Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ What's on the Menu? πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ πŸ½οΈβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

4 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I've been really enjoying grain salads lately, farro, barley, quinoa. Also esquites (mexican street corn) has been showing up on all kinds of menus, and I can never resist ordering it! ❀️

My husband is deathly allergic to wheat, not a gluten intolerance, the real deal anaphylaxis and the whole nine yards so I don’t buy farro, (I do order it at restaurants) we do have quinoa and although barley is supposed to be safe it makes me nervous! I’ve seen Mexican street corn everywhere too, I hate cheese and mayo so nope for me!

dinner turned out great, it was super easy too. Nuked rice from Trader Joe’s is perfect.

13 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Yep. Got it, thanks. I've decided not to continue posting my daily meals here. :)

Whoa...went offline in transit and this thread got real busy!

@FluffyChix I really hope you'll reconsider posting your menus, as I for one think any information is good information (plus the level of detail you always include in your posts speaks to my soul, lol...I have a feeling you too are a kindred spreadsheet addict, no?...but I digress...)

We are all adults on here and those who choose to read whats been thoughtfully shared on these boards have the common sense to take what information helps them and put aside the stuff that doesn't. I assume (as we all should, in my opinion) that the members on here are not babies that need to be coddled, but genuine people who are looking for support/help/camaraderie/information/TRUTH.

I always thought the intention of this particular thread was to share menus from as varied amount of people as possible, to show the diversity, right? From one extreme to the other and everything in between. The success of it, I think, would rely on the participation of many.

Yes, there are outliers on here, but they aren't the only ones. There are people out there who are like you, like kitty, like me, etc and from my own experience, it is very comforting to know they are there. The other day, I read a post in another thread from a poster who basically nailed down what I was feeling at a time I started feeling the doubt creep in again. It was amazingly comforting to read. No joke. Like tears to my eyes comforting. Some would say she is an outlier. I'm glad she posted.

So post your menus (and everything else that comes from that obviously jam packed brain of yours)! I really do think there are peeps out there who can relate, and for those that can't, it is still a fascinating read. Kinda like watching reality TV (which btw, I am closet addict of...)

β™₯️

with that said, I'll write up what I ate today shortly...

ms.sss maybe start a new thread and call it what is on the menu for maintenance ?

5'2", ♀️ 9Β½ m PO, maintaining 117.7 lbs (this morning...an example of one of those days where my weight fluctuated by a margin of 3+ lbs; granted I didn't sleep last night as I was totally last minute packing for our trip so that probably explains things)

Today, Tues Aug 13th:
Today was a travel day for vacay so my eating was sporadic at best, and my tracking non-existant. This is probably the first day since my pre-op diet that MFP has zero entries for an entire day. Will add it all in tomorrow. Anyhoo, from memory:

Menu:

• (6am-ish) At the airport: 2 black coffees
  • (9am-2pm) On the plane: Β½ a bag of chicharron + 1 plastic cup of Clamato juice
  • (3pm-ish) On the shuttle to hotel: ΒΌ a bag of almonds + handful of salt and vinegar chips
  • (4pm-7pm) At hotel, getting acclimated, and chillaxing: remaining Β½ bag of chicharron + a bite of a hamburger patty w/ mustard + Β½ a tuna steak fillet + 2 fried chicken drumsticks + 1 cup black coffee + 3 mojitos
  • (8pm-10pm) Buffet Dinner: salad + 1.5 avocados + 3 oz blue cheese + ΒΎ of a stewed chicken leg + 1 bite of bad tasting fish + 1 bite of bad tasting pork chop + 1 bite of bad tasting garlic beef + 2 mojitos
  • (10pm-12am) Just hanging around: 3 mojitos + 2 americanos + 4 chocolate chip Cookies + another ΒΌ bag of those almonds

Totals: ?? cals, ?? Protein, ?? NET carbs, ?? fat

Exercise:

• Absolutely none...unless you count the short sprint I did to the washroom to spit up the foamies I got from eating those effing chocolate chip cookies.

23 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

ms.sss maybe start a new thread and call it what is on the menu for maintenance ?

Methinks this is an excellent idea. Clarity is always a good thing.

4 hours ago, Cjdave said:

.25 cup Ricotta bake (1st time, it. was great)

This was my first real cooked food after surgery. I still have fond memories of it...

16 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Personallyο»Ώ I would do the rice since you are in maintenance, but that is just mο»Ώe.ο»Ώ

I’ve incorporated rice into my diet for the past 6 months, I just don’t eat a lot of it. I have an Iron sleeve.

30 F 5’8 241

W/L

Breakfast

β€œFried” Egg (no oil just cooked on non stick skillet )

2 oz. Turkey Breakfast Sausage

lunch

2 oz Cajun Deli Turkey & 1/2 oz Thin Pepperjack wrapped around a pickle speak

dinner

2oz Seared Scallops & 1/4 cup Cauliflower & Broccoli Rice

snack

1 Tbs of crunchy PB right after the gym

I said I wasn’t going to be one of those boring people after surgery, that I was going to get creative and turn old favorites into healthy dinners but I admit it I’ve totally fallen into boring. Boring is easy. There’s no guess work. I know how much my pouch can take without a punch in the chest. My pouch is happy with boring. And most importantly boring WORKS.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, Cheeseburgh said:

I’m marinating chicken breasts in jerk seasoning to grill tonight. Anyone have some ideas to pair with it other than salad? This is my personal list of starchy carb foods. I’m ok with these because I don’t find myself wanting more or overindulging.

1/4 cup rice, 1 slice of whole grain bread, 1/2 ear of corn or corn tortillas.

I’ll probably end up making salad lol.

Since you mentioned corn and will already have the grill fired up ....Fresh corn on the grill is like my most FAVORITE thing in the world! All you do is shuck it and then rub it with EVOO and sea salt. I haven’t brought carbs back yet but ouuuu corn I’ll see ya on the flip side!

1 hour ago, Mom_of_Chaos said:

I said I wasn’t going to be one of those boring people after surgery, that I was going to get creative and turn old favorites into healthy dinners but I admit it I’ve totally fallen into boring. Boring is easy. There’s no guess work. I know how much my pouch can take without a punch in the chest. My pouch is happy with boring. And most importantly boring WORKS.

You said it, sister. I can eat the same things over and over and over again for days and days and days (and I have). salad and grilled chicken. These two things are so a part of me I may just tattoo it on my butt.

5'2", ♀️ 9Β½ m PO, maintaining ?? lbs (no access to scale while away, so weight will be a surprise next week... )

Yesterday, Wed Aug 14th:
Sooooo...my regular eating routine is out the window during this trip! I'm drinking juice! And mixed drinks! And so much dessert (including bread pudding -*gasp*)! Check this out (all measurements are estimates):

Menu:

• 7:00 am: 2 americanos + Β½ a chocolate chip cookie
  • 11:00 am: 1 slice of chorizo + 1 cube blue cheese + 1 slice of papaya + Β½ cup iceberg lettuce + balsamic vinaigrette + a couple sips of pineapple juice + 1 mojito
  • 2:00 pm: 1 bite of overcooked fish + 1 bite of dry chicken from the fajita bar + 1 fried chicken leg + 1 tbsp of pickled beets + ΒΌ cup iceberg lettuce + balsamic vinaigrette + 1 slice papaya + 1 spoonful of almond pudding + 1 bite of tres leche cake + 1 bite of bread pudding + 1 bite chocolate chip cookie + 1 bite sugar cookie + Β½ a fudge almond truffle
  • 5:00 pm: ΒΌ cup iceberg lettuce + balsamic vinaigrette + 2 tbsp guacamole + 2 bites of grilled mahi mahi + 1 tbsp corn kernels + 1 mojito + 1 sangria
  • 9:00 pm: Β½ cup fish ceviche + Β½ cup cantelope & chicken salad + 3 grilled shrimps + 3-4 tbsp of some yucca shrimp mash + 1 bite sirloin steak + Β½ a mojito
  • 9pm-2am: 2 americanos + 1 bailey's coffee + 3 chocolate chip Cookies + 1 glass red wine + 6-8 tequila shots + 1 shot of some national drink that is supposed to remove all the hair from my chest (???) + a couple handfuls of popcorn

Totals: ?? cals, ?? Protein, ?? NET carbs, ?? fat

Exercise:

• continuous 5K run!! with a group from the hotel (!!!) (40-ish minutes)

About to break fast with a p3 snack, 6 almonds, and a glass of milk (drinking that first)

dinner will be a wedge of Brie and a cup of hamburger hash (lean ground beef, okra, onions and cooked with beef bone broth).
Running late for work, will log it later for a breakdown

5'2", ♀️ 9Β½ m PO, maintaining ?? lbs (no access to scale for the past week so weight willο»Ώ be a surprise tomorrow... )

Yesterday, Sunday Aug 18th:
Missed quite a few days but here we go...(all measurements are estimates)

• 8:30am: Americano
  • 9:30am: 1 cup iceberg lettuce + 1 slice papaya + 1/3 of a 2 egg omelet with 1 tbsp each cheese, ham, onion, jalapeΓ±o + Tabasco buffallo sauce (1 tbsp)
  • 12:30pm: 1/2 cup salad + .5 oz roast pork
  • 3:30: .5 oz roast chicken + 4 mini so good chocolate chip Cookies + 1/2 pina colada
  • 8:00pm: 1/4 cup fish ceviche + 1 wedge avocado + 1 tbsp beets + 1 bite chocolate custard cake
  • 9:30pm-1:30am: 6 tequilas + 2 mojitos

Totals: ?? cals, ?? Proteinο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώο»Ώ, ?? NET carbs, ?? fat

Exercise:

• continuous 10K run, baby!! (Approx 1.5 hours)

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

• 9:30pm-1:30am: 6 tequilas + 2 mojitos

Now this part of your diet I could totally get behind 🀣