Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a little vent about clothing sizes. Spotted a pair of slouchy drop crotch pants on sale online. What size will I need I wondered? Got out out my handy dandy dress maker’s tape measure & checked the size guide. OMG it said I was a MED/large or a size 14 (US 10/12). WTF!?! 😱 Is this the children’s size guide I thought but even if it was I’m only a size 10/12 in children’s wear. Nope, definitely adult sizing.

It’s an Aust company I’ve bought from before (XXS fitted knit dress & XS sweaters) just not pants. All my pants are Aust size 4 or 6. How could I be a size 14 in their eyes?

I know I had some dessert at Christmas but not enough to cause a weight gain of 4 clothing sizes. 😉

GRRRR!

On 1/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, GradyCat said:

20190510_091249.jpg

20190513_152806.jpg

Grady Cat SOOOOOO good to see and hear from you! You look fabulous!!! Your smile is and should beam with pride. You must be close to your goal now? How are you feeling!? Let us see more! Dressing appropriately in hubbies team colors over the holidays for Cotton Bowl.

IMG_6474.jpeg

On 1/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, Arabesque said:

Just a little vent about clothing sizes. Spotted a pair of slouchy drop crotch pants on sale online. What size will I need I wondered? Got out out my handy dandy dress maker’s tape measure & checked the size guide. OMG it said I was a MED/large or a size 14 (US 10/12). WTF!?! 😱 Is this the children’s size guide I thought but even if it was I’m only a size 10/12 in children’s wear. Nope, definitely adult sizing.

It’s an Aust company I’ve bought from before (XXS fitted knit dress & XS sweaters) just not pants. All my pants are Aust size 4 or 6. How could I be a size 14 in their eyes?

I know I had some dessert at Christmas but not enough to cause a weight gain of 4 clothing sizes. 😉

GRRRR!

Sizes are a joke 😩

I know everyone thinks they have the best husband..... but I truly do. Valentines Day and I get these.... These have been my dream shoes forever. They have already started to "earn" their cost..... hehehehe

Headed to dinner tonight with a new pair of shoes.... now to figure out how to not scuff up those red bottoms to bad.

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg

66657393024__E5A11FB9-6B21-47BA-B2BD-9F1051A71661.jpg

On 1/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, Arabesque said:

GRRRR!

Sizes are crazy in the US. I can be anywhere from a 0-4..... Which i think in Aus sizes is 6-10 i think. Best thing to do...... cut the dang tag off and just enjoy the fit

It’s not so much the size on the tag that bothers me but the frustration about choosing which is the correct size to buy & avoiding the return process. I hate online shopping.

Aust sizes are two more than US so a US 0 is an Aust 4, a US 10 is an Aust 14.

Oh & yes your husband is the best @BayougirlMrsS. 🙂. I’ve heard some people put clear contact or sticky tape on the soles of their Louboutins & some brands put on a clear peel off protection on the soles but it makes them slippery to wear. I tried to walk very carefully with mine but ended up just giving up & letting them get scuffed. Still sad though.

2A1ED875-2A2B-44BD-AFB3-5814F0693DDD.thumb.jpeg.4d88599ada9a44edace4494cda42c22e.jpeg

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

It’s not so much the size on the tag that bothers me but the frustration about choosing which is the correct size to buy & avoiding the return process. I hate online shopping.

Aust sizes are two more than US so a US 0 is an Aust 4, a US 10 is an Aust 14.

Oh & yes your husband is the best @BayougirlMrsS. 🙂. I’ve heard some people put clear contact or sticky tape on the soles of their Louboutins & some brands put on a clear peel off protection on the soles but it makes them slippery to wear. I tried to walk very carefully with mine but ended up just giving up & letting them get scuffed. Still sad though.

2A1ED875-2A2B-44BD-AFB3-5814F0693DDD.thumb.jpeg.4d88599ada9a44edace4494cda42c22e.jpeg

I would so wear both those. I told hubby last night, they are shoes that i will Never get rid of and so if they get scuffed, so be it. I'm going to wear the with sasssss and pride...... and hope i don't fall.... hehehe
There are NO stores that sells them in MS. and all the stores we have gone too didn't sell them..... but when we went to Hawaii two weeks ago...... there they were size 36..... Needless to say i carried them on the plane.

Happy Spring! Spring has sprung here... Thought I'd try out my new white jeans purchased but never worn after two years of a Covid dormant closet! Anyone else feeling like white lifts your spirits and lightens the soul?

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

08b00839-8a3a-471d-bac1-5ca3789bc59a.jpg.jpeg

On 3/5/2022 at 12:11 AM, Sophie7713 said:

Happy Spring! Spring has sprung here... Thought I'd try out my new white jeans purchased but never worn after two years of a Covid dormant closet! Anyone else feeling like white lifts your spirits and lightens the soul?

IMG_1418.jpeg

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

08b00839-8a3a-471d-bac1-5ca3789bc59a.jpg.jpeg

You look lovely ❤️

Yes spring is here!
The birds are all actively mating or nesting (loudly), the bugs are biting, plants are vining and I have the urge to wear pastels again.

Edited by GreenTealael

I know its been forever since i checked in. But i just wanted to give you guys an update. and its a pretty big one. Living my wildest dreams these days. I hope all is well with you guys!!

SHE SAID YES.jpg

3 minutes ago, JAKE H said:

I know its been forever since i checked in. But i just wanted to give you guys an update. and its a pretty big one. Living my wildest dreams these days. I hope all is well with you guys!!

SHE SAID YES.jpg

Awesome. Congratulations.

Jake! This is so wonderful. Congratulations to you both. 💕💕💕 Very happy for you.