Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 9/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, november11 said:

Hey Guys …..I Had a great time at ocean city last week .. didn't make it to Atlantic city though...

oceanyellow1.jpg

oceanyellow.jpg

oceanilka.jpg

jumperroom.jpg

oceanbath.jpg

oceanswim2.jpg

You look like a model! I LOVE the swimsuit!!!

This is me at my mid-goal photo. I still have about 40lbs to go! I can’t believe I’m this thin again! The pants were my daughters and I had to ask her to bring me some things because nothing fit. Top is a Large and trending to Medium pretty fast!!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bizbaileymiller said:

This is me at my mid-goal photo. I still have about 40lbs to go! I can’t believe I’m this thin again! The pants were my daughters and I had to ask her to bring me some things because nothing fit. Top is a Large and trending to Medium pretty fast!!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Gorgeous 💕

17 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Yay! I finally found it! Cropped, too, for us petites. Much too lazy to model today... definitely an all day PJ's kind of day. My prim and proper Aunt would have been astounded that one would purchase any garment without a finished hem. Haha. ;]

IMG_6166.jpeg

I love white denim ♥️ but couldn't trust myself, I had on pre WLS and never got to wear it

I'm only halfway through this thread, it has become my favorite thread! I looooove each and every outfit and the metamorphoses of the people in them!

You guys rock❣

Now, I want to play, too, in a medium top and a size 8 jeans. I don't know that I've ever been this small in my whole life! It's mindboggling every time I look in a mirror!

20200923_145229.jpg

NERMADA! YOU are lookin’ GREAT!! Isn’t it Wonderful!!😁 Seems like our surgery was but a blink ago.

Congrats! and Keep up the GREAT SO WORTH IT WORK!!💃💖

Edited by Lily66

11 minutes ago, Nermada said:

I'm only halfway through this thread, it has become my favorite thread! I looooove each and every outfit and the metamorphoses of the people in them!

You guys rock❣

Now, I want to play, too, in a medium top and a size 8 jeans. I don't know that I've ever been this small in my whole life! It's mindboggling every time I look in a mirror!

20200923_145229.jpg

What a pretty classic relaxed look ♥️

Your jeans have the look of extreme softness because of the well placed fading

22 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I love white denim ♥️ but couldn't trust myself, I had on pre WLS and never got to wear it

Same😪...love it though! Great look.

36 minutes ago, Lily66 said:

NERMADA! YOU are lookin’ GREAT!! Isn’t it Wonderful!!😁 Seems like our surgery was but a blink ago.

Congrats! and Keep up the GREAT SO WORTH IT WORK!!💃💖

I know, Lily66, right?! Thank you for your kind words!!! I am 2.5 pounds shy of my surgeon's goal, but my own goal.... still quite some time.

I'm not worried though. For the first time ever, I'm trying to educate myself and change my whole eating lifestyle, so hopefully, I get it this time!!!

I'm tagging you, now YOU have to play, too❣💃💃💃

38 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

What a pretty classic relaxed look ♥️

Your jeans have the look of extreme softness because of the well placed fading

Thank you, GreenTealael! I definitely tend to dress "classically relaxed" all the time. 😊

6 minutes ago, Nermada said:

I know, Lily66, right?! Thank you for your kind words!!! I am 2.5 pounds shy of my surgeon's goal, but my own goal.... still quite some time.

I'm not worried though. For the first time ever, I'm trying to educate myself and change my whole eating lifestyle, so hopefully, I get it this time!!!

I'm tagging you, now YOU have to play, too❣💃💃💃

Right there with you!! Learning, listening and committing to a healthier more satisfying lifestyle. I humbly take it one day at a time but feel so great I cannot imagine ever, ever going back!! Ahhh, okay I’m tagged, will get a few pics soon!

Found this for comparison! Not my heaviest, but 3 weeks before surgery. Yikes!

20200220_121228.jpg

Edited by Nermada

11 hours ago, Nermada said:

Found this for comparison! Not my heaviest, but 3 weeks before surgery. Yikes!

20200220_121228.jpg

Wow! The comparison REALLY accentuates the before and after difference! You GO GIRL!! Are your posted stats current? Your weight loss looks like more than 37 lbs. for sure!.🏆I asked surgeon what his goal is for me, he only replied “to help you get to a healthy weight where you feel your best”. Sure wish he would have given at least a ballpark. I have 6 month follow up appt. next week, will press again at least for a range. Again, Congrats Nermada!!

4 hours ago, Lily66 said:

Wow! The comparison REALLY accentuates the before and after difference! You GO GIRL!! Are your posted stats current? Your weight loss looks like more than 37 lbs. for sure!.🏆I asked surgeon what his goal is for me, he only replied “to help you get to a healthy weight where you feel your best”. Sure wish he would have given at least a ballpark. I have 6 month follow up appt. next week, will press again at least for a range. Again, Congrats Nermada!!

Thank you very much, Lily!! So, my weight on the day I met my surgeon( 12/20/2019 ) was 276.6 lbs. He asked what my lowest weight as an adult was and that was his goal for me. It happened to be 190 lbs. His reasoning was that this is the weight my body was most comfortable at. (Day of before picture, I was down to 264.6 lbs.)

I happen to subscribe to Dr. Weiner's set point views. I think that surgery can/did change my set point and also healthy eating and intermittent fasting is helping reestablish a new healthier set point, that my body can be comfortable at and hopefully maintain.

My nutritionist gave me a goal of 165 lbs, but honestly, I feel I can still do better. I'd like to be between 140-150, but we'll see.

I am currently at 192.2 lbs which puts me at a 84.4 lbs lost.

I just tried to change my stats, but I seem to have forgotten how!🤔

I think your surgeon's goal is awesome! Weight is just a number, that they are discovering is less significant to health as they thought! This is especially true for people who have been obese for some time in their lives. (None of the times I was 190 lbs in my life,was I ever able to wear size 8 jeans or medium anything, just sayin!) Our goal, I believe, should be where we feel happiest with our shape/look/size. Don't worry so much about a certain number, you're doing great already and well on your way to being healthiest and happiest! Enjoy the ride, girl!!!!😘😘😘

Edited by Nermada

3 hours ago, Nermada said:

Thank you very much, Lily!! So, my weight on the day I met my surgeon( 12/20/2019 ) was 276.6 lbs. He asked what my lowest weight as an adult was and that was his goal for me. It happened to be 190 lbs. His reasoning was that this is the weight my body was most comfortable at. (Day of before picture, I was down to 264.6 lbs.)

I happen to subscribe to Dr. Weiner's set point views. I think that surgery can/did change my set point and also healthy eating and intermittent fasting is helping reestablish a new healthier set point, that my body can be comfortable at and hopefully maintain.

My nutritionist gave me a goal of 165 lbs, but honestly, I feel I can still do better. I'd like to be between 140-150, but we'll see.

I am currently at 192.2 lbs which puts me at a 84.4 lbs lost.

I just tried to change my stats, but I seem to have forgotten how!🤔

I think your surgeon's goal is awesome! Weight is just a number, that they are discovering is less significant to health as they thought! This is especially true for people who have been obese for some time in their lives. (None of the times I was 190 lbs in my life,was I ever able to wear size 8 jeans or medium anything, just sayin!) Our goal, I believe, should be where we feel happiest with our shape/look/size. Don't worry so much about a certain number, you're doing great already and well on your way to being healthiest and happiest! Enjoy the ride, girl!!!!😘😘😘

Ahhh! I see😀! Given that, your journey has been even MORE AMAZING! 84.4 lbs dropped in less than a year is incredible! Shout it from the mountaintop girl!💃🏆💝

So to update your stats (BariPal mountaintop)...go up to your name, top of the page here. Click the drop down arrow, click on ‘My Surgery’, then next page, left hand side should be ‘Progress’ and you can update. At least on my ipad and laptop it works this way...iphone not so much. I trust our new set points are happenIng and that we’ll be successful in maintaining. Thanks for nudging me to review Dr. Weiner re: set point views. He is excellent and time for me to check out more of his wisdom. Continued Wonderful to You!!😘