Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am at the very beginning of my journey. I just had my consult for gastric bypass surgery last Wednesday and already have my consult appointment for my endoscopy and my first nutrition appointment scheduled for next week. I love reading all the posts and seeing all the success stories! I will be posting my journey along the way. I have to have 6 months of nutrition classes as one of my insurance requirements, so I should be ready for surgery by January. Any and All advise is welcome 😊❤️

Welcome Sassylady! Congratulations on taking the first steps! Yes, we would love to read your Weight loss journey!

Welcome and good luck on your WLS journey. I learned so much here from reading the various boards and topics and it really helped me through the process.

Welcome and the best of luck!

Welcome to you @Sassylady1. My advice would be to be patient with this long process. In the end if you stick to the "rules" laid out to you by your program staff, you will be successful. If you stray, don't quit, pick yourself off and keep at it, but also, don't give yourself a reason to be tempted, either.

Others in your life may not understand what you're going through and don't expect them to. If you can get "bad things" that lead to temptation out of your house, do it, but if you're like me and have kids, getting through without snacking dangers in your home can be near impossible.

This process will require a lot of discipline, but you can do it. If you're not focused on the end goal, you will not succeed, but this is your best chance to get fit quick so don't waste it.

Good luck to you.

Hello again, I had my first dietician and exercise appointment on the 26th. It went really well. We discussed diet and exercise. Scheduled the rest of my appointments and my psych eval. Will have my EGD in August. I’m feeling very excited about my fresh start and ready to fast forward to surgery day 😃😃😃

And WE WILL BE RIGHT here cheering YOU and all the others Along! It's a Brand New World but betting YOU'LL LIKE IT here😛🌈😛

I’m just starting as well. 6 months of classes and office visits. Having a hard time talking about this with my family. No one know but my husband. Trying to work through my thoughts on how to explain why I have chosen this journey.

On 7/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, Sassylady1 said:

I am at the very beginning of my journey. I just had my consult for gastric bypass surgery last Wednesday and already have my consult appointment for my endoscopy and my first nutrition appointment scheduled for next week. I love reading all the posts and seeing all the success stories! I will be posting my journey along the way. I have to have 6 months of nutrition classes as one of my insurance requirements, so I should be ready for surgery by January. Any and All advise is welcome 😊❤️

Yay! I’m so excited you are having surgery in January! I just started my journey and I’ll be getting surgery late December early January. I joined this site recently and it seems like everyone is getting ready to have surgery soon. It’s nice to finally find someone to be in the beginning stages.

Hello everyone! I just finished my 2nd dietician class and I’m scheduled for my EGD on the 28th. I’m so excited and wish I could fast forward to the big day 😊

Well here goes to checking off another box in this process. I am getting ready to have my EGD this morning. If only this was the big day so I could get it over with lol 😊

Hey y’all, so I’m reading over the findings from my EGD that was done this morning. It says I have a small hiatal hernia and that I have mild erosive gastritis. I don’t know anything about erosive gastritis, do y’all have any knowledge about this??? Also, I went into this procedure feeling fine and I woke up constantly sneezing and feeling like I have a cold. I have sneezed so much that my nose is now raw! Could that be a side affect of the anesthesia that they gave me? I just wish I could stop sneezing, lol.