Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do Non-Battery Scales up to 350 exist?

I have had several battery operated scales through the years. All have caused me problems. Does anybody know of a non battery scale that goes to 300 or 350?

I thought I lost a ton of weight, logically knowing that I couldn't have lost THAT much that quick. Turns out I only lost 18 pounds. I mean, that is great, but my battery scale tells me all sorts of numbers. I checked the batteries many times.

Sometimes it is hard to stand on some of the smaller scales and if you're off-kilter they will read wrong, but usually, they show an E. My battery scale is usually very truthful....sometimes I wish it wasn't because the spring scale I could lean to the left or right to drop pounds.

My battery-operated scale is pretty accurate and consistent, but I hear ya, I had one once that would swing 5+ pounds depending on how you stood on it. Try a different make/model.

Here is one at Amazon, looks like the kind at Doctors office.

Healthometer scale

And some of the higher priced scales at Wally World are pretty accurate , battery or not, my particular one weighs up to 420 although I NEVER WILL BE THAT BIG AGAIN, less than 1/2 that and still letting the weight descend, I will be trying for my desired 175, only 20 pounds to go, if I slow down to a pound a week, that's okay. Found a lot of more mini- health conditions as time goes on, putting a positive spin there, my medical people and I are finding them in much earlier stages where they can either be repaired or less drastic measures be employed to handle them. And I pray GOD any pre- cancerous things can be obliterated before They Progress and I'll never be a Stage 4 of anything when it's found! Very Few make it back from That Point!

We noticed our battery operated scales will be “off” if any part of it is touching the grout line on the tile so we make sure it’s center before we hop on and otherwise it’s pretty dead on.

I looked at the few analog scales on Amazon. They looked great, sounded accurate and went up high enough. But I'm one who reads reviews and Amazon has many! They were pretty discouraging. Poorly made, inaccurate and not too fixable. I guess now that I know they actually exist, I'm going to keep looking. Thank you Everyone for the words and advice!