Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 4/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, Arabesque said:

I jinxed myself & everyone else in Brisbane - today is cold & overcast. Not your cold @ms.sss (brrrrr) but Brisbane cold. 😉 Woke up stiff & curled in a ball because of the overnight drop in temp.

I love a gin martini @BayougirlMrsS with lots of olives. Would love to join you. 😁

Great T @GreenTealael. Nerds do rule the world. I recommend Nerds with Vaginas & captains coffee on Insta for a daily chuckle only nerds would get.

Yes. Garlic stuff. We need to a zoom meet and great .... does everyone have zoom

On 4/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, Arabesque said:

I jinxed myself & everyone else in Brisbane - today is cold & overcast. Not your cold @ms.sss (brrrrr) but Brisbane cold. 😉 Woke up stiff & curled in a ball because of the overnight drop in temp.

I love a gin martini @BayougirlMrsS with lots of olives. Would love to join you. 😁

Great T @GreenTealael. Nerds do rule the world. I recommend Nerds with Vaginas & captains coffee on Insta for a daily chuckle only nerds would get.

Oh goodness, ladies... we need to get you and ms.sss down to Palm Beach to thaw out a bit! Seriously. It will be in the 90's Friday. You are welcome to plan a girls trip down. We'd have a blast showing you this tropical paradise. Sort of a sad forthcoming weekend for us (as you know). BUT with that second postponement... We do look to reschedule Sunday, May 7th, 2023. So pencil that in! Can't wait to hug and Celebrate with you all in person. What a special timely bond and journey we share. It is always my distinct honor and privilege to know you - And, to meet the new individuals that have joined OOTD. So excited for the wonderful changes that await them physically, emotionally and strives toward a healthier lifestyle - Not to mention, a more confident and happier wardrobe! Fun.

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_4398.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Oh goodness, ladies... we need to get you and ms.sss down to Palm Beach to thaw out a bit! Seriously. It will be in the 90's Friday. You are welcome to plan a girls trip down. We'd have a blast showing you this tropical paradise. Sort of a sad forthcoming weekend for us (as you know). BUT with that second postponement... We do look to reschedule Sunday, May 7th, 2023. So pencil that in! Can't wait to hug and Celebrate with you all in person. What a special timely bond and journey we share. It is always my distinct honor and privilege to know you - And, to meet the new individuals that have joined OOTD. So excited for the wonderful changes that await them physically, emotionally and strives toward a healthier lifestyle - Not to mention, a more confident and happier wardrobe! Fun.

IMG_2466.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_4398.jpeg

I love Florida.....you have a beautiful place there...

On 4/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, BayougirlMrsS said:

He/she’s back. Not sure what gender.

What a great back yard! He looks like an albino pelican? This is our neighbor Harold the crane who struts about

IMG_2725.jpeg

6 hours ago, Roses436 said:

I can’t remember the last time I wore a dress, skirt or anything without an elastic waist. You all look stupendous. What a thrill it must be and I can’t wait to get there. Congratulations on all your successes.

You will be there in no time...

Did you choose sleeve vs bypass and then get physician approval? Or does the doctor pretty much decide what is best for you? Does it ever happen that you have one surgery and later wish you would have had the other? And if so, why?

My surgeon discussed the various bariatric surgeries but I had thoroughly researched them and had decided on the gastric sleeve before my first appointment with my surgeon.

I knew 3 family and friends who had had the bypass surgery and all 3 have regained a large portion of their weight loss.I had one friend who was successful with the lapband surgery but another friend who spent nearly two months in the hospital and had to have the band removed.

I am 18 months post gastric sleeve surgery and down 145 pounds from my heaviest weight. The difference in my life has been AMAZING. I have gone from a 3X to a size large in clothing, my energy level is up so much that I exercise five times a week for at least 30 minutes but usually one hour and I went back to work part time after 4 years of retirement. I was on 3 medications and was still not able to achieve a earthy BP. My meds have been cut in half and my BP is nearly perfect. Lol, when I went to my PCP the first time after my surgery, I thought he was going to do a jig because he was so excited by the amount of weight that I had lost and how much my BP had dropped.
My only regret is that I hadn’t had the surgery sooner.

The location feels like I’m waiting for the train from Hogwarts to bring my children home for summer break 😂

I bought several of same jersey dress because it’s easy so now it’s all I wear

17538AC7-000F-4ECD-AF2B-C7A00BDD5A1F.jpeg.3012d5d2c7f688f45117be7c8ae8baea.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

Oh, I love those easy to wear, pop on, no fuss & look stylish jersey dresses too @GreenTealael. I want another one with sleeves so I can wear it under coats in winter.

Whoo hoo @kristieshannon. Bet you wear it a lot over summer. Is your tattoo a little lizard?

2023 has been diarised @Sophie7713 😀. Lovely to look at all your green lushness Sophie. It’s chilly & raining again here today so pretty gray. At least things are green from all the rain we’ve been having but unfortunately it’s not falling over agricultural area which are suffering badly from drought or in many of our drinking Water dam catchments.

You’ll be rockin’ a new fitted wardrobe in no time @Roses436 & we will expect photos.

Congrats on your weight loss @bethow. We need some photos from you too.

My birthday was the 27th. I took a week off to enjoy it and a fully vaccinated life. I bought this Spanish red dress in February when it didn’t fit (I bought it two sizes too small at a 14). I promised myself that I would get into it by my birthday and here we are! I went to eat at the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota for my birthday dinner with one of my best friends and my mom. I had such a wonderful time in my favorite dress! It felt so good to doll up again. :)

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

It’s been many years since I tucked in a shirt. For you curvy girls with hips and thighs, I’m loving Fran denim. Fits at waist without the gap, but room for the curves!

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg