Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been a gym rat since the gyms opened back up last September. I added muscle mass and had to go up in shirt size. I still love putting clothing combinations together all the way down to the shoes.

20210312_140528.jpg

That pink colour is so lovely on you @kristieshannon & @Dtrain84 looking smoooooth. Congrats @ANewJourneyAwaits on your weight loss. And such a bright & cheerful colour to Celebrate. I love red.

A face to face would be fabulous but I’m not intending to board a plane for some time yet even with the vaccine - flying incubators - shudder - especially with the number of hours I’d be trapped on board. Maybe one day we’ll be able enjoy travelling safely again & we won’t have to quarantine whereever we go. Damn virus. It’s sucked the joy out of so much. Waaah!

1 hour ago, Arabesque said:

I’m not intending to board a plane for some time yet even with the vaccine - flying incubators - shudder - especially with the number of hours I’d be trapped on board.

Sigh. I know, right. Planes are not in my near future either. Though I am ok to get on one AFTER we get the vaccine AND a couple months have passed once getting it, AND if the vaccine is proven to be effective against any of the new (or future) variants. So yeah, a while still. Sigh.

I am, however, already planning out all the vacations I want to go on immediately after all the above conditions are met.

A girl can dream.

One more. This dress used to be too tight after I gained so much weight back and I stopped wearing it. Also my arms used to look like hulk arms.

Tried it on to go walking around a small but lovely city (socially distanced and with masks of course, just took it off for the photo) and it fit like a dream. Size 16. Also my arms aren’t looking like hulk arms anymore. This is the first pic in a long time that Im actually okay with.

I lost 6lbs this week, so I’m 59lbs down. Almost to 60 gone forever.

Okay, now going to sleep. Love this thread and seeing everyone’s outfits. Such inspiration and well dressed people.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

3 hours ago, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

One more. This dress used to be too tight after I gained so much weight back and I stopped wearing it. Also my arms used to look like hulk arms.

Tried it on to go walking around a small but lovely city (socially distanced and with masks of course, just took it off for the photo) and it fit like a dream. Size 16. Also my arms aren’t looking like hulk arms anymore. This is the first pic in a long time that Im actually okay with.

Okay, now going to sleep. Love this thread and seeing everyone’s outfits. Such inspiration and well dressed people.

Wow you look amazing and must feel great. You have lost so much weight in 3 months, any tips for a newbie like me?
Thanks 😊

On 03/15/2021 at 04:49, Butterflyeffect said:

Wow you look amazing and must feel great. You have lost so much weight in 3 months, any tips for a newbie like me?

Thanks 😊

I do feel so much better! Honestly. I still have a ways to go. 59lbs is total. I lost 25lbs before surgery. The rest is after. I’m a super slow loser (2.2lbs per week is my average) but for some reason this past week it was 6, and I didn’t do much different. Not sure why that happened.

My main thing I do is I take walks 3xs a week and I eat Protein first always. I incorporated healthy carbs due to my energy levels being so bad (so my NUT advised more healthy carbs) and I try for 70-80 oz of Water. I see a counselor to talk through stuff and that has helped a lot. Other than that, I don’t have any real different approach. I rarely eat sugar as it makes me sick with dumping syndrome.

I have my 3 month check in and I should be cleared for weight training.

Just hang tight! It may be slow going like mine is but you do start seeing the differences. I’m a newbie too—only 3 months. :)

4 hours ago, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

I do feel so much better! Honestly. I still have a ways to go. 59lbs is total. I lost 25lbs before surgery. The rest is after. I’m a super slow loser (2.2lbs per week is my average) but for some reason this past week it was 6, and I didn’t do much different. Not sure why that happened.

My main thing I do is I take walks 3xs a week and I eat Protein first always. I incorporated healthy carbs due to my energy levels being so bad (so my NUT advised more healthy carbs) and I try for 70-80 oz of Water. I see a counselor to talk through stuff and that has helped a lot. Other than that, I don’t have any real different approach. I rarely eat sugar as it makes me sick with dumping syndrome.

I have my 3 month check in and I should be cleared for weight training.

Just hang tight! It may be slow going like mine is but you do start seeing the differences. I’m a newbie too—only 3 months. :)

Thanks so much for the tips, it’s all helpful!! I’ll be happy if I can consistently lose 2.2lbs a week. I definitely have to start a regular walking regime and try up my Water intake.

Thanks again and good luck at your 3 month check-in 😊

On 3/15/2021 at 1:23 AM, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

Congrats!! I also got my surgery in December (the 17th) and am 58lbs down. It's crazy to see the difference in such a short period of time! You look gorgeous in that top

What a lovely pxt @ANewJourneyAwaits. You’re gorgeous. Congrats on your weight loss so far too.

Went to a launch of some new labels at my favourite shoe store last night. Crab meat finger sandwiches (not for me though) & Pol Roger champagne. It was a really good night. 😁 Wore my new low rise Vegan leather pants & gold sandals from one of the new labels. Got a special preview earlier in the week before anyone else did & they let me buy them. Yes! Just had to fib a little & say I bought them just before the launch event started.

988B6F19-3591-4627-AF6B-1BF65AA52245.thumb.jpeg.1e27894452b0e525b045e47d16535bcb.jpeg

All I can say is that everyone looks amazing! Keep up the good work. I love to see the pics, it gives me motivation to dress a little bit better. Since I am home all day, all I wear is sweats. With the nicer weather coming, I do want to wear better clothes. Plus the fact that I am 6 pant sizes, and 5 shirt sizes smaller than I was before the WLS!!

11 hours ago, Arabesque said:

What a lovely pxt @ANewJourneyAwaits. You’re gorgeous. Congrats on your weight loss so far too.

Went to a launch of some new labels at my favourite shoe store last night. Crab meat finger sandwiches (not for me though) & Pol Roger champagne. It was a really good night. 😁 Wore my new low rise Vegan leather pants & gold sandals from one of the new labels. Got a special preview earlier in the week before anyone else did & they let me buy them. Yes! Just had to fib a little & say I bought them just before the launch event started.

988B6F19-3591-4627-AF6B-1BF65AA52245.thumb.jpeg.1e27894452b0e525b045e47d16535bcb.jpeg

LOVE the shoes! 😍😍😍😍

You look amazing as always!

13 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Heeeyyyy! Those pants look awesome! I never thought to get looser-fitting faux leather pants/leggings cuz I figured it would look trash-baggy. Now I see that I was wrong! Off to go shopping for zippered-fly fauxs...

P.S. I love the shoes too.

P.P.S. This thread continues to take shots on my credit card.

Edited by ms.sss

15 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Love them..... where did you get them? You look amazing.