Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I’m week 2 post surgery. Monday I switched to ‘full liquid’ diet. I STRUGGLE getting in 60-80 grams of protein! I’m drinking most of it, but I feel like I’m drinking every second of the day. I can barely stand the clear Protein Drinks, so I’ve been having shakes and Water. Anyone else feel like this stage is never ending? Any advice on how you made it would be greatly appreciated. I’m struggling!

Can you have sugar free Jello, some accept it on liquid because it mel5s down in your tummy, some don't. 8f it's okay trying making it with added Protein Powder stirred in at the begining. Also some doctors allow protein- enriched sugar free pudding as l9ng as it isn't a clear l8quid diet. And I loved sugar free popsicles to help with Fluid intake.

It'll be over before you know it. Are you having sugar-free pudding, sugar-free popsicles and lots of variety of liquids to keep it interesting?

It’s not the liquid, it’s the Protein. I’m just concerned I’m not getting all my protein in. The liquids I can get in.

I'm three and a half months out and I still don't get that much Protein in. My doctor told me to do the best that I can. That's what I do.

If you like refried Beans, try those. I Water some down and put a little cheese on them. Get the low fat ones. I also found a cheese dip that had a good amount of Protein. But, I didn't hit my protein until after I got into the soft foods...even then it was hard. If you have a good shake, that should cover most of it. I used legion powder with lactose free milk. That was about 30 grams right there.

5 hours ago, jennj said:

Ok, I’m week 2 post surgery. Monday I switched to ‘full liquid’ diet. I STRUGGLE getting in 60-80 grams of protein! I’m drinking most of it, but I feel like I’m drinking every second of the day. I can barely stand the clear Protein Drinks, so I’ve been having shakes and Water. Anyone else feel like this stage is never ending? Any advice on how you made it would be greatly appreciated. I’m struggling!

I put a splash of Premium Protein in my Decaf ice tea. I'm using the peach and it tastes like peach tea. It thins the taste and with one bottle of this and one Protein Drink in the morning, I put ice in it to thin it. I've almost met the goal.

I have a question along the Protein side as well. I am pre op and just starting to experiment with unflavored protein. I just bought some Isopure unflavored and it doesn't seem to want to mix in. I just get a lot of clumps. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, ypease said:

I have a question along the Protein side as well. I am pre op and just starting to experiment with unflavored Protein. I just bought some Isopure unflavored and it doesn't seem to want to mix in. I just get a lot of clumps. What am I doing wrong?

Isopure unflavored did the same thing for me. I never did get it to mix well with anything.

I have some of the Isopure unflavored protein...just got it in the mail. I haven't tried it yet. I hope I don't have the same issues with the clumping. I read that you want to mix it with fluids not hotter than 140 degrees. So if you're mixing it with Jello, wait until it cools down to 140 degrees before mixing the Protein powder in. Anyway, I hope it works. I'll let you know if it doesn't.

How much longer are you on liquids? And yes, it was the worst part. Foods are so much easier.

Week and a half more. 😩😩

I will try the less than 140 degrees advice. Who knew! Thank you

just tried the Isopure Protein in 120 degree Water. That did the trick. My am drink was too hot.

Edited by ypease
Spouse to advice

Fair life milk has 13 grams per cup. They also have chocolate. I lived off plain milk and YQ high Protein yogurt.