Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 1/10/2020 at 11:44 PM, mousecat88 said:

I got it off of Shein! You can Google the website. It was like 18$!

On 1/11/2020 at 12:24 PM, ms.sss said:

I just spent the last 2 hours on the Shein website. I've got 113 items in my favourites and I haven't even got to dresses and beachwear yet....!!!

67376395_ScreenShot2020-01-11at12_22_02PM.thumb.png.fd98d03c45983e07aa916929ab058ba1.png

SHEIN.com UPDATE:

OK, so I got my first SHEIN order delivered this afternoon! And no, I didn't get the entire 113 item long wishlist, LOL, I shortlisted it to a mere 8 items (this time, hahaha). One item was for the Kid so really, I only got 7.

Anyhoo, for the relatively cheap prices of the products, they are much more well made than I thought they would be.

Shipping to Canada took 8 days from order submission and was FREE.

Sizing is pretty good, the items I got in XS fit well enough, wished they offered XXS, but I can live with the XS fit.

I got a bikini in size S since they didn't have it is XS, and I sort of knew it might be too big, and yeah, it was.

I also got a halter that was "ONE-SIZE", and that was too big too.

Otherwise and pretty pleased with my purchases and can't wait to wear them all out somewhere!

13 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Brutally honest opinions needed!

New compression gear has arrived ... but is this still too much tummy?

IMG_9078.thumb.jpg.faa5e44bd69ac574727d37ee6d1228a8.jpg IMG_9080.thumb.jpg.6e81dfc0bbf4f95e58b29516b63d9952.jpg

High profile meetings next week and I'm struggling with hiding both my boobs and my belly :(

First you look pretty HOT tummy or not.

My initial response is to go with how you feel, and if you are comfortable. If you are going to be self-conscious, then choose something else. We need you to feel awesome for your Very Important Meetings.

With that said, if it were me, I'd go with a a looser dress that drapes over the second curve vs hugs?

P.S. Also don't think there is need to hide the boobs, it's not like you are showing alot of cleavage or anything, and they look awesome (I dont see any asymmetry in height ether...)

Edited by ms.sss

I agree with @ms.sss. I think your boobs look great @sillykitty. Put comfort (physical & mental comfort) first when it comes to the dress & compression gear. Think you could go with or without. The dress is great and yay for the black & white pattern too.

Thanks for the comments about my wide leg pant outfit everyone. Decided to wear it again today for a catch up with a girlfriend & a rushed shopping trip.

I was looking for XS & XXS sizes today too @ms.sss. So hard to find or they just don’t offer the smaller sizes. It’s the reverse of how I used to struggle to find sizes. I’ve dropped to an size 6 Aust (2 US) so the size 10s & S in my wardrobe are too big. The pants I had on yesterday were on my hips & the butt was all baggy & flappy. But there is so much variation in sizes from retailer to retailer, label to label even in a basic singlet top. It’s why I don’t online shop much. I’m always returning. Loud sigh.

1 hour ago, Arabesque said:

So hard to find or they just don’t offer the smaller sizes. It’s the reverse of how I used to struggle to find sizes.

I know right? I have supplemented my wardrobe with some girls' sized clothing I got as hand-me-downs from my Kid.

P.S. I just noticed we are basically the same size (weight and height)! Though it looks like you are more legs than torso, and I am more torso than legs, lol

Edited by ms.sss

6 hours ago, ms.sss said:

First you look pretty HOT tummy or not.

My initial response is to go with how you feel, and if you are comfortable. If you are going to be self-conscious, then choose something else. We need you to feel awesome for your Very Important Meetings.

With that said, if it were me, I'd go with a a looser dress that drapes over the second curve vs hugs?

P.S. Also don't think there is need to hide the boobs, it's not like you are showing alot of cleavage or anything, and they look awesome (I dont see any asymmetry in height ether...)

I agree with all of this.

You look amazing! Gorgeous dress. I agree with what @ms.sss said - wear what *you* feel best in. Not knowing too much about the big meeting, I don't know if maybe something a little looser fitting would be more suitable. In any case, you look fantastic in this dress so if it's the one you feel best in then by all means wear it to that meeting!

12 hours ago, sillykitty said:

IMG_9078.thumb.jpg.faa5e44bd69ac574727d37ee6d1228a8.jpg IMG_9080.thumb.jpg.6e81dfc0bbf4f95e58b29516b63d9952.jpg

High profile meetings next week and I'm struggling with hiding both my boobs and my belly :(

Hot dang girl... you really look very much like an awesome woman! The belly is fine and boobs look magnificent.

The important thing is how does it make *you* feel? If the meeting is super important and you are uncomfortable for any reason that is not ideal, so evaluate on your own feelings.

I think you look gorgeous and nothing less than stellar, you are a very hard judge on yourself!

13 hours ago, sillykitty said:

NOPE not too much of anything,

I think you have that Silver Screen Siren look, A super bombshell figure and it looks GOOD 😍

John-Kobal-Foundation-Anthony-Ugrin-Marilyn-Monroe-for-_How-to-Marry-a-Millionaire_1760x.jpg

Too late for the party. :( @sillykitty what did you decide to do with the meeting outfit? LOVE the shoes, btw! And great calves/rack! I echo what everyone said...it's how YOU feel in it that's important. Just curious, are you wearing your butt panties since having the LBL?

14 hours ago, ms.sss said:

SHEIN.com UPDATE:

OK, so I got my first SHEIN order delivered this afternoon! And no, I didn't get the entire 113 item long wishlist, LOL, I shortlisted it to a mere 8 items (this time, hahaha). One item was for the Kid so really, I only got 7.

Anyhoo, for the relatively cheap prices of the products, they are much more well made than I thought they would be.

Shipping to Canada took 8 days from order submission and was FREE.

Sizing is pretty good, the items I got in XS fit well enough, wished they offered XXS, but I can live with the XS fit.

I got a bikini in size S since they didn't have it is XS, and I sort of knew it might be too big, and yeah, it was.

I also got a halter that was "ONE-SIZE", and that was too big too.

Otherwise and pretty pleased with my purchases and can't wait to wear them all out somewhere!

we need a fashion show.....

14 hours ago, sillykitty said:

love the dress. and the shoes (they look like a pair of Cole Haan i have).... not crazy about that belt. Do you have a silver chain belt?

Not sure if i would wear this at a high profile meeting. I would lean more to a cute skirt and probably button down shirt... Same shoes would work.

Would deff. wear on a date.

Any one what this dress? It is now too big. Cleaning out the closet.... also have some size 10 and 6 dress pants.

I bought his dress because i had a mad crush on Christina Hendricks from Mad Men.

Let me know... if not going to post on my local WLS page and give away there.

madman.JPG

56846566.jpg

@GreenTealael The baby shower outfit reminded me of an episode of Gilmore Girls.

Lorelei: “What outfit goes better with baby?”

4CB353B7-8DD8-457E-B2DB-7ED8C5640AB6.jpeg

15 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I don't think anyone but you will notice your "problem" areas. You look fantastic and that's all they'll notice!