Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 02/12/2020 at 13:33, AngieBear said:

Today’s OOTD features more thrift store finds. The lightweight sweater and the suede blazer were finds from last week. I LOVE the blazer, but I think it’s more of a fancy night out thing?

The jeans were not a thrift store find. I, uhh, paid full price for them. I really like them, though, and since I’m supposedly in maintenance..... Plus, if I shrink more I can just take them in a bit.

My puffy loose skin/fat thing on my tummy is annoying, but I think overall the outfit still looks best with my shirt tucked in.

49BCADA9-41BC-41D9-B322-8C56942E49CB.thumb.jpeg.8bdbb5602a459f80472e24c190dee79c.jpeg 4E95F237-6E37-49BD-9C12-4BB09FC7CE87.thumb.jpeg.58da5209c7268c99bb60d086f8a5bb98.jpeg

Okay so all of your outfits are amazing, but this just really looks AH-MAY-ZING!

Nice curves and you can just see that you’re so happy with the new you.

It does suck that people treat us so differently as thin vs heavier. Nowadays, I almost want to confront people who are sooooo much nicer and more accepting of me now.
I don’t because it would only send out negative energy vibes and I’m trying my best to avoid that head space, but sometimes I’ll be out and people are all super smiley and friendly and it makes me wish that I could look like I did a year ago for just 5 minutes just to see how they’d react.

Hubs and I went out of town yesterday for a nice getaway at a hotel and spa and everyone was just as nice as could be.
I got offered a free room upgrade and the wait staff at the spa bent over backward making sure we didn’t need anything while we were there.
At dinner I got a funny look from the waiter when I didn’t order an entree, but I get less of those funny looks as I’m at this weight.
People now expect someone my size NOT to eat all that much I guess 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, AngieBear said:

Thank you! My students have a great attitude. They comment a lot on my clothing (as I do on theirs, because dang they are a fashionable lot!).

As far as weight, they don't really mention it unless I do, and they are interested in the process. Students are one demographic that don't treat me any differently than when I was closer to 300 lbs. Men my age and older are much nicer to me now, which was pretty irritating that it was such a drastic difference. I was still deserving of respect and kindness prior to weight loss.

When we talk about it, my students are always interested in the social aspects like that, etc. I've been pretty open. One of my dreams is that young people won't spend as many years and as much bandwidth fussing over weight and body image, you know? One of our current crafty collabs is with a group on coming to love themselves as they are. With that in mind, my students never say "wow you look great!" because they are VERY adamant that I looked great before. I love and respect them for that. And they aren't wrong. But damn is it easier to go through the world as a smaller person. For so many reasons.

I did have a couple of students concerned that I wasn't eating enough. We try to keep an eye on each other's stress levels and self-care. It was sweet of them, and my body image was WAY off, I admit. That conversation is one of the reasons I'm really pretty okay with staying at this weight rather than continuing to try to lose. My husband likes me curvy anyway. And TBH - I like me curvy! I will get this tummy skin/flab dealt with, but otherwise I'm tickled with where I'm at.

This is pure music to my ears! I wrote a series of three published articles on this subject matter at hand - I will send them on. I think you and your students would find them so refreshing! :] Your curves are beautiful and we each Celebrate the body type given to us. It is all about our health, wholeness and well being that matters most. The slimmer and fit body is just candy dressing. But isn't it wonderful to be lighter on your feet when instructing now? And, to wear fun things like your students! Would you believe at hubbies recent 60th surprise party (at a steak house) - two married men guests came on to me - like if you ever find yourself single... Egregious! I wanted to slap them. And, I wanted to reply but I did not: My husband whom we are celebrating tonight lest you have forgotten while overtaken by my beauty (haha)... Is the consummate gentleman, lover and best friend who has loved me heavy, in-between and slender AND you my friend, don't even come close to making that cut. Go eat your steak! (implying the meat market mentality at best) - So very sad, but not surprising you are now worthy in the eyes of your male colleagues. What twits! A wonderful paper could be written on all the social implications we have each experienced by both men and women. Right!? Maybe a new thread topic: The Good, bad and the ugly: How others SEE and PRECIEVE you now?

IMG_2676.jpeg

Edited by Sophie7713
misspelled words

46 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

3p4mvq.jpg.31af4e90862a62b08988c7b30c9f7f7e.jpg

AMEN SISTER! AND AGAIN, I SAY AMEN!

5 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Maybe a new thread topic: The Good, bad and the ugly: How others SEE and PRECIEVE you now

This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to read this thread

I nominate you @Sophie7713 to lead the charge 💪

I am only six months from my surgery. Due to circumstances beyond my control, it took me two years to get my surgery and I started modifying my habits during that time and lost 35 pounds prior to my surgery. I have lost 76 pounds since my surgery, for a total of 111 pounds. A few days ago, I went to a social function where four people with whom I worked before my retirement three years ago were there. Their surprised looks were followed by exclamations of how good I looked. To if the four have weight issues and asked me questions about the surgery and pros and cons. I arrived to be as honest as possible with them.

Miss a few days & miss lots of fabulousness. Love that skirt & tweed jacket @AngieBear & I can’t wait to see you looking glamorous at your gala @Sophie7713. Congrats on your nsvs @november11 - looking good. I love spots & stripes too @kristieshannon.

Big love to @AngieBear & @Sophie7713 promoting self worth. Sadly, making judgements about others based only on how they look is becoming endemic in society. I put my hand up shamefully & admit to have done it too. Worse that, in a previous life I taught 11/12yr old girls & would push individuality, resilience, self confidence & respecting others.

Went to see my surgeon today. Bought the dress about 6wks ago & it’s a little big now. Those 2.5kgs I unintentionally lost have dropped me down a dress size (pity party thread followers know of my pain).

40FB7B7A-94FC-4F3F-9D2F-57D92FCBD23C.jpeg

Today I’m all in on tweed. My skirt is super high waisted, which I like, but it’s taking a bit of getting used to. I got it super on sale from ModCloth. It was too small, but now zips up fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ My weight hasn’t changed much, so things are shifting around I think. The tweed jacket I thrifted.
OMG I am realizing how much use I’ve gotten out of my 2 pair of tall boots. I think I must have a TON of tall boot wearing time to make up for since I missed so many years of bootential!
649DDC11-8AE0-45D3-95DA-DE5DCE172366.thumb.jpeg.325667148cbed1d42b6677c1a5261581.jpeg FE732B27-A62E-4DBD-A925-57E45F231F84.thumb.jpeg.97494150e5d9525b96e75e1e9b8646f5.jpegs
[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Thank you! My students have a great attitude. They comment a lot on my clothing (as I do on theirs, because dang they are a fashionable lot!).
As far as weight, they don't really mention it unless I do, and they are interested in the process. Students are one demographic that don't treat me any differently than when I was closer to 300 lbs. Men my age and older are much nicer to me now, which was pretty irritating that it was such a drastic difference. I was still deserving of respect and kindness prior to weight loss.
When we talk about it, my students are always interested in the social aspects like that, etc. I've been pretty open. One of my dreams is that young people won't spend as many years and as much bandwidth fussing over weight and body image, you know? One of our current crafty collabs is with a group on coming to love themselves as they are. With that in mind, my students never say "wow you look great!" because they are VERY adamant that I looked great before. I love and respect them for that. And they aren't wrong. But damn is it easier to go through the world as a smaller person. For so many reasons.
I did have a couple of students concerned that I wasn't eating enough. We try to keep an eye on each other's stress levels and self-care. It was sweet of them, and my body image was WAY off, I admit. That conversation is one of the reasons I'm really pretty okay with staying at this weight rather than continuing to try to lose. My husband likes me curvy anyway. And TBH - I like me curvy! I will get this tummy skin/flab dealt with, but otherwise I'm tickled with where I'm at.
Your students sound awesome! Kudos to you for having such a positive influence on them! Btw how did I miss the fact that you are married? Gosh I guess I'm so focused on all the cute pics that I didn't catch that until now. #notetoselfreadthoroughly

This past weekend I ran a 5K (3.1mi) and half marathon (13.1mi) in Miami. I had so much energy and it felt oh so good!image-0.007987022399902344.thumb.jpg.4180b9521cb2e898cf364eacb90ff200.jpg
Congratulations! That's awesome! Look at you in your cute outfit! #goals

@AngieBear I LOVE that suede jacket and finding it at a thrift store is such a bonus!

@AnewAngela a 5K and a half marathon in one weekend? Impressive, and you looked great doing it! I love your running pants!

Yay for Friday! Had my 6 month follow up with my surgeon yesterday. BP was 113/60 and resting heart rate 56! Off all meds now except Vitamins. 90.5 lbs down as of this morning. I’m heading to Mexico in less than 3 weeks to Celebrate my one year wedding anniversary with my husband. Although I’m not where I want to be yet, I’m going to feel such more confident in my swim suit and summer dresses this year!

18 hours ago, AngieBear said:

You have very lucky students! And you have packed a lot of wisdom into this post. Thank you.

13 hours ago, AnewAngela said:

and half marathon (13.1mi)

Nice! This is on my goal list this year....

P.S. You look like you own the place :)