Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ What's on the Menu? πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

Thanks! It is yummy, and goes good on salads or fish hope u like it!

1 minute ago, BlueAngelEyes said:

Thanks! It is yummy, and goes good on salads or fish hope u like it!

ooooh fish! I have that too. LOL.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, ms.sss said:

5'2" Female Maintaining 8.5m post-op

July 22: 388 calories, 30g carbs, 19.5g fat, 37.4g Protein.

Alrighty, so I knew I was going out to an all-you-can-eat (self-cooking) Korean BBQ for dinner tonite, so I basically saved my day's calories for this meal...which sort of backfired as I didn't eat as many calories as I anticipated I would. (All amounts are approximate as I didn't have a scale on me ;) )

1: coffee + stevia sweetener (2 cals)
2: 1 oz grilled shrimp + 1 oz grilled chicken + 2oz Kalbi (short ribs) + 1oz grilled pork loin + 1oz grilled pork belly + 1 tbsp kimchi + probably 2 tbsp of added sugar in the various meat marinades (386 cals) (btw, got all this food in over a 2.5hour period.)

Gosh your menu at the food festival sounds FABULOUS!! Wait, why do I feel like I already said this? Was the short rib delish?? I love your choices btw!

7 hours ago, BlueAngelEyes said:

Im not as far along than alot of you.

I had surgery may 31st. So like 8weeks post op. I was 237 now im 201. I try to walk 13,000 steps aday. I try to get at least 3water bottles in a day and some Gatorade zero and once a week i have a sugar free red bull:)

For Breakfast I eat a fried egg nice and runny on the inside with avocado and 1 turkey bacon.

lunch is hummas and Protein chips or a quarter of a healthy choice frozen food or tuna salad

dinner i like making homemade greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro dressing to put with fish and cut up tomatoes and cucumbers or pork with cooked veggies.

Snacks are grilled zucchini and broccoli, or greek Protein yogurt, almonds or a tbs of Peanut Butter or a few slices of jalapeno cheese or some watermellon.

Congrats on your progress and success at 8 weeks! That's fabulous girlie!!! And 13K steps/day very impressive!!

I heart runny eggs with avocado. BWLS, avocado "toast" (low carb) + egg was my favorite brekky!!

I'm totally stealing this dressing recipe! I have all the ingredients and a piece of leftover salmon from last night! :) Maybe for dinner tonight! Yay!!! Love the idea of using Greek yogurt to replace mayo/sour cream!

Way to make lateral changes to not-so-healthy recipes to make them healthy and deeply nutritious without loss of pleasure/taste!!

This is my Wednesday Menu:

July 24, 2019 - 5'4" Female 56years - WLM (wt loss mode) - 134.4lbs

So food is still jacked. I have what is called an incomplete ileus from my emergency surgery a couple weeks ago. The doctor said I should/could go back to Liquid Protein and or to follow a low Fiber soft diet. Reading about it sounds horrifying, so I have to make a note to self: don't consult Dr. Google. LOL. It will take as long as it takes to heal fully. It's basically that my intestines are partially paralyzed/inflammed causing transient blockages. I just have to watch and make sure I'm getting plenty of fluids and maintaining my electrolyte balance.

I didn't find that keeping a liquid diet was much easier on me yesterday. So by last night after a business meeting, I was solidly hungry and when we went to our neighborhood place, I tried to make the "best" decision, using it as a rationalization to eat high carb, highly processed crap. *le sigh* The struggle continues. LOL.

Not surprisingly, no losses this morning, but no gains either. So there is that. LOL. I'm low on everything here--especially Protein. Got to do better today. It's a new dawn a new day y'all!

B-black coffee and black green tea, turmeric ginger tea

L-iced cocomojoe coffee

AS-diluted PP Clear fruit Punch Protein Drink

D-yeast roll, grilled salmon, linguine with baby spinach

image.thumb.png.12506fa80d3f4b056721b9b1f884d140.png

@FluffyChix, wow i didnt know the extent of your situation. Glad to hear/read that you are still your unflappable self in spite of it all. Sending good vibes your way...

Just now, ms.sss said:

@FluffyChix, wow i didnt know the extent of your situation. Glad to hear/read that you are still your unflappable self in spite of it all. Sending good vibes your way...

I try hon. It's all a mindset. Swearsies. So I am just trying to occupy my mind with other things and trying to school myself to go back to liquids. It's so odd how resistant I am to it and how much I want to deny this is happening. I love food so much and have a full ice box! Gah! LOL. Rationalize much? Right? ((hugs)) TY for the good vibes hon! It's all gonna be fine. My guts just have to learn who's boss. I'm just not willing to be its little bio*ch! hehe.

(Oh and stay tuned, I may do a "workout" outfit today that is form fitting. LOL. Prolly WWWWWWaaay TMI! LOL!)

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

(Oh and stay tuned, I may do a "workout" outfit today that is form fitting. LOL. Prolly WWWWWWaaayο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ TMI! LOο»ΏL!)

*holds breath in anticipation* ❀️

*holds breath in anticipation* ️
Me too!!! Lol!

Wishing you continued speedy recovery FluffyChix!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, I posted on the OOTD. LOL. God. As if anyone needs to see this. Tum is still super pouchy/puffy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Way too much time on my hands today...just sayin.

Edited by FluffyChix

I've had to do those low Fiber diets before - the main benefit that I could see was that on their recommended list was cinnamon rolls and doughnuts! Yeah, right -- even as far out as I am...

Been on the road this week, so that's the delay. Will start with Monday's as that was road food day.

pre-breakfast: hard boiled egg (I usually have one first thing before taking the dogs out for their run.

breakfast: whole wheat crepes stuffed with greek yogurt and berries

on the road lunch/snack: small Peanut Butter on whole grain seed bread sandwich

lunch 2 (sorta like a Hobbit - lunch 1, lunch 2..) small sliced beef and swiss on above bread with spinach leaves and avo slices

dinner: southwest style salad - chopped spinach, chicken, cheese, corn, black Beans, pepper, scallion, Tomato, avo, snap peas, carrot, green beans, sunflower seeds (basically whatever is in the veg drawer)

Another long term maintainer!

Great to see what someone 8 years out eats in a day.

What does your menu look like when you aren’t on the road?

16 hours ago, RickM said:

I've had to do those low Fiber diets before - the main benefit that I could see was that on their recommended list was cinnamon rolls and doughnuts! Yeah, right -- even as far out as I am...

Been on the road this week, so that's the delay. Will start with Monday's as that was road food day.

pre-breakfast: hard boiled egg (I usually have one first thing before taking the dogs out for their run.

breakfast: whole wheat crepes stuffed with greek yogurt and berries

on the road lunch/snack: small Peanut Butter on whole grain seed bread sandwich

lunch 2 (sorta like a Hobbit - lunch 1, lunch 2..) small sliced beef and swiss on above bread with spinach leaves and avo slices

dinner: southwest style salad - chopped spinach, chicken, cheese, corn, black Beans, pepper, scallion, Tomato, avo, snap peas, carrot, green Beans, sunflower seeds (basically whatever is in the veg drawer)

Rick I'm so glad you're with us posting here! I LOVE seeing your maintenance menu as a long term successful maintainer. And it gives me hope as well! :D

You meals sound lovely!!! Hey in general, how much volume would you say you get per meal? And yeah...the low Fiber diet is jackin' with me. Too many carbs for me personally cuz I'm so carb sensitive. Made me starving all day yesterday.

Thursday July 25, 2019 - 5'4" 56 year old female in WLM. 134.2lbs

Ugh, ok. so yesterday didn't do full liquids--just the low residue (ie fiber) day. Good lord. Seriously a hungry hungry hippo day. I wanted to eat everything!!! Too many carbs for this carb sensitive IR girl. :( So today is a new plan. LOL. New day. We'll see how it shakes out and I will post again tomorrow.

On a bright note, all the carbs seem to be upping my energy. I'm back to running solidly for 30-40minutes without a break. So that is awesome sauce! But you know, that's really just "fast walking" that Mr. F. calls "rawlking". LOL. I ran 40 mins this morning at 3.2mph. LOL. But I guess that isn't bad when I think back to 2 years ago I was basically recliner chair bound and couldn't stand nor walk for 5 minutes!

Food for the day: serving size is about 1/2c-3/4c per mini meal.

B-2 cocomojoe Protein lattes

MS-PP tropical punch Protein Drink (50/50 with cold water) + 1 1/2oz banana

L-chicken bouillon + grilled salmon + raw sauerkraut with juice + blueberries (verboten) *le sigh* Not the best choice btw.

AS (split into 2 Snacks about 90mins apart)-chicken and rice + fermented cottage cheese with banana and extra PProtein

D-chicken and rice + grilled salmon + green Beans + avocado

(click to enlarge image)

image.thumb.png.1e48e3feafb83764d1d5e37dffb0f555.png

Edited by FluffyChix

Typical day working on the retirement home (we'll move in one of these days) then a rerun of the road food day tomorrow.

Pre-breakfast - hard boiled egg before taking the dogs out for their run/snoop in the woods

Breakfast - half waffle (from Kodiak Cakes whole grain Protein enhanced pancake mix) topped with greek yogurt and berries

lunch - 1/2 southwest chicken salad from local cafe

snack - other 1/2 of above salad

dinner w sister and BiL - sauteed chicken breast, spinach, Tomato & carrot salad, fresh corn on the cob (not room for much of that, but still good when its fresh)

Snack - Quest bar

5 hours ago, RickM said:

Typical day working on the retirement home (we'll move in one of these days)

Hahaha! Congrats! See I read this as, you are building an old-peeps home to keep people in. Then I realized you are building you and wifey's retirement dream home. LOL! :D

Your menu still looks fab!!