Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours ago, jaymmee said:

Krimsonbutterflies... I’m sorry you have to wait. I’m sure it is for the best though. So you can pick your surgeon? They didn’t just assign you one? That’s pretty cool! I wonder if I’ll get to do that too! 😃

Yes, everything happens the way its supposed to. So, no worries about delay in my program. Yes, I will be able to choose and hopefully my surgeon will be available during the time I'm ready for all of this. I went to visit my friend after her revision yesterday in the hospital and this is very real for me. She has Kaiser too, I'm anxious and nervous.

That is awesome!!! I just finished my classes. I had to attend 6 altogether, but my approval situation was a little different than most. My Psych evaluation this past Wednesday and it went really well. Like you said though, there is a light and it seems far away, but you can make it! I hope flies by for you like mine did.

T

Edited by TraviMac

T

Edited by TraviMac

07/25/2019 10:32 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Yes, everything happens the way its supposed to. So, no worries about delay in my program. Yes, I will be able to choose and hopefully my surgeon will be available during the time I'm ready for all of this. I went to visit my friend after her revision yesterday in the hospital and this is very real for me. She has Kaiser too, I'm anxious and nervous.

This is true! Everything does happen for a reason. I hope your surgeon can schedule you when you want. I wish you all the best of luck! How’s your friend doing?

On 07/26/2019 at 10:09, TraviMac said:

That is awesome!!! I just finished my classes. I had to attend 6 altogether, but my approval situation was a little different than most. My Psych evaluation this past Wednesday and it went really well. Like you said though, there is a light and it seems far away, but you can make it! I hope flies by for you like mine did.

Can I ask why your approval situation is different than most? Is it a health condition that is causing it? I only ask because just makes me wonder if I or maybe someone else might have it too, and we can work with the insurance company to help speed things up? If it’s personal I understand too and you don’t have to disclose.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:23 PM, jaymmee said:

Ypease... wow you’re coverage doesn’t provide anything? I’m sorry to hear that! I agree I think my 3 months will be faster than 6.

Your time is going to fly by...you've got this. I started sober living during this process also, my last class is August 13th.

On 07/26/2019 at 20:43, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Your time is going to fly by...you've got this. I started sober living during this process also, my last class is August 13th.

Congratulations!! Wow definitely have a lot going on... keep up the good work!!

2 hours ago, jaymmee said:
On 7/26/2019 at 8:43 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Congratulations!! Wow definitely have a lot going on... keep up the good work!!

Thank you, alot has been going on in this process. I have to remind myself of this, so I can be kind to myself as well.

07/25/2019 10:32 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Hi! Was your friend’s revision from a band to RNY? If so, did your friend have her revision in one or two surgeries? I have Kaiser and I hope it’s done in one surgery :)

15 minutes ago, Klimczak said:
On 7/25/2019 at 10:32 PM, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Hi! Was your friend’s revision from a band to RNY? If so, did your friend have her revision in one or two surgeries? I have Kaiser and I hope it’s done in one surgery :)

She had her sleeve a year and a half ago, but the acid reflux was doing terrible things to her. She had her revision last week on the 24th and has had a few complications, now she has a picque line and will have a nurse come to her house daily. Her process has actually scared me. The Dr isn't sure if she has some sort of blockage and may need another surgery. Damn

The more prepared you are for the surgery the better you'll do. Take your time and learn all you can. Not just the nutritional information that the classes offer but people's experiences in this forum and others on Facebook groups and other websites. See the stories of regret, complications, stalls and know it can happen to you. See the success stories and know it can happen to you. Look for patterns in people who have regained and make your game plan. Take this time to become an expert in weight loss surgery.

On 07/29/2019 at 22:16, Krimsonbutterflies said:

She had her sleeve a year and a half ago, but the acid reflux was doing terrible things to her. She had her revision last week on the 24th and has had a few complications, now she has a picque line and will have a nurse come to her house daily. Her process has actually scared me. The Dr isn't sure if she has some sort of blockage and may need another surgery. Damn

Sorry to hear that about your friend. I hope she gets to feeling better real quick! And it sounds like her Dr’s all over it. 🤞 🙏

KCGirl - you’re absolutely right! I’ve been learning so much here! I’m meeting my Dr tonight at a class he holds and I start my classes Monday. I’m excited to see what they have to say. I’m just in so much pain I wanted this surgery last week. I know it’s gonna go by fast. I’m going to try to get all my appointments done during the 12 weeks classes and then when they’re done hopefully I can schedule surgery. We’ll see.

I completed my classes tonight, we were given certificates as well. I'm very pleased that I committed and didn't miss a class, I only have 2 things to do before approval. The urine test for nicotine and cannabinoids and the gynecologist follow up on the 30th of this month. I'm going to project for a mid January surgery date. Excited and very nervous....