'2", ♀️3 days shy of being 10m PO, maintaining 118.7 lbs (I missed my scale when on vacay, and i'm pleasantly surprised that it told me I am a mere 1lb more than I weighed when I left...considering the sheer volume of chocolate chip Cookies and alcohol I consumed, this is a total win. Plus I haven't pooped since Friday, lol)

Yesterday, Tuesday Aug 20th:
This was a travel day so my food intake left much to be desired. Unexpected delays and ensuing hunger caused to me make food choices I would have balked at before. But I long ago gave myself permission to go off plan with no guilt during this trip so its all good (all measurements are estimates). Will return to anal MFP tracking-mode tomorrow ❀️

• 7:30am: 1 Americano, 1/2 a mango, 1/3 of a 2-egg omelet with 1 tbsp each of bacon and cheese
  • 12:00pm: about 5-10 salt and vinegar chips
  • 3:00pm: 1/2 bag of almonds
  • 5:00pm: 1/2 a turkey and bacon wrap with mayo + 2 oz cheese + 4 crackers
  • 7:00pm: other 1/2 of turkey and bacon wrap from 5pm meal
  • 11:00pm: 3 bites of the Kid's Hawaiian panzaratto + salad with pumpkin seeds + 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream + 1 strawberry pocky stick (think a really thin breadstick-like cracker dipped in strawberry flavoured chocolate)

Totals: ?? cals, ?? Proteinο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ, ?? NET carbs, ?? fat

Exercise:

• NONE. It was basically just sitting and walking in airports today.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

• NONE. It was basically just sitting and walking in airports today.

I definitely count my airport walking as exercise ... can walk miles without even intending too πŸ˜‚

8AM - Peach light and fit greek yogurt

10AM - Chomps Italiano Beef Stick

12PM: Leftover spinach salad with a small bit of chicken, roasted red pepper, pepperjack cheese, and Sriracha ranch

I'm feeling a bit off today (a little queasy, thanks likely to the MOM I took last night), so probably won't have anything again until after the gym tonight. I do usually have a 2 or 3PM snack and then dinner after the gym.

So coming off of a 20:4 day yesterday and planning a 16:8 today.

The last bit of my cheeseburger casserole (almost 1 cup) and some olives and feta cheese that got from the olive bar at my grocery store.

The p3 will be my afternoon snack, and then dinner will be a recipe I found earlier this year for some Keto Tuscan Soup.
I’ll have to get on their website later to get all of the nutritional for that.

So far, I’ll have 31 gm Protein and under 7 carbs with these 2 meals.

Breaking my fast now (12:30pm my time) with the casserole and olives and will have the p3 around 4-ish and then I’ll have 2 Pilates classes tonite from 5:30-7:30.

My hubs is the best so he’ll finish up dinner while I’m away so I can get down to eating by the time I get home and be finished up before 8:30 when my eating window officially closes.

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

5'2", ♀️aaaaaalmost 10m PO, maintaining 118.4 lbs

Yesterday, Wednesday Aug 21:
Ah....me, the food scale and the measuring cup are together again! ❀️ Though now that I don't have free reign access to tequila and Cookies, my calorie count has dropped significantly...

• 2:30pm: salad w/ 1tbsp balsamic vinaigrette + 3 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus + 100g broccoli + 60 ml carrots + ΒΌ tsp butter + 50g grilled onions + 1/2 cup scalloped potatoes (681 cals)
  • 6:00pm: 2 scoops Isopure Dutch chocolate Protein Powder + 2 tsp instant Decaf coffee + 17g Clearlax (aka Miralax) + 100ml 2% milk (172 cals)
  • 7:00pm: 100g iceberg lettuce w/ homemade vinaigrette + 25g carrots + 1 egg + 1/2 tsp butter + 88g grilled chicken + 1 fl oz pumpkin seeds (360 cals)
  • 8:00pm: 88g avocado + 1 slice bacon + 1tbsp cream cheese (237 cals)

Totals: 1451 cals, 97g, Protein, 55g carbs, 78g fat

Exercise:

• 7km outdoor run.
  • 15 min strength training (Arms)
  • 15 min strength training (Core)

Edited by ms.sss

21 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

So coming off of a 20:4 day yesterday and planning a 16:8 today.

How long have you been IF-ing? Do you find it effective?

On 08/22/2019 at 09:52, ms.sss said:

How long have you been IF-ing? Do you find it effective?

Okay so since about month 2 PO, I’ve been doing TRE most days.
I came across that method almost accidentally. My sleeve is so tight in the mornings that trying to get in a morning meal was hurting me and then I found myself intentionally putting off until later in the day that first meal at the same time I started reading about IF.
Well, the whole concept of eating only when hungry instead of when you’re β€œsupposed to” eat made sense to me so I did a mostly 16:8, or 14:10 (on hungry days). I mostly listened to my body.
Now I’m 6.5 months PO and some bad habits were creeping in.
I found myself using up valuable space with things like salad, parmesean crisps, Pork rinds, pickles, kimchi, etc BEFORE I was eating Protein. Oh yeah.... wine/alcohol was prominent in my diet for a 6 week stretch between mid-June through end of July.
Lots of family events, 2 weddings, a vacay to NOLA and a girls night out.

As a result, I only lost 12 pounds during almost 2 months so I decided I had to get very very serious starting July 23.
Since then I’ve lost 13 pounds and I’ve kept on top of pre-planning and logging my food

For me, the planning heavily involves when I eat as importantly as what I eatβ€”hence the rotating IF schedules.
I was doing really great until last Friday (my daughters white coat ceremony and emotions running all over the place due to some other family drama).
Long story short, my daughter and one of her besties (a girl I hired as one of my techs a few years ago) wanted to go out to eat in celebration and I succumbed and took them out to our fave Mexican restaurant.
I was actually pretty goodβ€” measured out 10 tortilla chips, 1 flour tortilla, and ate the insides only of one of my daughters chicken enchilada, and had a single skinny margarita, but it gave me a 1.6 pound bounce when I weighed 2 days later (lord only knows what it could’ve been the next day)
Lol, previous Sheri would’ve rolled her eyes at someone who complained about gaining less than 2 pounds after eating out, but I was disappointed in myself and knew I had a decision to make.

So.... we can’t forever avoid special occasions and the self-flagellation that follows , so I decided to get more aggressive with the IF for just a few days (or however long it took to rid me of the bounce) and it worked.

Sunday I did 20:4, Monday I did 16:8, Tuesday I did 20:4, and by yesterday am I had gone from my Sunday am bounce weight of 172.4 down to 169.0.

I’m now back on a β€œmaintenance” TRE of 16:8 for the rest of the week and thankfully have no plans to eat out for at least a few more weeks.

Sorry I miss days our life is pretty nutsy coco with double shift work, travel baseball, football, dancing, gyming etc lol

Breakfast

1/2 Stick Coldy Jack

1/2 Boiled Egg

1 Tbs Crunchy Peanut Butter

(wow that combo sounds extremely gross lmao but I was running errands to I needed food I could eat while driving lol)

Pre Gym- Unico Athena Unleashed

Gym- 78 Minutes Full Body Strength & Cardio (545cals)

Post Gym- Unico Yumino BCAAs

lunch

2oz of Shrimp Fajitas (no tortilla)

snack

1/2 Bag of Quest Protein chips

dinner

3 oz Shredded chicken & 1/4 c Green Beans

Edited by Mom_of_Chaos