Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Like greentealael and ms.sss - I'm putting to the test new figure measurements and experimenting with how clothing is now fitting. Fell in love with this appliquéd cocktail evening dress yesterday for upcoming design award gala this May. It is a size 8 and fits appropriately except shoulders need raised and sleeves lengthened utilizing mesh that is also found on dress detailing. New shoes, too. A little ankle swelling due to previous knee injury. Will model again when all put together...hair included! Question: Soft black or nude hosiery?

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713
duplicated a picture

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Hahaha so its a mens Adidas 4xl track suit jacket that I converted into a dress

20200217_172435_Burst01.jpg

Ooooh, that’s a great idea! I’m going to put that on my list of things to keep an eye out for at thrift stores!

17 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Like greentealael and ms.sss - I'm putting to the test new figure measurements and experimenting with how clothing is now fitting. Fell in love with this appliquéd cocktail evening dress yesterday for upcoming design award gala this May. It is a size 8 and fits appropriately except shoulders need raised and sleeves lengthened utilizing mesh that is also found on dress detailing. New shoes, too. A little ankle swelling due to previous knee injury. Will model again when all put together...hair included! Question: Soft black or nude hosiery?

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3152.jpeg

That’s lovely! And nude.

Today was a work from home day and included a run, so I just wore my workout clothes all day. Now I’m going to shower and change into some even cozier loungewear before starting some Soup for dinner.

I need some new jeans, so Thursday will be a shopping day. Unlike before surgery, I’m looking forward to it! I’ve decided to go to the fancy lingerie shop and get a nice bra and some other new pretty things. I also need some new workout tops, mine are all annoyingly huge on me now, as seen below. The tank top underneath the long sleeve t-shirt is all loose and bunching up. It is NOT a good look. 😂

AC093E69-19CA-4EBE-B339-515273E598D3.thumb.jpeg.5f3d345a10bb370c0549c6260635dd58.jpeg

Edited by AngieBear

However, my shopping excursion did not end there with the cocktail dress. I couldn't help but be inspired by some other wonderful day dreaming things for our some of our thread participants as follows:

1. Killer plaid jacket for greentealael 2. Feminine dresses for Kay's mommy 3. Cool Jeans, slinky top and exquisite heels for ms.sss 4. Stunning high heels for bayougirlmrs.s 5. Way cool outfit for fluffychix (love the new style with one shirt tail out) 6. The Milou shop definitely made for angiebear! 7. Fabulous blue tunic, white jeans and satchel for sheribear 8. Sexy heels for none other than sillykitty 9. A classic casual outfit - I think many of us would favor especially the khaki jacket 10. Gorgeous nubby top with white slacks for orchids&dragon 11. Really unique adjustable necklace for some of Arabesque's stylishly smashing black outfits. Had lot's of FUN! It's a designer thing... ;]

IMG_3159.jpeg

IMG_3161.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg

IMG_3166.jpeg

IMG_3164.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3172.jpeg

IMG_3163.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

< ...>

Soft black or nude hosiery?

IMG_3148.jpeg

Sophie I love this dress!!! You look so good in it!

RE: hose colour I think would depend on shoe colour? Are you wearing the new shoes in question? Or another pair?

7 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

However, my shopping excursion did not end there with the cocktail dress. I couldn't help but be inspired by some other wonderful day dreaming things for our some of our thread participants as follows:

1. Killer plaid jacket for greentealael 2. Feminine dresses for Kay's mommy 3. Cool Jeans, slinky top and exquisite heels for ms.sss 4. Stunning high heels for bayougirlmrs.s 5. Way cool outfit for fluffychix (love the new style with one shirt tail out) 6. The Milou shop definitely made for angiebear! 7. Fabulous blue tunic, white jeans and satchel for sheribear 8. Sexy heels for none other than sillykitty 9. A classic casual outfit - I think many of us would favor especially the khaki jacket 10. Gorgeous nubby top with white slacks for orchids&dragon 11. Really unique adjustable necklace for some of Arabesque's stylishly smashing black outfits. Had lot's of FUN! It's a designer thing... ;]

OH. MY. GOD. This is soooooo awesome.

You totally NAILED all of those!!!

...I think you just invented my new favourite game... *rubs hands in anticipation*

Edited by ms.sss

19 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

Today was a work from home day and included a run, so I just wore my workout clothes all day. Now I’m going to shower and change into some even cozier loungewear before starting some Soup for dinner.

I need some new jeans, so Thursday will be a shopping day. Unlike before surgery, I’m looking forward to it! I’ve decided to go to the fancy lingerie shop and get a nice bra and some other new pretty things. I also need some new workout tops, mine are all annoyingly huge on me now, as seen below. The tank top underneath the long sleeve t-shirt is all loose and bunching up. It is NOT a good look. 😂

AC093E69-19CA-4EBE-B339-515273E598D3.thumb.jpeg.5f3d345a10bb370c0549c6260635dd58.jpeg

I need to shop for some nice jeans this week, too! All my slim bottoms are sportswear. What kind of Soup? I love soup! I'm coming over for dinner...

28 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Sophie I love this dress!!! You look so good in it!

RE: hose colour I think would depend on shoe colour? Are you wearing the new shoes in question? Or another pair?

Thanks! I'd love to wear a patent leather black open sandal heels BUT just not an option - soooo I selected these mesh black shoes and with them thinking very sheer nude, right? You'd love the details on dress. I'll take close-ups when dress is in my possession after alterations. The shoes are actually very pretty black suede and mesh band in front and sides... less very swelled feet. Very humid day yesterday... going to see GP in March about all the puffiness? Also, I do have a pretty pair of nude pointy flats... that maybe nice, too? So sad I can't add a few inches to my frame and silhouette! ;[

IMG_3151.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713
mispelled word

41 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

I need to shop for some nice jeans this week, too! All my slim bottoms are sportswear. What kind of Soup? I love soup! I'm coming over for dinner...

Broccoli cheddar! I’m adding in some veggie meat to mine to Protein it up. My kid made French bread, and I’m going to indulge in a bit of that as well.

On 02/18/2020 at 14:41, BayougirlMrsS said:

I think you should be ok to by shorts.... Where are you headed? I think we may head to Vegas soon.... I know we are headed back to Jekyll Island for our one year anniversary.

Get some flowy dresses...

We’ve narrowed it down to either St Thomas or Aruba.
I’m definitely a Bermuda shorts and tank top kind of gal, but I might splurge on a flowey dress and make him take me out somewhere fancy one night.
Of course I’ll be bringing my yoga pants for beach yoga....

On 02/18/2020 at 18:40, Sophie7713 said:

Thanks! I'd love to wear a patent leather black open sandal heels BUT just not an option - soooo I selected these mesh black shoes and with them thinking very sheer nude, right? You'd love the details on dress. I'll take close-ups when dress is in my possession after alterations. The shoes are actually very pretty black suede and mesh band in front and sides... less very swelled feet. Very humid day yesterday... going to see GP in March about all the puffiness? Also, I do have a pretty pair of nude pointy flats... that maybe nice, too? So sad I can't add a few inches to my frame and silhouette! ;[

IMG_3151.jpeg

These look very nice!
Of course, maybe a little sparkle wouldn’t be amiss either

I love that you’re shopping for all of us @Sophie7713. Really like that dress on you. I’d go sheer black hose with the black shoes. (Love the touch of mesh.) if it was a day event the nude would work but the black for an elegant evening. Keeping the colour going all the way thru will make you look taller too - a bonus for all of us under 5’4.

And aren’t the men bringing it. Hot!

I just donated all my old XL hoodies, track pants, tops & running pants which led to an expedition to my local Bonds store for more appropriately sized options (XS). Strongly motivated by a trip to Bunya Mountains next month with my baby brother & his family. Lovely bush walks & native animals to enjoy (& a few drinks on the verandah).

My new babies - and only 2inch heels. Not suitable for bush walking though. Lol.

D334A8EE-0BF3-401A-8F36-9D77DB8A8620.jpeg

Oh Sophie. You put such a huge smile on my face. I need to come to your warm weather, and stay in your spare bedroom. And we can go shopping. 😀You totally nailed all of us. That dress is so perfect, and so you. But the best thing you always wear is your smile.

As always I see some serious style going on. I need style advice from all of you. My big purchase this weekend was a pair of vans. LOL. Never have I worn anything trendy. My husband and daughter talked me into buying them. I know just a simple pair of shoes but I have a hard time getting out of my comfort zone. I told them I was too old for just a simple pair of shoes. Of course I got done eye rolls. I did buy some fitted tank tops, I need to get over my arm flaps. Also some fitted short cardigans for work. So I’m trying with more fitted clothes. I see ms.sss and silly kitty with so many cute fitted dresses and I will conquer this. I did it at my Christmas party this year, and I need to do it again.

51 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

I love that you’re shopping for all of us @Sophie7713. Really like that dress on you. I’d go sheer black hose with the black shoes. (Love the touch of mesh.) if it was a day event the nude would work but the black for an elegant evening. Keeping the colour going all the way thru will make you look taller too - a bonus for all of us under 5’4.

What she said, LOL.

I'll also add that if it's a day event, nude shoes (with nude hose) gives the impression of longer legs as well...