Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today’s OOTD features more thrift store finds. The lightweight sweater and the suede blazer were finds from last week. I LOVE the blazer, but I think it’s more of a fancy night out thing?

The jeans were not a thrift store find. I, uhh, paid full price for them. I really like them, though, and since I’m supposedly in maintenance..... Plus, if I shrink more I can just take them in a bit.

My puffy loose skin/fat thing on my tummy is annoying, but I think overall the outfit still looks best with my shirt tucked in.

49BCADA9-41BC-41D9-B322-8C56942E49CB.thumb.jpeg.8bdbb5602a459f80472e24c190dee79c.jpeg 4E95F237-6E37-49BD-9C12-4BB09FC7CE87.thumb.jpeg.58da5209c7268c99bb60d086f8a5bb98.jpeg

Advanced issue found
2 hours ago, november11 said:

morning9.jpg.71c9c953b1b212f5a76923bea5714590.jpgMy OOTD ….morning11.jpg.48f7d9d24c97ca5688901e19f48a7857.jpg morning12.thumb.jpg.a0dd09be554b12db15b5a92c23885ac5.jpg He is just my WORK husband......

HOT MAMA!

I’ve been a stitchfix customer for about 4 years and it’s hit or miss now as my sizes do down but this sweater from my last box is probably one of my favorite items I’ve gotten from them.

812A87F4-C7F8-46F5-8F20-0618FD4AFB1F.jpeg

Edited by Mom_of_Chaos

I love dots almost as much as I love stripes. Probably my last time wearing this top though, it’s getting too big. A good problem to have! I’m off to my 6 month follow up with my surgeon and nutritionist today and am excited to show them my progress. 37 lbs to goal as of this morning!

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Playing Catch-up, and offering up much deserved props to y'all:

@BayougirlMrsS : Wow. I wish I could fill out the back of my jeans like you do yours. A$$ for days....

@Snapcase- : You should get paid to take pics and look good for your Old Navy advertising #becauseOfYouIalwaysUsePortraitMode

@Sheribear68 : Looking F.I.T. Love it.

@november11 : You look so confident! Love the cropped leather jacket. P.S. you and your "work husband" look very much in "work love", LOL

@Sophie7713 : My goodness, you and Robert are gonna look super glam at your Gala! Can't for you to post oodles of pics! Also, you continue to amaze me with your happy outlook during your PS recovery. I was already sinking into dark places when I was at your stage. #sophieMustBeMySpiritAnimalForever P.S. you are looking even smaller now! I can see your shoulder muscles!

@AngieBear : Yup, I like the tucked in look as well. The reddish top looks great with your hair (BTW, I am secretly impatiently waiting for my own hair to grow so I can style it like yours...I really like how the ends of your hair flips in that white pants outfit pic ❤️. not sure I can pull off your colour though, will stick to my boring black)

@Mom_of_Chaos : HOT! That top is super flattering on you.

@kristieshannon : Welcome to the thread...Congrats on being so close to goal :) And yeah, that top is too big on you...time to go shopping to show off your hard work...and more pics please...

Edited by ms.sss

21 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Still hanging out in healing mode at home in my cozy compression garments + PJ's as my outfit for the month. Haha. Although the scarf does add a little pizazz, right? ;] But found new color way in that sparkly flat shoe with more neutral undertones to blend better with 25th gala ensemble. Designed the vest and ascot for hubby. Seamstress did a phenomenal job. She's now working on the sketch dress I submitted for our original matron of honor. Hubby was a penguin 25 years ago. This time, I thought the mid-grey tux (although the model looks 15!) with cool grey shoes + block socks were really hip + stylish for our gentlemen vow renewal party at 60 and older, but certainly young at heart. I think hubby gets more distinguished with age.

IMG_3027.jpeg

C1036-700x970.jpeg

denise mcgill dress.jpg

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1932.jpeg

you're so cute !!

Today I’m all in on tweed. My skirt is super high waisted, which I like, but it’s taking a bit of getting used to. I got it super on sale from ModCloth. It was too small, but now zips up fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ My weight hasn’t changed much, so things are shifting around I think. The tweed jacket I thrifted.

OMG I am realizing how much use I’ve gotten out of my 2 pair of tall boots. I think I must have a TON of tall boot wearing time to make up for since I missed so many years of bootential!

649DDC11-8AE0-45D3-95DA-DE5DCE172366.thumb.jpeg.325667148cbed1d42b6677c1a5261581.jpeg FE732B27-A62E-4DBD-A925-57E45F231F84.thumb.jpeg.97494150e5d9525b96e75e1e9b8646f5.jpegs

3 minutes ago, november11 said:

morning14.jpg.66076e521714bfcc8f8981721728fb87.jpgAnother NSV,,,SIZE 9 FROM 11morning13.jpg.da4ad500fa1cd180da8aac0aa004fc30.jpgOH "work husband" says Hi ..

Look at all the room on that chair! And I really like those shoes. I’m considering picking up a pair in that style. I don’t really NEED any new shoes, but...

2 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

I love dots almost as much as I love stripes. Probably my last time wearing this top though, it’s getting too big. A good problem to have! I’m off to my 6 month follow up with my surgeon and nutritionist today and am excited to show them my progress. 37 lbs to goal as of this morning!

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Cute! That shirt is definitely too big, though. Have you considered a cute black belt? Or even red? Silly Kitty got me on this belt kick, and I have to say it's been pretty fun.

Edited by AngieBear

2 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

Today I’m all in on tweed. My skirt is super high waisted, which I like, but it’s taking a bit of getting used to. I got it super on sale from ModCloth. It was too small, but now zips up fine 🤷🏻‍♀️ My weight hasn’t changed much, so things are shifting around I think. The tweed jacket I thrifted.

OMG I am realizing how much use I’ve gotten out of my 2 pair of tall boots. I think I must have a TON of tall boot wearing time to make up for since I missed so many years of bootential!

649DDC11-8AE0-45D3-95DA-DE5DCE172366.thumb.jpeg.325667148cbed1d42b6677c1a5261581.jpeg FE732B27-A62E-4DBD-A925-57E45F231F84.thumb.jpeg.97494150e5d9525b96e75e1e9b8646f5.jpegs

high waisted suits you well … very nice Angie

1 hour ago, november11 said:

morning14.jpg.66076e521714bfcc8f8981721728fb87.jpg

ANOTHER NSV size 9 from size 11 ..oh and "work husband" says Hi....

morning13.jpg.da4ad500fa1cd180da8aac0aa004fc30.jpg..

Hi handsome work husband! ;]

1 hour ago, AngieBear said:

649DDC11-8AE0-45D3-95DA-DE5DCE172366.thumb.jpeg.325667148cbed1d42b6677c1a5261581.jpeg FE732B27-A62E-4DBD-A925-57E45F231F84.thumb.jpeg.97494150e5d9525b96e75e1e9b8646f5.jpegs

AngieBear!!! This outfit looks fantastic on you! The high waist skirt so flattering and stylish with buttons. Definitely a wardrobe keeper and worth taking in when the time comes... I love the way you punctuated with black on top and bottom with necklace to die for. You must feel like a million bucks $$$$$ today because you certainly look it! Wow. What have your students said about the new you?!

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

AngieBear!!! This outfit looks fantastic on you! The high waist skirt so flattering and stylish with buttons. Definitely a wardrobe keeper and worth taking in when the time comes... I love the way you punctuated with black on top and bottom with necklace to die for. You must feel like a million bucks $$$$$ today because you certainly look it! Wow. What have your students said about the new you?!

Thank you! My students have a great attitude. They comment a lot on my clothing (as I do on theirs, because dang they are a fashionable lot!).

As far as weight, they don't really mention it unless I do, and they are interested in the process. Students are one demographic that don't treat me any differently than when I was closer to 300 lbs. Men my age and older are much nicer to me now, which was pretty irritating that it was such a drastic difference. I was still deserving of respect and kindness prior to weight loss.

When we talk about it, my students are always interested in the social aspects like that, etc. I've been pretty open. One of my dreams is that young people won't spend as many years and as much bandwidth fussing over weight and body image, you know? One of our current crafty collabs is with a group on coming to love themselves as they are. With that in mind, my students never say "wow you look great!" because they are VERY adamant that I looked great before. I love and respect them for that. And they aren't wrong. But damn is it easier to go through the world as a smaller person. For so many reasons.

I did have a couple of students concerned that I wasn't eating enough. We try to keep an eye on each other's stress levels and self-care. It was sweet of them, and my body image was WAY off, I admit. That conversation is one of the reasons I'm really pretty okay with staying at this weight rather than continuing to try to lose. My husband likes me curvy anyway. And TBH - I like me curvy! I will get this tummy skin/flab dealt with, but otherwise I'm tickled with where I'm at.

Edited by AngieBear

14 minutes ago, AngieBear said:

One of my dreams is that young people won't spend as many years and as much bandwidth fussing over weight and body image, you know? 

3p4mvq.jpg.31af4e90862a62b08988c7b30c9f7f7e.jpg