Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made it to the full liquid phase of my post-op. Yay! I can have Soup. I was never so excited about soup. I made Tomato Soup and thinned it out. I had 4 oz, ate it at a glacial pace. 20 minutes later the gurgling started and my new tummy revolted.

Am I just not ready for full lipids yet?

You just have to try other options. I couldn't eat tomatoes for a long time. But pea Soup was fine and lentil soup (you can puree) was great. Bean soup was also a winner. Later, once advanced to soft foods, I would take refried Beans and mix them with broth to thin them down. This slides down really well. Make it even thinner and you can call it soup!

Andersen’s split pea Soup was delicious. Very flavorful. Ate it all the time. When I needed a little something else I added green Tabasco sauce and it was delish also.

10 hours ago, Rjf said:

Andersen’s split pea Soup was delicious. Very flavorful. Ate it all the time. When I needed a little something else I added green Tabasco sauce and it was delish also.

yes! they have that at my local grocery, its a wonderful thing.. a real treat when i got past the liquid stage

And another thought, Tomato Soup and Campbell's is the worst, notoriously HIGH in carbs, I would soon run out of fingers if i counted all the people who had their first " dumping episode" from exactly That!

I made it to the full liquid phase of my post-op. Yay! I can have Soup. I was never so excited about Soup. I made Tomato Soup and thinned it out. I had 4 oz, ate it at a glacial pace. 20 minutes later the gurgling started and my new tummy revolted.
Am I just not ready for full lipids yet?
Hi when did you have your surgery?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Nay143 said:

Hi when did you have your surgery?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I had sleeve surgery on 7/9.

Tomatoes are quite acidic, I was told by my clinic not to have that one, but the other cream Soups are fine.