Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where will you be 9 months from now?

Today is my 9 month anniversary. I was sleeved on 10/17/18. I am down over 110 pounds (100 from surgery date) and have met my doctor's weight goal for me (165). At 163.8 this morning, actually, and I'm now on to my first personal goal of 150 (I'm 5'5" and this weight puts me at a healthy BMI), which was my original "ultimate" goal but has now shifted to be stopping point to my new "ultimate" goal of 135.

I've changed my eating habits entirely and I battle my binge eating disorder regularly, but I did it. I'm doing it! I've recently finally started working out as the weight loss has slowed significantly, but I can't believe I'm here. This seemed so far away and impossible in those first post-op weeks, as well as during every stall, including the 2 week one I just broke earlier this week.

9 months from now I plan to be maintaining my goal weight of 135 and researching plastic surgery options.

Where will you be?

This is amazing! I hope to be at 80 pound loss at 9 months. I've been on a plateau for 2 weeks and feel a bit discouraged, but I'm going to keep the faith I will move forward, or downward! Lol

Congratulations!!👏💯🎉

That's impressive I hope I can match that once i have bypass

Awesome job! I am 4 months post gastric bypass and have lost a total of 65 pounds, with 50 of it since surgery. If I can continue to lose at this rate I should be at goal when I hit 9 months! Here's hoping I can do as well as you! You're an inspiration![emoji847]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I too am 9 months post op but I had gastric bypass. I have reached my doctor's goal but need to get to 123 to have a normal BMI. About 5 lbs to go. I don't really think I'll strive to reach the "ideal" weight for my height-117 lbs. If I get there fine, if I don't, that's ok too. I hope in 9 months I too will be ready for plastics because my "bat wings" make it difficult to find clothes that fit...my arm size doesn't match my body size. And face it, I live in Florida...all the cute summer clothes are sleeveless! Now, I only buy things with 3/4 sleeves. Also, the loose abdominal skin has got to go!

Congratulations on your success!

Hopefully maintaining

You have all done so great, you are all great inspirations and give me great hope on my upcoming surgery.

Great job! I hope to have met goal in 9 months and be healthier and wiser and have learned my lessons on how to eat healthier for the rest of my life. Plus, in 9 months I'll be on vacation to Iceland!

Well, Sandra at 9 months I was much thinner, wearing much smaller clothes, the Bad Parts- I thought I had poor skin color, looked like Road Kill and wondered if people were lying or making fun of me for my surgery appearance when they said " GOSH YOU LOOK GOOD" because. I thought I looked pretty okay back when I was obese too. But Happy to say, it's 10,5 Months now, I have c9me to terms with the fact I may never LOOK quite the SAME as I used to, but the NEW ME is still quite cool. Although I am quite fair, a curse of Celtic heritage, I have developed a little light freckling and tan, don't go out walking in the high sunlight between 10 AM and 2-4 PM, but if Shirley Mc Claim and the Late Doris Day could rock it, why not ME? My hair , the other Celtic gift, since it is strawberry Blonde and naturally thin, as long as I use warm Water, no mousses, gels or hair spray to mat it down, looks passable fair. And it went into a pixie style when I first saw hair on my comb or in the shower. Praise God I didn't go completely bald, but if it had gotten worse I might have shaved it bald like the guys do, 3/4 of my ex- friends thought I was really losing weight and hair due to chemo and wasn't being HONEST with them. They just couldn't accept someone over 70,could actually seek and be successful with Bariatric Weight Loss. Their error, you are NEVER ARE TOO OLD to make positive changes in your LIFE, and if I had been on Chemo, hey I do respect those people too, but it wasn't any of " their beeswax" as my youthful peers used to say. And those downers , if they can't accept truth, they are NOT what I want in my life in the first place.
So this month, I put a Big Smile on my face, rock my new colorful size. 18 clothes, for the first time in my adult life I'm wearing leggings, capris, maybe a pair of shorts or 2 before summer is over, spent TOO TOO MANY YEARS wearing gray, black, Brown or navy to be in the background where I thought I belonged, now if it fits I'm going to wear it, my skin looks a lot less MUDDy in flattering shades. And if I can accept the changes, exude confidence, then I will be a pleasant person the RIGHT PEOPLE will be drawn to, if not, plenty other fish in this Big Blue Sea, aren't there?😝Frustr8, the former Shrinker Back into the Woodwork person who finally herself, and likes Herself more for IT!

@KT1981 (fellow October sleever!), congrats on reaching your 9 months and your weight loss! Think about it, you basically lost the equivalent of an entire 5'9" supermodel, LOL. Based on your weight loss rate and reported eating habits changes, I have no doubt that you can reach your ultimate goal of 135 in 9 more months. No doubt at all. Just keep doing what you are doing ♥️.

In 9 more months it will be April 2020, and I expect to be completely healed from my plastics (scheduled at the end of this year), and be in the throughs of training for my first ever triathlon (crazy, right!?!?!) that I want to swim/bike/run with Mr & the Kid next summer. Oh, and be totally shopping for more clothes.

In 9 months I want to be maintaining my Barbie DreamGirl Goal Weight of 125lbs. I want to have on an absolutely fabulous outfit, and have @Healthy_life2 bitchin' legs (all without working out... ;) hehe), and be having a blast living life with Mr. F, fam and friends. :)

48 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

In 9 months I want to be maintaining my Barbie DreamGirl Goal Weight of 125lbs. I want to have on an absolutely fabulous outfit, and have @Healthy_life2 bitchin' legs (all without working out... ;) hehe), and be having a blast living life with Mr. F, fam and friends. :)

I want to be able to jump into the lake and get up the ladder on to the boat when I'm done. I could last year barely, but I want to do it easily. Oh if my knees would quit hurting that would be wonderful too. At my age little things mean a lot!

In nine months, I will be hopefully another 90 lbs. lighter. That will put me at just about under 200 lbs. and I'll be happier for it.

If my surgery goes ahead as planned end of September then 9 months will be roughly 6.5 months post op and at least 80lbs lost I hope :)