Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​ What's on the Menu? 🍽️​​​​​​​ 🍽️​​​​​​​

Friday-July 26 5'4" 56 year old female, WLM, 134.8lbs

Ok guys, yesterday was a great tummy day. :) I say "great" cuz I had no big huge pains, rumblies, or you know whats! Woot! And things are kinda looking sorta normal-ish! I didn't notice any difference between the early part of the date only drinking fluids and Protein Drinks and end of day where I added low Fiber food. But the one thing that I'm very dissatisfied with is the number of times I had food or caloric drinks going down my piehole. And I was hungry again all day! I attribute that to the part where the more I eat and the more often I eat, the hungrier I get and also the more carbs I eat the hungrier I am. And I think that my IR rears its ugly head in response to Protein drinks via cephalic insulin response, despite being low carb--as well as the true insulin response to the carby Pasta I ate last night. So today I'm gonna fine tune the diet and go back <30g carbs and try to eat only on a schedule. So we'll see. I will also just do mostly food today--still trying to stick to small servings. We'll see. :) But no poopies or cramping means my guts are waking back up!!! Yippeee!!! The crops ahr saved!

Here's yesterday's train-wreck:

B1-cultured cottage cheese + grk yogurt (plain) + banana Protein Drink + banana

B2-cocomojoe protein latte

L-beef Bone Broth + tropical punch protein drink

AS-grilled salmon + linguine + green beans

D-bone broth + smoked chicken shreds + green Beans + angel hair noodles

BS-part of a Quest bar + decaff coffee

GAH! Make it stop! ROFLMHAO!

(click to enlarge...if you dare...)

image.thumb.png.1621619350ba738506ac54459b4ddd27.png

How was everyone's weekend!? Let's see some menus!!!! Come one, come all!!!

I had a couple of really good days recovery wise. Thinking things were back to norms and this morning. Bam! WWF Smack Down!!! Hellll NOOOOO BIO&CH!!!! Your MINE! LOL. And like that I backslid. LOL. Oh well.

Wasn't good this weekend, nor did I follow any real diet rec from the doc cuz I was just over it all and I rationalized it. Went up and down a couple of pounds. This morning back to being stuck at 134.8lbs. Which is fine. Cuz at the beginning of the month I was up and down a couple of pounds around 136-138lb so it's incrementally still ticking down.

Sunday, July 28, 2018

5'4" 56yr female, WLM 17months RNY, 134.8lbs

B-black decaff

Brunch-2 over medium fried eggs, 1 1/4 piece crispy bacon, 1/3 biscuit with 1tbsp gravy + black decaff (Felt like absolute crap and got sick after this meal...like yeah. I predicted it and still ate it.)

AS-1 serving Mediterranean Blend Exotic chips + homemade onion dip

D-2oz pork loin roast, 1/8c smashed roasted cauli, 1oz sauteed zucchini with garlic

Totals for Sunday:

image.png.112612427e8d8d59251163faf9ae6887.png

Edited by FluffyChix

Been totally eating off-plan for the past few days due to some road-tripping we've been doing.

Yesterday's menu was estimated to be 2157 calories!

Meal 1: (The included hotel breakfast) Greek yogurt with sliced almonds + spinach rolled in a cheddar cheese slices + 1 Breakfast pork sausage + black coffee (486 calories)

Meal 2: Goodnorth frozen dressert (i.e., Protein ice cream) + dried mangoes + sunflower seeds (611 calories)

Meal 3: McDonalds Asian salad w/ Grilled chicken w/ included dressing (370 calories)

Meal 4: Blue cheese + cheddar cheese + brie cheese + prosciutto + grapes + salad greens (680 calories)

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Been totally eating off-plan for the past few days due to some road-tripping we've been doing.

Yesterday's menu was estimated to be 2157 calories!

Meal 1: (The included hotel breakfast) Greek yogurt with sliced almonds + spinach rolled in a cheddar cheese slices + 1 Breakfast pork sausage + black coffee (486 calories)

Meal 2: Goodnorth frozen dressert (i.e., Protein ice cream) + dried mangoes + sunflower seeds (611 calories)

Meal 3: McDonalds Asian salad w/ Grilled chicken w/ included dressing (370 calories)

Meal 4: Blue cheese + cheddar cheese + brie cheese + prosciutto + grapes + salad greens (680 calories)

Serious yummy sounding stuff! And you're still down today!!! Wooot!!! I bet your carbs were still very low though right?

5 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Serious yummy sounding stuff! And you're still down today!!! Wooot!!! I bet your carbs were still very low though right?

Nah, my carbs were on the relative high side (well, for me at least). I was between 75-100g each of the days. But I figured I was on vacation, so I threw caution to the wind (though I still stayed away from bread/rice/pasta/potatoes, I'm not that wild after all, lol)

LOL, mildly wild. But still. Did you lose weight or are you the same?

I'm in. My stats are all correct on the side there. 53 year-old female, 5'8" 7 months out.

Breakfast today was 1.5 oz soppresatta 185 cals 1 carb

snack - .5 cup seafood salad 213 cals 2 carbs

lunch - Green Salad w ham, hard boiled egg and organic Italian dressing - 256 cals 1 carb

Not sure what dinner will be but typically 3 oz of a dense Protein and any vegetable I can fit in.....

And I am STUCK at 167. For weeks. NOT HAPPY!!!!

2 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

I'm in. My stats are all correct on the side there. 53 year-old female, 5'8" 7 months out.

lunch - Green salad w ham, hard boiled egg and organic Italian dressing - 256 cals 1 carb

Not sure what dinner will be but typically 3 oz of a dense Protein and any vegetable I can fit in.....

Welcome to our group!! Sorry you are stuck at 167. Stalls bite the big one! But congrats on all your success. Your menu sounds yummy!!! LOL I read your snack as 5cups of salad and I was bowing to you! LOL! Just a thought, have you tried cutting out the salty cured stuffed to see if it budges anything? Maybe you are losing and filling up the empty fat cells with Water retention? Just spitballing for you!!

39 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

LOL, mildly wild. But still. Did you lose weight or are you the same?

I stayed the EXACT same. 116.2 the morning we left, 116.2 this morning. But I haven't pooped in 4 days...yikes.

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

I stayed the EXACT same. 116.2 the morning we left, 116.2 this morning. But I haven't pooped in 4 days...yikes.

:51_scream: So I bet you're down a couple!!! You look amazing and a beautiful figure. From an outsider, I don't think you look excessively thin, just perfect for your frame and very healthy/toned! You rock it girl! God I hope you poop soon! LOL. I wish I could share the love. ;) hehehe NOT! You don't want this!

12 minutes ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

lunch - Green salad w ham, hard boiled egg and organic Italian dressing - 256 cals 1 carb

are you losing inches?

I dunno about inches. I forgot to measure initially, so I never measured because I figured it would all be skewed. When I look at photos of myself I still see a fat girl, albeit less fat, but I weighed this when I got married and I looked GREAT!!!

17 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Welcome to our group!! Sorry you are stuck at 167. Stalls bite the big one! But congrats on all your success. Your menu sounds yummy!!! LOL I read your snack as 5cups of salad and I was bowing to you! LOL! Just a thought, have you tried cutting out the salty cured stuffed to see if it budges anything? Maybe you are losing and filling up the empty fat cells with Water retention? Just spitballing for you!!

Fluffy - I am very sensitive to salt/water retention, but in this case, I don;t think that's it, because I've literally been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for weeks. I think I need MORE Water, less wine (occasional, but still) and more exercise!!!!

1 hour ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Fluffy - I am very sensitive to salt/water retention, but in this case, I don;t think that's it, because I've literally been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for weeks. I think I need MORE Water, less wine (occasional, but still) and more exercise!!!!

Regular exercise makes/made a huge difference. I have also noticed that exercise on an empty stomach (i.e., getting a run in or some class or some strength training before the first meal of the day) was very effective on the weight loss front...well, with me at least

Edited by ms.sss

I’ll play

Sunday 7/28 -
Female 30 y/o 5’8
Post op Day 20
CW 257
Post Op Loss 32 lbs
Soft food Phase
(Target 300-400 cal 40-50 Protein )

We were on the road to visit family yesterday so meals were based on things we could pack in a little cooler and bring along.

B- Premier Protein Cookies & Cream

L- Boiled Egg White & Deli Turkey

S1- 1/2 Light Baby Bel
S2- Clear Protein

S - 3oz Ground Turkey

3,000 bottles of Water (JK lol but that’s how it feels)